Hatched and Matched

Jem

"Clueless" Silverstone Weds

By Marcus Errico

Miss Match is now a missus. Alicia Silverstone married her rocker boyfriend, Christopher Jarecki, Saturday in Lake Tahoe, publicist Elizabeth Much confirmed Monday.

It's the first marriage for both the Clueless star and Jarecki, who fronts the California punk band S.T.U.N. The twosome have been dating for eight years.

According to People, 135 friends and family members gathered at a private estate on the shore of Lake Tahoe to watch the couple swap vows in their bare feet.

Jarecki, who professes to not knowing his real age (his parents differ on his birthdate, but he says he's thirtysomething), goes by the nom du rock of Christiane J. His band S.T.U.N., short for Scream Toward the Uprising of Non-Conformity, released its major label debut, Evolution of Energy, in 2003.

A decade ago, Silverstone, 28, was Hollywood's "It" girl, coming off the teen thriller The Crush, a troika of Aerosmith videos ("Cryin'," "Amazing" and "Crazy") and her star-making turn as Cher in Clueless. She dated Adam Sandler; she inked a multimillion-dollar production deal with Columbia.

But the deal soon engendered serious backlash, and her career hit the skids after back-to-back high-profile bombs, Excess Baggage, Batman and Robin. By 1997, she was considered a 21-year-old has-been. "I slowed my career down myself," she told a reporter in 2003. "Between 1993 and 1997, I made eight movies. By the time I was 21, I wanted to take a step back. I wanted some time for myself--to buy a house, go to the beach, take yoga lessons and just hang out."

After hanging out for a while, Silverstone began working on her second act. She made the low-budget Shakespearean musical Love's Labour's Lost in 2000, produced and gave voice to the TV 'toon Braceface (2001-03) and made her Broadway debut as Elaine Robinson in the stage production of The Graduate.

She appeared in the sequel Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, starred in the 2003 NBC comedy series Miss Match, which didn't quite last a season, and most recently costarred in Beauty Shop. Her latest film, the romantic thriller Silence Becomes You, should hit theaters later this year.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "Melrose Place" Baby

By Marcus Errico

Time for former Melrose Place denizens Laura Leighton and Doug Savant to make room for a new arrival.

Leighton, 37, and Savant, who turns 41 next week, who played the scheming Sydney and gay neighbor Matt on the partner-swapping 1990s zeitgeist series, welcomed a baby girl last Thursday, said publicist Greg Longstreet.

Lucy Jane Leighton Savant made her big debut in Santa Monica, weighing in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

As for her parents, theirs is one Melrose hookup with staying power. The couple met on the set of the Fox nighttime soap and married in 1998. They have a 4-year-old son, Jack, and Savant has two daughters, Arianna and Madeline, from a previous marriage.

Leighton will have more time for diaper duty now that ABC failed to reup her private investigator series Eyes, in which she starred opposite Tim Daly.

Savant, on the other hand, will be back at work in a few weeks as production ramps up on the second season of ABC's Desperate Housewives, on which he appears as Felicity Huffman's hubby.

Singer Martina McBride Has Baby Girl

mcbridemartina1550505146xt.jpg

(AP) - Country singer Martina McBride and her husband, John, have a new addition to the family. Ava Rose Kathleen McBride was born at 2:25 p.m. Monday, weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces, according to McBride's publicist, Kathy Best. Both Ava and the 38-year-old McBride were doing well, according to the singer's Web site.

The McBrides have two other children, daughters Delaney, 10, and Emma, 7.

McBride's hits include "My Baby Loves Me,""Concrete Angel,""Independence Day,""In My Daughter's Eyes," and "This One's For the Girls."

Harmon, Sehorn Welcome Birth of 2nd Girl 15_5_2v.gif

ap120a.gif

ah0yj.jpg

LOS ANGELES - It's another girl for former "Law & Order" star Angie Harmon and her football player husband Jason Sehorn.

The 32-year-old actress gave birth Wednesday to Avery Grace Sehorn in her hometown of Dallas, publicist Troy Nankin said.

This is the second child for Harmon and Sehorn, 34, a one-time cornerback for the New York Giants. They already have a 20-month-old daughter, Finley Faith.

Harmon and her family plan to spend the rest of the summer in Dallas before returning to Los Angeles in the fall, Nankin said. No other details were released.

Harmon will next be seen onscreen with Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni in December's "Fun with Dick and Jane," a remake of the 1977 comedy.

A "Six Feet" Baby 15_5_2v.gif

By Gina Serpe

capt.52b318a1c93ea3877f96f008812fb722.jp

Rachel Griffiths has a Banjo on her knee and a new babe in her arms.

The Six Feet Under star gave birth Thursday to a daughter, her second child with artist husband Andrew Taylor. Griffiths, 36, and her eight-pound bundle of joy are both doing fine, her publicist confirmed Friday.

The Australian actress and her family are "extremely happy" and plan on announcing the baby's name next week.

