Carol Channing.

kiddyhouse

Ok, so some of you who frequent the BB boards know my screen name. I work for a bank in the call center and I get calls from California. I have had a few local celebrities call in occassionally, but I was thrilled and stupid excited today.

The gentleman who called in didn't have his account # handy, and when I looked up his account by is social security #, it didn't pull up. Then he says "Oh ok, well let me put Carol Channing on the line" I was on the phone with her for a few minutes. She sounds exactly the same, she had a hard time hearing me, but what a thrill !!

Ok, I know, I am a dork, but hey, it isnt everyday you get to speak to a Hollywood legend on the phone.

channing_carol-762162.jpg

Back in the late 90's Carol Channing went on the road and did "Hello Dolly" I saw her at the Orphum Theater in Omaha Nebraska....the minute they put the tickets on sale we stood in line for them.....we got third row center....it was a great performance! One I'll never forget....she was pretty old (in her 80s I think) but she could still sing and dance.....she had beautiful legs!

I did notice that the dancers around her was pretty close to her and had an eye on her....like spotters.

At the end of the show she got several standing ovations......I cried.....she was a true performer that night......

She glowed and smiled at the other dancers and actors and at the audience.....I could tell from just watching her that she has to be a great person off the stage too!

Kiddyhouse....that is so cool you got to talk to her.....COOL!

:pixiedust:

She was born in 1921, so she is around 88 now. It was so awsome to talk to her, even for just a short while. Highlight of my day, week, month and year....maybe even decade. Other than her being hard of hearing, she is really with it....no alzheimers for her.

TCS, I would loved to have seen that. How fantastic for you. It is sad to think that caliber of Hollywood is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived