Hatched and Matched

Jem

'Dancing with the Stars' Champ Becomes a Father

Drew Lachey and wife Lea welcome a baby girl to the family

capt.b69f02ab53100dbac272917525dc2123.jp

Drew LacheyLOS ANGELES -- Drew Lachey has a significantly prettier prize to bring home after snagging the garish "Dancing with the Stars" trophy.

The former 98 Degrees member and his wife Lea became the parents to a baby girl on Thursday, March 23, according to published reports. The couple's first child was born in Los Angeles. No additional details were given.

At the time of the "Dancing with the Stars" February finale, fans of the show were afraid that Lea's pregnancy would interfere with Drew's terpsichore triumph. Evidently the baby was polite enough to wait a month and not upstage her dad.

Lea and Drew, both 29, were childhood and high school sweethearts who married in October 2000 in Cincinnati. Drew credits Lea, who was a dancer and choreographer for 98 Degrees, for his success in the reality dance show. Professional partner Cheryl Burke might have had something to do with it too.

Drew is also the brother of fellow 98 Degrees member Nick Lachey and the soon-to-be ex brother-in-law to Jessica Simpson.

Lachey will take a break from changing diapers to co-host the Miss USA pageant in Baltimore on Friday, April 21.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

'Three Musketeers' for Chris O'Donnell

caroline_chris.jpg

Caroline Fentress and Chris O'Donnell

It's one for all and all for one! Actor Chris O'Donnell adds a third son to his family. O'Donnell's wife, Caroline Fentress, gave birth Friday, March 24 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Us Magazine reported. They haven't decided on a name yet, the magazine said.

The couple, who married in 1997, have three other children, two boys and a girl. Their daughter, Lily Anne, was born on September 3, 1999 in New Zealand. Their sons, Christopher Eugene Jr. was born on October 24, 2000 and Charles McHugh, was born on July 11, 2003 in Los Angeles, California.

O'Donnell gained fame playing the Boy Wonder in the 1995 film "Batman Forever." He will appear on the TV show, "Grey's Anatomy" beginning April 2.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Baby News

'Tiny Dancer' for Drew Lachey

lachey1.jpg

Drew Lachey

Forget "Dancing with the Stars," champ Drew Lachey has a much more prized title now: Daddy. Lachey and wife Lea, both 29, welcomed their first child, a baby girl, daughter Isabella Claire Lachey, on Thursday, March 23, in Los Angeles, California.

Lachey's representative released the "Tiny Dancer's" vital statistics as weighing in at 7 lbs. 2 oz. However, no details were released about the newborn girl's toe-tapping prowess.

"Mom, dad and baby are all happy and healthy," publicist Holly Shakoor said in a statement. As are Uncle Nick and the babe's grandparents. "We are thrilled and very excited about it all!" Lea's father, Dan Urra, who flew to Los Angeles earlier this week with his wife to be with their delivering daughter, told Us Magazine.

rent-drew-lachey-.jpg

Drew Lachey as Mark in 'Rent'

Drew Lachey, who formerly crooned in 98 Degrees along with big brother Nick, has known the former Lea Dellecave nearly as long before tying the knot in October 2000. The two met in fifth grade, were high school sweethearts and, unlike Nick, even maintained their romance amid a professional partnership: Lea Lachey is a choreographer and dancer who toured with 98 Degrees in both capacitites.

And her coaching apparently paid off. Last month, Drew Lachey and professional dance partner, Cheryl Burke took home the coveted--if, as he noted, "ugly"--trophy as winners of ABC's second season of "Dancing with the Stars." During the competition, he even credited his pregnant wife with "helping me with my posture, my feet," per People Magazine.

As for his post-victory plans, Lachey was already looking forward to some quality hoofing time with his sure-to-be daddy's girl. "In a couple of years my daughter will be cutting a rug around me," he said at the time. "I'll hold her hands, and she'll be dancing on my feet. I'm looking forward to that."

vert.lachey.ap.jpg

Cheryl Burke and Drew Lachey

Burke, meanwhile, said she expects her partner to be as proficient at fatherhood as on the dance floor. "He's going to be a great father," she told People. "He will not spoil his child, that's for sure. But he's so loving and he's going to love his baby like no other."

While Lachey is priming up for a major bout of diaper duty, he will get a temporary, and likely welcome, reprieve next month. The new papa has just been named as co-host of the Miss USA 2006 Pageant on April 21 alongside "Access Hollywood's" Nancy O'Dell. The event airs live on NBC from Baltimore, Maryland.

logo_insider.jpg

Engagement News

'Biggest Losers' Matt and Suzy Gain Love 'Today'

mhoover.jpg

Matt Hoover and Suzy Preston

They signed up to lose the pounds. But ended up finding love. And now, they hope it will last a lifetime. "Biggest Loser" lovebirds Matt Hoover and Suzy Preston are now engaged. Matt popped the question to Suzy on NBC's "Today" morning show on Tuesday, March 28.

"Suzy has no idea our relationship is about to get a little closer, I hope," Matt said in front of the "Today" show audience, and millions watching on TV, as an unsuspecting Suzy looked on.

"I have gone through a lot of changes in the last year. You've seen me at my worst and you've seen me change into a man that you love," Matt said, as he dropped to one knee on national television. "Suzy, I want to keep changing and I want you to be by my side."

matt_suzy.jpg

He then opened up the ring case, showing Suzy the bling. "I've had this made for you and if you'd like to have that, I'd like to give it to you and ask you to be my wife," he said. After a short pause, a big smile crossed Suzy's face and she happily said "Yes" as she bounced around in excitement before Matt put the ring on her finger.

Congratulations quickly came from the "Today" hosts and Al Roker asked the new bride-to-be if she had any idea the proposal was coming. "No," she beamed. "I'm shaking," Matt said afterwards.

"Today" show host Lester Holt joked that he was worried for a moment when Suzy paused before giving her answer. "I've never been asked before," she laughed. "I wasn't sure when I was supposed to say it." Holt joked, "Usually pretty quickly."

%7Boption%7D

"I didn't know if she was going to say yes or not," Matt smiled. Matt thinks their shared experiences as finalists on "Loser" (he won the $250,000 grand prize; she took home $25,000 as second runner-up) gives their romance a unique foundation.

"We have a lot in common. Going through something like we went through is life-changing. We are not the same people we were before all this and we are both at a point in our lives where we know what it's like to be fat and miserable - and what it's like to be happy and healthy," Matt said.

The happy couple recently tried their hand at acting, with a cameo on the daytime soap "Passions."

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

'Entourage' Grows with Wahlberg's New Addition

durham_wahlberg.jpg

Rhea Durham and Mark Wahlberg

Actor/singer Mark Wahlberg and his longtime model girlfriend, Rhea Durham, have welcomed their second child, a baby boy, Durham's publicist said. Durham gave birth in a Los Angeles hospital on Tuesday, March 21, Durham's manager Liz Dagostino said. (birth details not officially confirmed)

"Rhea's very happy," said Dagostino, who did not provide further details. Wahlberg and Durham also have a 2-year-old daughter, Ella Rae. Although there are several varying birth announcements, the bouncing baby boy's name is reportedly Michael.

Wahlberg, 34, co-stars alongside Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon in Martin Scorsese's upcoming film, "The Departed." His other films include "The Italian Job" and "Four Brothers." Wahlberg is also the producer of the HBO comedy, "Entourage," which is loosely based on his own life.

• 2 weeks later...

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

No Doubt Adds 'Ace' To Band

by Marisa Laudadio

tdumont.jpg

Mieke and Tom Dumont

There is No Doubt that the popular group keeps expanding their numbers. As lead singer, Gwen Stefani celebrated her pending motherhood with a baby shower this past weekend, fellow No Doubt guitarist, Tom Dumont and his wife, Mieke, welcomed their son, People has learned exclusively.

"Tom and Mieke Dumont became first-time parents on Thursday, April 6, as Mieke gave birth to their son, Ace Dumont," Dave Tomberlin, No Doubt's representative reported to People magazine. "The couple is happy, excited and having a blast with their new little one."

The pair, who met at an MTV party in 2001, hit it off right away Dumont, 38, according to the magazine. "I know a good thing when I see it," he said of Mieke. When the couple married in October 2004, the bride wore a gown designed by No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani.