If history is any indication, the parental units are bound be creative with the moniker: They named their firstborn Banjo Patrick. (The couple attribute the unusual name for their son to Australian poet Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson.) Banjo was born Nov. 22, 2003.

Griffiths and Taylor tied the knot in a moonlit ceremony on New Year's Eve in 2002 in their hometown of Melbourne. The longtime friends shared the night with fellow Aussie actor types Guy Pearce, Heath Ledger, Naomi Watts and Toni Collette.

The Golden Globe-winning actress plays sexaholic Brenda Chenowith on HBO's dysfunctional funeral house hit, which began its fifth and final season earlier this month.

Dutch Princess Maxima Gives Birth to Girl Sun Jun 26 15_5_2v.gif

ap120a.gif

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Princess Maxima, the wife of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, gave birth Sunday to a healthy baby daughter, the Royal House said in a statement.

The new princess, whose name has not yet been chosen, becomes third in line to Queen Beatrix's throne after her father and her sister, Princess Catharina-Amalia, who was born on Dec. 7, 2003.

Maxima was in good spirits and gave birth in less than six hours of her arrival at the Bronovo hospital. "I'm proud of my wife, who again did an excellent job," a beaming Willem-Alexander told reporters.

The newborn, which weighed 3.4 kilograms (7.69 pounds), was presented to the Dutch people on live television after an address by Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende.

Maxima, an Argentinean, has quickly become one of the most popular members of the Dutch royal house since she married Willem-Alexander in February 2002.

Lavigne Said Engaged to Sum 41 Frontman

ap120a.gif

LOS ANGELES - Canadian singer Avril Lavigne is reportedly marrying a fellow songsmith.

Us Weekly says the 20-year-old is engaged to marry Deryck Whibley, the frontman for the punk-pop group Sum 41.

Lavigne, 20, began dating the 25-year-old musician in early 2004. They had been friends for several years before that, the magazine said.

Whibley and Lavigne both hail from the same province in Canada

Melissa Joan Hart Conjuring Kid

By Sarah Hall

hart-melissa-joan-photo-melissa-joan-har

The Teenage Witch is all grown up and ready for motherhood.

Melissa Joan Hart, the former star of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, is expecting her first child with husband, Mark Wilkerson, People magazine reports.

Hart, 29, is reportedly three months pregnant. The baby is slated for a January arrival. "I'm thrilled to death," the actress' mother, Paula Hart, told People. "I'm so excited. Melissa is feeling great. So far, so good."

Hart and Wilkerson, a guitarist for the hard-rock band Course of Nature, met in 2002 at a Kentucky Derby party and hit it off immediately.

On Dec. 26, 2003, Wilkerson surprised the erstwhile Clarissa Explains It All star with a ring as the twosome exchanged Christmas presents. "And I told him to shut up," Hart recalled to E! News at the time. "That's the first thing I said, but I immediately said yes after the shut up. It was, 'Shut up! Yes!' "

The couple tied the knot six months later in Florence, Italy, in a wedding ceremony chronicled in the six-episode reality series Tying the Knot: The Wedding of Melissa Joan Hart.

Hart's seven-year run on Sabrina ended in 2003 when the WB pulled the plug on the show.

The actress has since appeared in the indie film, Jesus, Mary and Joey. She'll next be seen in the comedy Jack Satin, about a Vegas lounge singer who flees the scene in favor of Atlantic City. The movie is expected in theaters later this year.

Wilkerson and Change of Nature bandmates John Mildrum and Rickey Shelton released their debut album Superkala on Lava/Atlantic in 2002.

Us Weekly

Pink Gives Her 'Hart' To 'Race' To Altar

pink_hart.jpg

Pink and Carey Hart

Multiplatinum pop star and punk rocker Pink is about to race to the altar. The 25-year-old singer has reportedly dramatically proposed to her boyfriend of nearly four years, motocross racer Carey Hart, 29, during a race in Mammoth Lakes, California on Sunday, July 3. The on-again, off-again couple is officially engaged, according to the singer's management and Us Weekly, who confirmed the news.

This past weekend Pink, whose real name is Alecia Moore, took the initiative to make the relationship permanent. The proposal to the motocross star came during the Pro 250 class finals. According to eyewitnesses, while Hart was completing his third lap on the track, Pink wrote on a pit board in the pit area, "Will you marry me?" and held it up in front of the grandstands.

According to reports, Hart saw the sign but ignored it and continued the race. Then, as Hart continued another lap, Pink wrote on the board again, this time, "I'm serious!" At that point, Hart pulled off the track, letting his competitors pass him, embraced her, and answered "Yes."

mohawk2.jpg

Carey Hart and Pink

Pink and Hart met at the 2001 X Games in Las Vegas, Nevada. The couple dated for a few years before shooting a scene together in 2002 for "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle." They broke up for a while when she was promoting "Try This," her first album with love songs.

"['Love Song'] is definitely more about fear than the average 'I love you, I found you, I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life,'" she told MTV News while promoting that album. "It's more based on the fear that comes along with loving someone." Pink's last two albums "Missundaztood" and "Try This" have reached the top 10 on the albums chart while she has also scored 5 top 10 singles including "Get the Party Started" and "Just Like a Pill."

In 2002, Pink won a Grammy as part of the star studded quartet of Pink, Lil' Kim, Mya and Christina Aguilera. The foursome won in the best pop collaboration with vocals for their cover of LaBelle's "Lady Marmalade." The song's video was considered one of the sexiest videos and got major air play on music networks.

1280303.jpg

Pink and Carey Hart

Carey Hart is considered a freestyle motocross legend. He is the first to successfully complete a flip in competition even though it left him with compressed vertebrae and torn ligaments. Hart has been competing in motocross since the age of 6. Hart will appear on the fifth season of the reality show "The Surreal Life," which will premiere July 10.

No dates have been revealed yet for the wedding. Pink and Hart have a relationship that has been stormy at times. Earlier this year they split up briefly after a semi-public spat. Currently they divide their time between homes in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Tiffani Ties the Knot

By Sarah Hall

capt.588ac35296ac62fe55b81bc0cb396da2.jp

Tiffani Thiessen ditched the "Amber" a while ago. Now she's finally gotten rid of her singleton status.

The Beverly Hills 90210 bad girl tied the knot Saturday with actor-artist Brady Smith at a private estate in Montecito, California, E! has confirmed.

Thiessen, 31, walked down the aisle in a French lace and tulle number designed by Vera Wang, while Smith, 33, wore a snazzy suit by Kenneth Cole.

Friends and family looked on as the two swapped vows in a daytime garden ceremony that evolved into a night of dancing and feasting on French cuisine, according to People magazine.

The newlyweds reportedly boogied on the dance floor into the night before winding down with a champagne toast and retiring to Santa Barbara's Hotel Andalucia for their first night as husband and wife.

Thiessen, who used her given name of Tiffani-Amber up until a few years ago, is a former junior pageant queen who spent her teens starring as ditzy cheerleader Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell, before landing the role of Valerie Malone on 90210 in 1994.

After playing Val for four seasons, Thiessen scoring a leading role on the short-lived Fox adventure series Fastlane in 2002. Her film roles include a part in 1993's Son-in-Law and a role in Woody Allen's 2002 film, Hollywood Ending.

In the spring of 2003, the actress ended her engagement to actor Richard Ruccolo, who formerly starred on ABC's now defunct sitcom Two Guys and a Girl, on which Thiessen had a reccurring role. Before that she cohabitated with 90210 costar Brian Austin Green.

Smith's acting credits include appearances on ER, CSI: Miami, Judging Amy and Charmed. Most recently, he appeared in an episode of Lisa Kudrow's HBO series, The Comeback.

Tesfeye Berhu' date=' manager of the Wide Horizons agency, which arranged the adoption, said the exact cause of death of the baby's parents isn't clear, but he suspects they died of AIDS, which has killed more than 900,000 people in Ethiopia.[/color']

It is in People magazine that the little girl is a baby of AIDS

Sandra Bullock and Jesse James wed

SOLVANG, Calif. -- Actress Sandra Bullock married mechanic and reality TV star Jesse James at a ranch near Santa Barbara, according to reports.

Bullock, 40, and James, 35, exchanged vows Saturday in front of several hundred guests at the Folded Hills Ranch in Santa Ynez Valley's wine country.

Guests included actor William Shatner, actresses Jamie Lee Curtis and Regina King, and Metallica lead singer James Hetfield, according to "Entertainment Tonight" and Us Weekly magazine.

Many in Hollywood have been surprised at the pairing of the tattooed bad boy James and the on-screen good girl Bullock. They met in 2003.

It's the first marriage for "Miss Congeniality" star Bullock, who had been engaged to actor Tate Donovan. She recently played the wife of a district attorney in the film "Crash."

James, who previously married twice and has three children, appears on The Discovery Channel's "Monster Garage."

People

Baby News

Cindy Margolis

cmargolis2.jpg

Guy Starkman & Cindy Margolis

Model and former talk show host Cindy Margolis and her husband, Guy Starkman, welcomed twin daughters on July 17, People reports in its latest issue. The premature girls, Sabrina and Sierra, were born through a surrogate mother in Maplewood, Minnesota.

Sabrina and Sierra weighed just over 4 pounds each and will remain in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Margolis, 39, and Starkman, 34, chronicled their attempts to have a child through in vitro fertilization for a VH1 documentary series.