Soon Dumont won't be the only band member with a newborn. Fashion icon and musician Stefani is expecting her first child with husband, Gavin Rossdale this June.

people55x23.jpg

Wedding News

Wedding Fiesta for Ali Landry in Mexico

by Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna

alandry.jpg

Newlyweds Alejandro Monteverde and Ali Landry

Actress Ali Landry married film director Alejandro Gomez Monteverde on Saturday, April 8 in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, her representative confirmed exclusively to People magazine. This is the second trip down the aisle for Landry, after a brief marriage to "Saved by the Bell" star Mario Lopez.

Landry, 32, wore a strapless, ivory Monique Lhuillier drop-waist wedding gown with a sweetheart neckline and full ball gown skirt. The dress was made of hand-sewn layers of organza, tulle and chiffon. In keeping with the Mexican setting, Landry wore a paprika feathered bolero after the ceremony.

"He is so beyond amazing," the "Eve" actress recently told Dolan Media Newswires of Monteverde. "When you dream of 'the guy' as a child, reading your fairy tales and thinking of Prince Charming, you think of all the things you want in a man. And he's everything I thought was possible."

"He's creative, passionate and would love to help change the world," added. "I respect him so much." Landry and Monteverde, who reportedly met at Bible study last year, got engaged over Memorial Day weekend in 2005. Landry will appear in the 2006 film, "Bella," which Monteverde wrote, produced and directed.

Landry's first wedding to Mario Lopez was on April 24, 2004. The couple split in June after seven weeks of marriage. "I thought I had my life figured out and all of a sudden, the rug was ripped out from under me," Landry said of the breakup. "I feel blessed that God has given me a second chance at my life."

people55x23.jpg

Wedding News

Campbell Brown Merges Networks By Marriage

by Stephen M. Silverman

cbrown.jpg

Campbell Brown and Dan Senor

"Weekend Today" co-anchor Campbell Brown and Dan Senor, a Fox News analyst, were married on Sunday, April 2 in Beaver Creek, Colorado. The bride wore a Vera Wang gown at the afternoon ceremony, which took place at the Beaver Creek Chapel. After the "I do's," guests headed to Beaver Creek Mountain for a reception at the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch resort.

Brown, 37, and Senor, 34, were first reported to be dating in October 2004 and got engaged last November. Senor, a Republican strategist as well as a Fox News contributor, previously worked in Iraq as a spokesperson for and senior advisor to U.S. Ambassador Paul Bremer.

Brown is also a correspondent for "NBC Nightly News" with Brian Williams and the "Today Show." Brown, who often fills in for "Today's" Katie Couric, was considered one of the top contenders to replace Couric when she jumps to "CBS Evening News" before "The View's" Meredith Vieira was named as Matt Lauer's co-host last week.

people55x23.jpg

Pregnancy and Engagement News

First Comes Love for Gyllenhaal

sarsgaard_gyllenhaal.jpg

Peter Sarsgaard and Maggie Gyllenhaal

You know the old childhood saying . . . first comes love, next comes marriage then comes the couple with a baby carriage. Good news apparently comes in twos for actors Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard. Not only is the indie movie queen expecting her first child with longtime beau Peter Sarsgaard, but they are also engaged.

According to reports by People magazine, It'll be the first marriage for both actors. Let's just hope they don't go for a hyphenated last name. For spell check's sake. No further details are known; there was no immediate comment Tuesday from either actor's representative.

The twosome has been together for an impressive-by-Hollywood-standards four years after meeting on the set of Steven Soderbergh's 2003 low-budget and never-released drama, "In God's Hands." Though clearly the experience wasn't a total bust. Since then, they have kept a relatively low public profile, even as their respective film careers have increasingly put them in the spotlight.

Gyllenhaal, 28, has more than 20 films to her credit. She broke through to the big leagues in 2002's S&M-themed drama "Secretary," for which she received a Golden Globe. She has since starred in "Mona Lisa Smile," "Adaptation" and "Happy Endings," and has been lauded in the press as an avant-garde fashionista.

sars_gyl.jpg

Peter Sarsgaard and Maggie Gyllenhaal

For his part, Sarsgaard, 35, has appeared in more than 25 films, most recently "Flightplan," "Garden State," "Kinsey" and "Jarhead," which he starred opposite future brother-in-law Jake Gyllenhaal. Sarsgaard earned a Golden Globe nomination for his turn in 2003's "Shattered Glass."

While this has been Gyllenhaal's first public romance, Sarsgaard was previously linked with model Shalom Harlow. If a wedding to plan and a nursery to get in order wasn't enough, Gyllenhaal and Sarsgaard have plenty to keep them busy in the coming months.