'American Idol's' Julia DeMato

julia-demato-inside.jpg

Julia DeMato

In other baby news, former "American Idol" contestant Julia DeMato, 26, and her fianc

E! Online

Muniz in the 'Middle' of Engagement

fmuniz2.jpg

Jamie and Frankie Muniz

Malcolm is moving into the middle of the matrimonial zone. Frankie Muniz, 19, has popped the question to his girlfriend, Jamie, whom he met in New Orleans this spring while shooting the horror movie, "Stay Alive." The actor's publicist, Cara Tripicchio, declined to give out Jamie's age or last name, but said that she is a New Orleans native and is not an actress. No wedding date has been set.

Muniz is best known for playing precocious teen Malcolm on Fox's long-running comedy, "Malcolm in the Middle," which enters its seventh season this fall. Jane Kaczmarek and Bryan Cranston star as the long-suffering parents to Malcolm and his three brothers.

codybanks.jpg

Frankie Muniz in 'Agent Cody Banks Part Two'

Muniz's film credits include "Agent Cody Banks," Parts One and Two, as well as this year's "Racing Stripes," in which he provides the voice of a seemingly delusional zebra that believes it's a race horse. Muniz's upcoming film, "Stay Alive," is slated for a spring 2006 release. Samaire Armstrong ("The O.C." and "Entourage"), Sophia Bush ("One Tree Hill") and Jon Foster ("The Door in the Floor") costar in the thriller, which unfolds around a group of teens playing an online videogame who realize that when their characters die, so do they.

"Doing this movie was probably my favorite experience I've ever had filming anything," Muniz told MTV.com. "The entire cast was so close and every night we'd go out to dinner and just have a good time." Apparently, Muniz found time to get close to someone besides his fellow cast members while in the Big Easy . . . and landed himself a fiancee as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

People

Baby News

Christine Taylor and Ben Stiller

taylor_stiller.jpg

Christine Taylor and Ben Stiller

The ever prolific Ben Stiller just put the wraps on another sequel but this time it's personal. Funnyman Stiller and his wife, actress Christine Taylor, are celebrating after the birth of their baby boy three weeks ago. Quinlin Dempsey Stiller was born on July 10 in Los Angeles, weighing in at 8 pounds, 2 ounces.

The low-key couple also have a three-year-old daughter, Ella. Of their first child, Taylor told People last year that the acting gene seems to run in the family. "It's not even funny how much (Ella) is like Ben," Taylor said. "She's definitely a ham." The gene pool is pretty deep with Ella's grandparents. Ben Stiller is the son of actress Anne Meara and "Seinfeld" star Jerry Stiller.

Taylor, 34, and Stiller, 39, tied the knot in May, 2000 and have been inseparable ever since, including costarring in 2001's "Zoolander" and 2004's "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story."

People

Wedding News

Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Marries Senator

by Jenny Sundel

slralph.jpg

Senator Vincent Hughes and

Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph

In true diva fashion, actress Sheryl Lee Ralph showed up nearly two-and-a-half hours late to her own wedding to Pennsylvania Senator Vincent Hughes at the First African Methodist Episcopal Church in Los Angeles on Saturday, July 30, People reports.

The former Moesha star, 49, wore an off-the-shoulder champagne-colored silk charmeuse Tadashi gown with Swarovski crystal straps and a seven-foot train, topped by a light gold silk peu de soire brocaded coat. Completing her princess look: a $16,000 Mikimoto pearl-and-diamond tiara fastened to her updo.

Preceded by her 10 bridesmaids

E! Online

'Baby News'

Holly Hunter and Gordon MacDonald

macdonald_hunter175.jpg

Expectant Parents: Gordon

MacDonald & Holly Hunter

Better late than never for Holly Hunter. The 47-year-old Oscar winner is expecting twins with her longtime boyfriend, British actor Gordon MacDonald. The winsome twosome will turn first-time parents when the new babes arrive this winter, her representative, Nicole Caruso confirms to E!

No word if the couple plans to wed prior to the stork's double delivery. A source close to the couple tells Us Weekly that the duo is thrilled about the new additions. "Holly is taking time off from acting to just focus on the pregnancy," the mag's source claims. Hunter is estimated to be nearly four months along.

Hunter and MacDonald met in 2004, when the twosome costarred as lovers in London's West End production, "By the Bog of Cats." The Georgia-born actress is an Oscar nominee several times over for her work in "Broadcast News," "The Firm" and, more recently, "Thirteen." She nabbed Best Actress honors for her portrayal of a woman who refuses to speak in 1993's "The Piano."

In addition to her upcoming diaper duty, Hunter has a full slate ahead on the professional front, with two films in the works. She's currently in production on the dramatic thriller, "Downloading Nancy," opposite William Hurt and Stellan Skarsg

E! Online

Baby News

Michelle Branch and Teddy Landau

Branch.jpg

Michelle Branch

Michelle Branch's family tree has a new twig. The "Everywhere" singer and her husband, Teddy Landau, welcomed their first child together, a daughter they named Owen, this week in Los Angeles, People magazine reported. The baby weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds, 12 ounces. Both she and her mother were said to be doing well.

Branch, 22, and Landau, who's believed to be 41, swapped vows in spring 2004. They announced they were expecting their first offspring in February. The twosome met on tour when Landau joined Branch's band as a bass player in 2003.

Branch, who has made a habit of reaching major milestones at a more tender age than most, started playing guitar at age 14 and was signed to Madonna's former label, Maverick Records, in 2000 at age 16. In August 2001, the talented teen released her successful debut album, "The Spirit Room" and established herself as a slightly more tortured soul than her pop counterparts.

2001-09-13-inside-michelle-branch.jpg

Michelle Branch

Her second album, 2003's "Hotel Paper," was panned by critics, but went platinum nonetheless. That same year, she nabbed a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration for her vocal contribution to Santana's "Game of Love" off the band's 2002 album, Shaman.

Of late, Branch has been collaborating with country singing pal Jessica Harp on a musical side project. The duo, who call themselves the Wreckers, have a song on the "One Tree Hill" soundtrack and toured this spring with other acts featured on the soundtrack, including Tyler Hilton, who stars on the show.

According to their Website, thewreckers.com, Branch and Harp expect to release their debut album, "Stand Still, Look Pretty," on Maverick sometime in the near future. In the meantime, Branch will likely be taking some time to just breathe and get used to being a mom.

• 2 weeks later...

ET Online.com

Not So 'Desperate Housewives' Cross Engaged

crossmahoney.jpg

Tom Mahoney and Marcia Cross

ET has confirmed the nuptial news that "Desperate Housewives" star Marcia Cross is getting married! A spokesperson for Cross revealed the actress and her boyfriend, 47-year-old wealth manager Tom Mahoney got engaged over the weekend.

Marcia, 43, accepted the proposal from Mahoney, whom she has been seeing since January of this year. According to the representative, "the happy couple have not set a date for the wedding yet." This will be the first marriage for Cross.

marciacross_everwood_240.jpg

Marcia Cross

As for the other leading ladies of Wisteria Lane, the "Desperate Housewives" are not so "desperate" in real life! Nicollette Sheridan is engaged to Nick Soderblom. Felicty Huffman has been happily married to 'Fargo' actor William H. Macy since 1997; the couple have two daughters.

Eva Longoria has finally seemed to settle down with a superstar beau, San Antonio Spurs Tony Parker. Despite engagement rumors, Eva says they have no plans to get married. "I'm not engaged," she says. "I'm in love. I'm very much in love. I'm very, very happy."

And comeback queen Teri Hatcher told InStyle magazine earlier this year that she is currently enjoying the single life. The actress has a child from her previous marriage to actor Jon Tenney.

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

Rena Sofer and Sanford Bookstaver

sofer.jpg

Rena Sofer and Sanford Bookstaver

It's a girl for "Blind Justice" actress Rena Sofer and her husband, TV director Sanford Bookstaver. The 36-year-old actress gave birth to Avalon Leone Bookstaver August 5 at a Los Angeles hospital, publicist Nancy Iannios said recently. Sofer has an 8-year-old daughter from a previous marriage.

It's the first child for Bookstaver, 31, who has directed episodes of "The O.C." and "One Tree Hill." The couple married in May 2003. Sofer plays Ron Eldard's wife in "Blind Justice" and has also appeared in "Just Shoot Me!" and NBC's short-lived version of the British series "Coupling."

E! Online

Baby News

Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld

Seinfeld_Baby.jpg

Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld

Jerry Seinfeld's burgeoning flock has found its Shepherd. The comedian and wife Jessica welcomed son, Shepherd Kellen into the world on August 22. It's the couple's third child together. Shepherd joins brother Julian, who made his debut in March 2003, and sister Sascha, who was born in November 2000.

The littlest Seinfeld was delivered at New York's Cornell Medical Center. Both mom and new babe were home by August 23. None of the baby's vital statistics have been released. Baby and parents are all said to be "doing great."

Seinfeld, 51, and his 34-year-old wife tied the knot in 1999, shortly after his long-running NBC sitcom came to an end. The couple generated their share of tabloid headlines during their courtship, when they hooked up just after Jessica's honeymoon with first husband Eric Nederlander. The Seinfelds swapped vows on Christmas Day, shortly after Jessica's divorce.

Aside from another round of diaper duty, the three-time papa has plenty to keep him busy. Seinfeld is currently working on "Bee Movie," a computer-generated feature-length cartoon for DreamWorks. The funnyman inked a deal last year to write, produce and star in the flick, featuring an A-list roster of talent: Renee Zellweger, Oprah Winfrey and Uma Thurman are among those voicing the film. The 'toon is slated for a November 2007 release.

girl_teddy_line.gif

Baby News

Jason Goldberg and Soleil Moon Frye

Moon_Frye.jpg

Jason Goldberg and Soleil Moon Frye

Punky Brewster is all grown up. Soleil Moon Frye, best known for her starring role as the titular spunky moppet in the 1980s NBC sitcom is now a mother, People magazine reports. Frye, now 29, and her husband, "Punk'd" producer Jason Goldberg, welcomed their first child, Poet Sienna Rose Goldberg, early on the morning of August 24 in Los Angeles. Poet weighed in at a healthy 7 pounds, 13 ounces.