Gyllenhaal has several films awaiting release, including the French romance "Paris, Je T'aime", set to premiere at Cannes next month, as well as the all-star comedy, "Stranger Than Fiction", with Will Ferrell, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah and Emma Thompson, due in November.

Gyllenhaal also hits screens in the Oliver Stone upcoming 9-11 drama, "World Trade Center," in August. Sarsgaard, meanwhile, is of to London later this month to film "Small Tragedy," about the behind-the-scenes shenanigans during a production of "Oedipus Rex."

She was born in a little town about 8 miles from where I live. She certainly has come a long way since she left Louisiana...

Ferriday is a town located in Concordia Parish, Louisiana. As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 3,723.

Ferriday is the site of the Delta Music Museum and the birthplace of three piano-playing cousins, rock and roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis, country music star Mickey Gilley and evangelist Jimmy Lee Swaggart, as well as Lewis's piano-playing sister, Linda Gail Lewis. Other Ferriday natives include journalist Howard K. Smith, Hollywood hostess Ann Boyar Warner (Mrs. Jack Warner), trombonist Peewee Whittaker, General Claire Chennault of Flying Tigers fame and NBC Washington correspondent Campbell Brown, co-host of Weekend Today, and a daughter of former Louisiana secretary of state and insurance commissioner James H. Brown.

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

New Lifeguard for Gena Lee Nolin

glnolin.jpg

Cale Hulse and Gena Lee Nolin

Gena Lee Nolin, who starred as Neely Capshaw on "Baywatch," and her hockey player husband, Cale Hulse, have welcomed a son, Hudson Lee Hulse, People has learned exclusively. The actress delivered her 8 lbs. 6 oz. son on Saturday, April 15 in Scottsdale, Arizona. "Mother and baby are doing well and resting comfortably," says Nolin's rep, Jerry Shandrew.

Nolin, 34, already has an 8-year-old son, Spencer, from her first marriage to video producer Greg Fahlman. The actress, who also appeared on the TV series, "Sheena," and Hulse have been married since September 3, 2004, after having met on a blind date set up by a pal of Nolin's.

At the time, the single mom told People that she was "fine being alone" and didn't care to "waste" time on a dinner date

people55x23.jpg

Adoption News

Ewan McGregor Adopts Mongolian Child

by Stephen M. Silverman with Pete Norman

emcgregor.jpg

Ewan McGregor and Eve Mavrakis

Ewan McGregor has a new addition to his family: a 4-year-old girl from Mongolia. "I can confirm Ewan McGregor and his wife, Eve Mavrakis have adopted the girl but cannot comment further," a rep for the Scottish-born actor tells People. McGregor, 35, and Mavrakis, 39, have two biological daughters: Clara, 10, and Esther, 4.

The couple, who met on the set of the British TV crime series, "Kavanagh QC," have been married since 1995. Mavrakis, a production designer, most recently worked on the British movie, "Imagine Me & You." Born in France and raised in China, she served as production interpreter on the Chinese set of Steven Spielberg's 1987 movie, "Empire of the Sun."

In 2004, McGregor and best friend, Charley Boorman spent three months on a globe-spanning 20,000-mile motorcycle odyssey for the Bravo TV series, "Long Way Round." Mongolia was one of the stops on their journey.

Before the trek, McGregor told reporters that his wife and daughters "understand and are fully behind us, (though) I think if the whole thing was called off tomorrow they would probably be delighted."

people55x23.jpg

Pregnancy News

Double Blessing for Melissa Etheridge

by Stephen M. Silverman

melissatammy040.jpg

Tammy Lynn Michaels and Melissa Etheridge

Melissa Etheridge and partner Tammy Lynn Michaels are sharing some major family news with their fans. "We are thrilled to announce that Tammy is pregnant, and expecting our twins sometime around this fall," the singer and the actress say in a joint statement on Etheridge's official Web site.

"To answer the obvious question: We used an anonymous donor from a bank," the statement continues. Etheridge, 44, and Michaels, 31, who has acted on TV's "Popular" and "The L Word," married in Malibu in September 2003. Etheridge already had two children from a previous relationship with Julie Cypher: daughter Bailey Jean, born in 1997, and son Beckett, born in 1998.