Mother and child are "doing wonderfully," a friend tells People. The couple married in 1998 after becoming "the best of friends" with Goldberg two year prior in New York. Frye shot to fame as a child star on "Punky Brewster," which premiered in September 1984 and ran through 1988.

But as she entered her teens, her celeb status dwindled and she wound up relegated to a string of largely forgettable made-for-TV movies (see: "Summertime Switch," "Piranha") and low-budget flicks ("Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings," "Motel Blue") through the late '80s and early '90s. At age 19, she tried her hand at directing with the indie film, "Wild Horses," which she also cowrote and costarred with Danny Masterson ("That '70s Show") and Scott Caan ("Ocean's Eleven").

soleil_sabrina.jpg

Soleil Moon Frye starred as Roxie King in

'Sabrina the Teenage Witch.'

She returned to the small screen as a regular on "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" for the show's final three seasons. Frye also does voiceover work, starring as Zooey on the Disney Channel's "The Proud Family" and the upcoming feature version, as well as the upcoming 'toon "Bratz," based on the popular toy line.

She may be best known these days, however, for her near constant recurrent appearances on re-runs of VH1's "I Love the 80s," where she appears as herself waxing poetic on a variety of subjects from her favorite decade, and 100 Greatest Child Stars, where she ranked 35th.

Goldberg, meanwhile, is the producing partner of Ashton Kutcher. Their joint credits include the TV series, "Punk'd" and "Beauty and the Geek" and the films, "The Butterfly Effect" and "Guess Who."

ET Online and E! Online

Wedding News

Inside Robert Downey Jr.'s Weekend Wedding

downey_levin.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Levin

Robert Downey Jr. has successfully made it down the aisle. Acclaimed actor Robert Downey Jr. wed his 'Gothika' producer Susan Levin on Saturday, August 27. The pair were expected to tie the knot in the Hamptons at the legendary Ron Perelman-owned Creeks Mediterranean villa, but then decided to move the nuptials to another top secret location in the Hamptons, notifying their guests at the very last minute.

The elegant celebration took place at a 5.2-acre compound overlooking the bay in a ritzy part of the Long Island town of Amagansett, New York. The compound is the Windy Dunes estate, owned by wealthy Palm Beach socialite Lucy Sprunger. The couple swapped vows before an A-list guest list that included the likes of Billy Joel, Sting and Ellen Barkin. Keanu Reeves made a spashy entrance by arriving on his motorcycle. According to sources, Sting and Joel performed at the evening ceremony.

On Friday, August 26, the night before the wedding, five party trucks were seen parked outside the property, and sources say 150 guests were expected. "It's my turn . . . to luck out," Downey said of his relationship with Levin. This is the second matrimonial go-round for Downey. He and first wife, Deborah Falconer, wed in 1992, after knowing each other only 42 days. They separated in 1996, when Downey's escalating drug addictions began landing him in legal hot water, and finalized their divorce in April 2004. Their union produced one child, 11-year-old son, Indio.

downey3.jpg

Robert Downey Jr., Susan Levin

and Downey's son, Indio at the

NBA All-Star game.

Downey credits his wife-to-be with helping him kick his drug and alcohol habits. One of his biceps reads "Susie Q" in an inky tribute to Levin (the other bears his son's name). Downey, 40, and Levin, 31, met in 2002 while filming "Gothika"--a starring vehicle for Downey alongside Halle Berry and a producing credit for Levin--and got engaged in November 2003.

In a 2003 interview with USA Today, Downey sang Levin's praises. "She has a real life, and she's really organized," he said. "It's really cool." Levin's level-headedness is perhaps made all the cooler by the fact that 'real life' and organization have never been among Downey's strong points.

The onetime Oscar nominee's famous cycles of drug addiction and relapse have cost him numerous acting jobs, and landed him both behind bars and in extended rehab sessions. His troubles trace back to June 1996, after a traffic stop turned up cocaine, heroin, crack and a loaded pistol in his Ford Explorer. Three weeks later, the intoxicated actor was found passed out on a child's bed in a neighbor's house. Three days later, he was busted for leaving a recovery center.

robert_downey.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Levin

The following year he spent time in Los Angeles County jail for a probation violation, and, in 1999, was sentenced to Corcoran State Prison in central California after again slipping up. Ordered into rehab, he walked away four days into treatment and found himself facing more jail time. What followed over the next five years was a pattern of repeated lapses, court dates, rehab programs and jail time.

The roller coaster ride of addiction almost destroyed the Oscar-nominated star's career. Although he received an Oscar nomination for his starring role in "Chaplin," it left him unemployable, as no production company would insure him. But certain, loyal friends were willing to give Downey another chance, and the actor found steady work with roles in such films as "The Singing Detective" and "Gothika," while taking it one day at a time. This is a bright new chapter in the talented yet troubled star's life.