The couple makes reference to the children in the Web statement: "These are our first two babies conceived together, but not our first time mothering together," says the posting. "For the past five years, we have been parenting two children from a previous time in Melissa's life. The twins will be a joyful addition to our loving home."

melissatammy041.jpg

Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Michaels

The message concludes by saying, "We are a blessed family, and ask that no gifts be sent. Any gifts we receive we will donate to a local women's shelter. However, well wishes are more than welcome!"

Bailey Jean and Beckett were conceived via artificial insemination courtesy of friend and rock legend David Crosby. But last August Etheridge said that, while she and Michaels were planning to have a child together, this time the donor would not be Crosby. "Been there, done that," she told TV's "Extra."

etheridge_grammy.jpg

Melissa Etheridge on stage at the Grammys

Etheridge was diagnosed with breast cancer in October 2004 and underwent chemotherapy. She made her post-chemo stage debut at last year's Grammys, where she stopped the show with her rendition of Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" and her bald head, a result of her treatment.

Etheridge credited Michaels as being instrumental in her battle against cancer. "When it was over, I came home to a bouquet that said 'In sickness and in health,' and she means it," the singer told Extra in an interview. "And the love and support of someone like that is worth all the money in the world."

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

'Pretty Baby' for Brooke Shields

bshields2.jpg

Brooke Shields with her daughter, Rowan

and husband Chris Henchy

Brooke Shields gave birth to her second child, a daughter named Grier Hammond Henchy, on Tuesday, April 18, at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California according to her rep. The baby weighed in at 7 lbs. and measured 20 inches. Shields, 40, and husband Chris Henchy, 42, who wed in 2001, also have a daughter, Rowan, who will be 3 next month.

Just last month, the couple celebrated the impending birth of their second child at a Moroccan-themed baby shower hosted by actor Steven Weber and his wife, Juliette Hohnen, at their Los Angeles home. "Brooke was simply glowing all evening," her friend, event planner Jo Gartin, who organized the fete, told People.

Of her second go-around as an expectant mom, Shields said, "This pregnancy has been a lot easier." The actress suffered from postpartum depression after the birth of her first child. She wrote a book on the subject, "Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression."

ESES0407_BrookePreg_N.jpg

A very pregnant Brooke Shields on a stroll with

her husband, Chris Henchy

Shields has spoken out about her use of antidepressants and appeared last year as an advocate of a particular pharmaceutical company that had been instrumental in helping her get through her crisis. She was famously criticized by Tom Cruise, who as a Scientologist opposes psychiatry and prescription medication to battle depression.

This time Shields, who had trouble getting pregnant the first time, did not need the IVF treatments required to conceive Rowan. "And nothing is going to shock me anymore. I am more prepared," she explained. Though, she admits, not everyone is ready for the new addition.

"I said to Rowan, 'The baby is going to live in our house.' There was a long pause, then she looked at me and said, 'She is going to live in my house?'" Shields said with a laugh. "But she's been helping me decorate the room. It's been sweet. I'm glad she'll have a sibling."

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

Cruise's Little 'Mission Impossible'

by Sandy Cohen

tomkat_bw.jpg

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

LOS ANGELES, California - The Tomkitten has arrived. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed TomKat by the media, had a baby girl Tuesday, April 18, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson. The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She arrived at 3 a.m. at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California.

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," Robinson said in a prepared statement. The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said. The baby was born in Los Angeles but the exact location was not disclosed.

cruise_holmes_baby.jpg

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

It's the first child for Holmes, 27. Cruise, 43, has two adopted children from his second marriage to actress Nicole Kidman. Daughter Isabella Jane was adopted on December 22, 1992 and son Connor Anthony on January 17, 1995. Kidman is currently romantically involved with Country Recording Artist and fellow Aussie Keith Urban.

Details surrounding the birth, which was planned under the tenets of the Church of Scientology as a silent procedure, weren't disclosed. Outside the Beverly Hills home where Cruise and Holmes live, about a dozen reporters and photographers stood by. Security officers inside the compound videotaped the journalists.

Katie_Holmes_Tom_Cr.jpg

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

A security guard at the gate

I agree scuba. Childbirth with no drugs or yelling at the other half..... No way!