"It's like I've got a shotgun in my mouth and my finger on the trigger," the actor said of his addiction to the sentencing judge, "and I like the taste of gunmetal." All told, Downey made at least nine trips to rehab in the past decade but Levin changed all that, and Downey refocused first on his family life and then on his career.

downey200x225.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. with his new

bride Susan Levin

"Once I finally got committed [to sobriety] I discovered all kinds of hidden talents," the actor told the Detroit Free Press. Downey elaborated, "I'm a born soccer mom. We drive to Indio's games singing Clancy Brothers songs, and I can actually get the order right at the In-N-Out Burger. It's like a revelation to me. And I've also discovered I can be a considerate companion--although I still talk too much."

After releasing his debut album, "The Futurist," last November, Downey resumed his prolific career. His next film, the murder mystery, "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang," opposite Val Kilmer, is due out October 21, and he has at least a half-dozen other projects in various stages of completion, ranging from the Disney remake of "The Shaggy Dog" to a film about the Zodiac serial killer to an Edgar Allen Poe biopic.

As for Levin, she most recently produced the Paris Hilton-starring horror film, "House of Wax" and will executive produce "Invasion," the upcoming remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," starring Nicole Kidman and due out next year.

• 2 weeks later...

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

Tina Fey and Jeff Richmond

fey.jpg

Tina Fey and Jeff Richmond

'Live from New York' . . . It's a Baby! This just in: "Saturday Night Live" comedian-writer Tina Fey has some breaking news of her own: The "Weekend Update" co-anchor has given birth to her child. Fey and her husband, Jeff Richmond, are the proud parents of a daughter, Alice, born on Saturday, September 10 in New York according to an NBC spokesman.

Fey, 35, has been head writer at "SNL" for five years and her husband, Jeff Richmond, 44, is a composer on the sketch comedy show. They met before their jobs on "SNL" and dated for seven years before tying the knot in a Greek Orthodox ceremony in 2001.

'SNL' spokesman Marc Liepis said the couple and their new bundle of joy were, "Safe, home, happy, thrilled to death." The baby weighed 5 pounds, 5 ounces, he said. Fey will take a brief maternity leave from "Saturday Night Live," which premieres its 31st season on Saturday, October 1. "Saturday Night Live," airs Saturdays at 11:30 p.m. on NBC.

144132__wu_l.jpg

'Weekend Update's' Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

In October, Fey and fellow cast member Amy Poehler made history by becoming the show's first all-female "Update" team, long a trademark segment. The comedians also starred together in the film "Mean Girls" with Lindsay Lohan. Fey will remain at the show's anchor desk through the end of the season.

As for Fey, even childbirth and her 80-hour work weeks on 'SNL,' hasn't slowed her down from her busy schedule. She's waiting to hear whether NBC will pick up her yet-to-be-named series pilot. She serves as both star and executive producer in the show, in which she portrays a head writer for a sketch comedy/variety show. Not exactly a stretch for the prolific actress/writer/comedienne.

Fey is also working on the script for Paramount's "Curly Oxide and Vic Thrill," a based-on-a-true-story comedy about a young Hasidic Jew and an aging rock-'n'-roller who meet and form a band.

E! Online

Baby News

Spears Adds 'Baby One More Time'

spears_preg.jpg

Britney Spears

Britney Spears has helped husband Kevin Federline multiply and replenish the earth. Again. The ". . .Baby One More Time" singer gave birth to a baby boy on Wednesday, September 14 in Los Angeles. The child is Spears' first, Federline's third. He has two young children from his previous relationship with actress Shar Jackson.

According to U.K.'s Sky News, Spears was considering naming her and Federline's child London, after the British capital, where their romance blossomed. Us Weekly's sources had the singer set on Preston Michael Spears Federline. Spears' publicist had no official confirmation. Sources have now confirmed the young celebrity couple named their new son, Sean Preston.

The 23-year-old Spears recently told Elle that she considered pregnancy "mind-blowing" and "therapeutic--all the secrets from your family come out of the closet." One aspect of the life cycle Spears was not looking forward to was the business of labor. Saying she didn't "want to go through pain."

210.spears.federln.082504.jpg

Britney Spears and Kevin Federline

The pop star told the magazine, "I have a feeling I'm going to have an operation [a Caesarian section]. I don't know why, but I hope so." Per reports, Spears' dream came true. The entertainer, accompanied by Federline, checked into an L.A. hospital about 6 a.m. to undergo a C-section.

Throughout Wednesday, the tabloids and glossies jostled with each other over the baby story--treating the birth like hard-news outlets treat election night, with each seeking to be the first to call it. The National Enquirer was first out of the gate at about 9 a.m., with news of Spears begin admitted to the hospital for a C-section. Life & Style followed with a press release outlining alleged complications. Us trumped everyone with a press release announcing the birth; the magazine sent out the alert at 1:30 p.m.--just a half-hour after Baby Spears made his debut.

spears_preg2.jpg

Britney Spears

Spears and Federline, a 27-year-old former backup dancer, wed last year, only months removed from Spears' 55-hour marriage to childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander and the birth of Federline's second child with Jackson. In the wake of her marriage, Spears, a media magnet since the age of 17, split with her longtime manager, declared her intention "to just chill" and put down roots in a $6.9 million Malibu mansion, and she talked about her desire to start a family.

Spears and Federline confirmed the "wonderful news" of their pregnancy in April. Days later, the duo launched another joint production: "Britney & Kevin: Chaotic," their little-watched UPN reality series. The arrival of Spears' baby nearly coincides with the launch of Spears' new fragrance. In a note to fans, the singer described Fantasy Britney Spears as a "completely magical" blend of "enchanting scents and flavors," with "a hint of cupcakes."

girl_teddy_line.gif

Baby News

Klum Models Motherhood

klum_seal3.jpg

Seal and Heidi Klum

Heidi Klum has her very own baby Seal. The supermodel/"Project Runway" host gave birth to a son, Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu Samuel, late Monday, September 12. It's the first child together for the model and her Grammy-winning husband, and the baby was named for Klum's father, Gunther, and the singer, whose full name is Sealhenry Olusegun Olumide Samuel.

"Yes, you heard right," the German strutter's Website, heidiklum.com, announced. "We've just had a healthy baby boy. We're very proud. More later." The tyke was born at a Los Angeles-area hospital at 7:20 p.m. and tipped the scales at 8.9 pounds. He measured 21 inches.

The 32-year-old catwalker has a 16-month-old daughter, Leni, from her previous relationship with Italian Formula One boss Flavio Briatore. Briatore and Klum split shortly after she became pregnant with Leni, and Klum soon struck up a relationship with Seal, 41. Klum and her singularly named beau tied the knot in a Mexican ceremony in May. He wasted no time in taking up fatherly duties, even dedicating his latest album, Best: 1991-2004, to "my daughter Leni."

klum_seal.jpg

Heidi Klum and Seal

In his own statement, Seal even says, "Heidi and I are proud to announce the arrival of our second child together. Our most treasured moment so far was watching big sister Leni kissing Henry repeatedly on the head. She had been preparing for his arrival for quite some time, pointing to Heidi's stomach every morning, saying the words 'Baby, baby.'"

Meanwhile, Mom and Dad might already be looking for a babysitter. Klum's publicist says that the supermodel turned reality TV star will "hopefully be ready for the Emmys" this Sunday, September 18. Klum is an executive producer of Bravo's "Project Runway," which is up for Best Reality Competition against "The Amazing Race," "American Idol," "The Apprentice" and "Survivor."

After a brief maternity leave, Klum will resume work on the second season of "Project Runway," which is set to debut December 7. The first season, meanwhile, is due out on DVD November 29.

E! Online

Engagement News

Damon Pops Question - "How You Like Those Apples?"

Damon_fiancee.jpg

Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso

Matt Damon seems to be in a rush to catch up to his newlywed crony, Ben Affleck. "Good Will Hunting" star is taking his relationship with girlfriend Luciana Barroso, 29, to the next level, after popping the question to the Argentine-born beauty shortly before Labor Day weekend, E! has confirmed.

Damon and Affleck will now share more than an Oscar as they both take on double duty. While Affleck is currently expecting his first child with wife, Jennifer Garner, Damon will take on stepfather duties to Barroso's 6-year-old daughter, Alexa, from a previous relationship. It will be the first marriage for the 34-year-old actor. No wedding date has been set for "The Talented Mr. Ripley" star.

Damon and Barroso, a former bartender who now works as an interior designer, have been together for two years. The 29-year-old brunette was at Damon's side throughout the European shoot of 2004's "Ocean's Twelve" and has accompanied him home to Boston to meet his family and friends and keep him company on the set of his upcoming film, "The Departed."

damon_gf250x275.jpg

Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso

Apart from planning his forthcoming nuptials, Damon has a full slate ahead of him. He'll next be seen opposite George Clooney in the upcoming drama, "Syriana," a first-person account of life inside the CIA. The film is set for release on November 23.

Sticking to the same theme, Damon will also appear in the film, "The Good Shepherd," a 40-year-history of the CIA, told through the eyes of one of its founding officers. Angelina Jolie and Robert De Niro also star in the film, which is set for a December 22, 2006 release.

Damon is also set to star in a recently-announced third 'Bourne' film--"The Bourne Ultimatum." The movie is targeted for a 2007 release. The just-engaged actor can currently be seen on the big screen in "The Brothers Grimm," opposite Heath Ledger.

Damon was previously linked with Winona Ryder, Claire Danes, Minnie Driver (whom he famously dumped during an Oprah appearance) and Affleck's former assistant, Odessa Whitmore.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name