Considering Brooke and Tom have some history when it comes to the subject of children and post-partum. It

The irony continues in the two births. They were actually born in the same hospital and only a few doors down from one another. The only differences are their parents, exact time of birth and a few little ounces of birth weight. Here are their stats side by side:

Grier Shields..............Suri Cruise

Girl.............................Girl

April 18, 2006...........April 18, 2006

7 lbs............................7 lbs 7 oz

20 inches....................20 inches

St. John's Hospital......St. John's Hospital

Santa Monica...............Santa Monica

There's one other possible similarity. It was reported by the hospital that Holmes did have an epidural. No word from the Shields camp on her birthing process but wouldn't that be ironic if Shields went without one?

Lance Bass & Reichen?

"Lance Bass from *NSYNC has reportedly been spotted a couple of times with alleged new love interest 'Amazing Race' winner Reichen Lehmkuhl. According to DataLounge.com, members Lance was seen cuddling with Reichen on an Alaska Airlines flight to Cabo San Lucas. Few days later a fan saw him partying with Reichen at On the Rocks club in Nashville. Lehmkuhl, who is a Gay Rights Advocate, responded to the rumors on his official message board (which he has since removed). While not denying a relationship with Bass, he writes: "As for the rumors about me and Lance, please continue to remind people that things that I do not discuss anymore, such as the private and personal relationships that I have, are just that--private--unless I choose to open up with details to my family and close friends for reasons of support and love." PerezHilton.com is also reporting the coupling. "

wonder if they will travel to the 'MOON' together?...HA

us_weekly_logo.jpg

Pregnancy News

'Oops! She Did It Again'

britneypreston.jpg

Britney Spears and Sean Preston at poolside

Us Weekly is reporting that pop star Britney Spears is--as has been rumored for weeks--indeed pregnant again. Spears, 24, couldn't hide her pregnancy any longer when she showed up poolside at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas this weekend, sporting a red bikini and a serious baby bump.

The singer is expecting her second child with husband Kevin Federline, 28, sources have confirmed to Us Weekly. The singer was spotted poolside this weekend in Las Vegas--where her husband was performing at a record release party for his debut solo album, "Playing With Fire"

The couple have been married since September 2004 and have a seven-month-old son, Sean Preston. Federline has a daughter, Kori, 3, and a 21-month-old son, Caleb, from his previous relationship with Shar Jackson. The magazine reports that the second Spederline spawn is due in late September/early October--almost exactly one year after the birth of the couple's son.

Update

"A source close to the family" has confirmed exclusively to "Access Hollywood" that Britney Spears is five months pregnant. Just 7 months ago, Britney and Kevin welcomed young Sean Preston into the world. Now, it appears the couple is ready to welcome their second child.

people55x23.jpg

Wedding News

Rascal Flatts Guitarist Says 'Yes I Do'

joe_rooney.jpg

Tiffany Fallon and Joe Don Rooney

Rascal Flatts guitarist Joe Don Rooney wed Playboy's 2005 Playmate of the Year, Tiffany Fallon, over the weekend, People reports. Rooney, 30, and Fallon, 32, were married in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico on Sunday, April 23. The band performed at the reception.

Rooney proposed to Fallon in June during a four-hour sunset yacht cruise on a Mexican vacation, the Associated Press reported at the time. Rooney had picked the 35-foot yacht, the oceanfront resort at Cabo San Lucas and the engagement ring (which he helped design) several months earlier.

He told the Tennessean newspaper that he dropped to one knee and said, "This is a very historical place in the world, perfect for a historical moment in our lives," and proposed. Fallon's response was, of course, "yes."

Baby News

Shaq and Kobe Vie on Court and Nursery

vanessa_kobe.jpg

Vanessa and Kobe Bryant

And you thought Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal only competed on the basketball court. This morning, it was a sprint to the nursery. Just like old times, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal are celebrating. The former Lakers teammates became fathers again Monday, May 1, when their wives gave birth to daughters only six minutes apart.

Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant was born at 2:03 a.m. PDT in Orange County, California. Kobe and Vanessa Bryant are already parents to 3-year-old Natalia. "The arrival of our new daughter Gianna early this morning is such an incredible blessing for me and my family," Bryant said in a statement. "We are all full of beautiful emotions after such an incredible day."

Shaquille and Shaunie O'Neal became parents for the sixth time when Mearah Sanaa O'Neal was born at 4:57 a.m. EDT in a South Florida hospital. It's the third girl for the O'Neals, with Mearah joining sisters Taahirah and Amirah and brothers Myles, Shareef and Shaqir, who turned three last month.

shaq_Shaunie.jpg

Shaquille and Shaunie O'Neal

Both mothers and their new babies were said to be doing well. Fatherhood helped O'Neal and Bryant end the feud that led to the breakup of their pairing with the Lakers. When the Miami Heat played at Los Angeles in January, O'Neal congratulated Bryant on the birth of his daughter and the impending birth of the second one.

Bryant and O'Neal are both in the playoffs. Bryant's winning shot in overtime Sunday gave the Lakers a 99-98 victory over the Phoenix Suns and a 3-1 lead in their series. The Heat and Chicago Bulls are tied at two games apiece in their series. Bryant didn't attend practice Monday or travel with his teammates to Phoenix for Game 5, to be played Tuesday night.

"I told him not to worry about that, to come when he can and get the rest he needs," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "Hopefully he'll get there tonight, or if not, shootaround tomorrow. There's a huge emotional feeling about having a child that's just beyond belief. We're happy for him. The timing's right, he'll have some rest, but I'm sure it's not easy to sleep after all those things happen."

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Baby News

Don Johnson's New Sonny Sequel

johnsons.jpg

Kelly and Don Johnson

Traditional couples celebrate their seventh anniversary with gifts of copper and wool. Don Johnson and wife Kelly opted to ring in their seventh anniversary in a much more modern way: With a new baby. "Miami Vice's" erstwhile Sonny Crockett welcomed his own sonny in Los Angeles on the morning of Saturday, April 28.

The bouncing baby boy made a timely appearance on the seventh anniversary of the Johnson's vow swap. The yet-to-be named child is the couple's third and Johnson's fifth offspring overall. According to Johnson's spokesman Elliot Mintz, the tyke was born at a Los Angeles hospital.

The new arrival tipped the scales at 7 pounds even while measuring up at a 21 inches. Both mother and baby are said to be doing well, but the proud papa was a bit more effusive with his state of being. Mintz reports the actor was "over the moon times six" with the birth of his newest offspring.

The Johnsons already have a six-year-old daughter, Grace, and a son, Jasper, who is almost four. The former Nash Bridges star also has two children from two prior marriages: 23-year-old son Jesse, whom he had with actress Patti D'Arbanville; and 16-year-old Dakota, his daughter with ex-wife Melanie Griffith.

don_Johnson.jpg

Kelly and Don Johnson

It's been a banner week for Johnson, who up until recently has been in the headlines for his share--well, more than their share--of financial woes.

The 56-year-old pastel-donning patriarch shelled out $14.5 million last week to ensure his newly expanded brood had a home. Johnson scraped together the pocket change to settle a delinquent debt and save his Aspen, Colorado, ranch from foreclosure.

The financial problems were nothing new for Johnson, who previously averted foreclosure in 2004 by forking over nearly $930,000 to a Los Angeles bank. The same year, he was sued by an Aspen grocery store for failing to make good on a $5,740 IOU.

But Johnson's not out of the legal woods just yet. He's still facing a lawsuit filed last year after he allegedly backed out of a deal to put his Aspen estate up for auction. The auction house, Sheldon Good & Co., claims it had spent upwards of $100,000 in preliminary marketing and is seeking a full reimbursement.

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

New 'Idol' for Matthew Rogers

matt_rogers.jpg

Matthew Rogers

"American Idol" season three finalist Matthew Rogers and his wife, Teri, welcomed their first child, a son. Brayden Douglas Rogers was born on Sunday, April 16. He weighed 8 lbs. and was 21 inches long.

Rogers and Teri Himes, a mortgage processor, were married in February 2005 in Huntington Beach, California. Among the 300 guests was 2004 'Idol' runner-up Diana DeGarmo, who sang Shania Twain's "From This Moment On" as the bride walked down the aisle.

Rogers, a former mortgage banker and University of Washington football player, was the second of the 12 finalists to be voted off 'Idol's' third season. After his ouster, he worked as offensive line coach at Mission Viejo High School in California.

The husky crooner and aspiring actor told The Seattle Times in September that he'd gotten his weight down to about 260 lbs. "It's because of Hollywood," he joked. He now co-hosts "American Idol Extra," which airs on Thursdays on the Fox Reality cable network.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name