Hatched and Matched

Jem

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Engagement News

'Laguna' Star to Wed Kimberly Stewart

kim_talan.jpg

'Laguna' Star Talan Torriero and Kimberly Stewart

Perhaps inspired by the marriage-minded moves made by her good friends Paris and Nicky Hilton, Kimberly Stewart has gone ahead and taken the engagement plunge. Stewart, the 26-year-old daughter of rocker Rod Stewart, has announced that she is betrothed to 19-year-old "Laguna Beach" star Talan Torriero.

According to varying published reports, the young couple have been dating for anywhere from one week to two months. (E! Online's own Party Girl, Lara Morgenson, who has encountered the pair out and about on her rounds, pegs the budding romance at about two weeks old.)

The twosome announced their plans to wed Wednesday, November 16 at an XBox 360 party held at a private home in Beverly Hills, where Stewart proudly showed off her sizable diamond engagement ring to the Hilton sisters, who were also in attendance. "It's almost too big," Stewart gushed to Us Weekly. "It's beautiful."

tt.jpg

'Laguna Beach's' Talan Torriero

The duo's commitment to each other was possibly reinforced by the not so near-death experience they shared last week when Hilton's beau, Stavros Niarchos, crashed the Bentley in which the foursome were riding.

The hard-partying crew walked away from the car crash unscathed and uncited, even though the non-driving (and still underage) Torriero was caught on camera by TMZ.com remarking, "I'm the only sober one."

Torriero attained celebrity heights--at least with the MTV set--last year, when he was chosen to be a central figure on "Laguna Beach" as a high school junior. Though his reign on the show officially came to an end with the conclusion of 'Laguna's' second season on Monday, November 14, the SoCal native is determined not to let his 15 minutes peter out too quickly.

kimberly_stewart_skinny.jpg

Kimberly Stewart

"I'm doing an album, which is very exciting," Torriero told MTV News in September. "I can't tell you what label I'm with, but it's a really big label push." Beyond his musical aspirations, Torriero said he may also try his hand at the acting game. "I've been acting since I was young," he told MTV News. "Now I get to take what I'm doing and what skills I have and use it to my advantage."

As for Stewart's professional life, rumors that she was replacing Nicole Richie as Hilton's "Simple Life" sidekick never came to fruition, despite Hilton's reported campaign for her to do so. In the meantime, the gangly blonde has been working as a model and hitting the party and shopping circuits.

The engagement is the first for Torriero and the second for Stewart, who was previously engaged to musician, Cisco Adler. No wedding date has been set.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

Jennifer Beals 'Dances' Into Motherhood

by Alison Gee

jbeals.jpg

Jennifer Beals

Actress Jennifer Beals and her husband, Ken L. Dixon, had their first child together, a healthy baby girl, last month, People has learned exclusively. "The family is very happy and Jennifer and the baby are doing great," Beals' publicist told the magazine. says her spokesperson. The baby's name has not been released.

Beals, 41, stars on Showtime's popular series,"The L Word." She first rose to stardom after her performance as the lead in 1983's "Flashdance." Her other film credits include "The Runaway Jury" and "Roger Dodger." It is Beals' first child. Dixon, a Canadian entrepreneur, has two children from a previous marriage.

people55x23.jpg

Baby News

Bo Bice 'Idolizes' Fatherhood

by Jennifer Wulff and Beverly Keel

bbice330.jpg

Carolyn and Bo Bice pose for an adorable family portrait with new son,

Aidan Michael cradled safely in daddy's arms. Upon closer observation,

the Bice's dog, Gracie appears to still be the real baby in the family with

one of newborn Aidan's pacifiers in his mouth.

"American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice has had quite a year. In less than 12 months, he's married Caroline Fisher, 25, his longtime girlfriend; moved into a new home in Nashville (while offering his old house in Alabama to a family who had lost their home in Hurricane Katrina) and changed his son Aidan's diaper for the first time, People reports in its latest issue.

Since his first single, "Inside Your Heaven," debuted on the pop chart at No. 1 in July, Bice has also collaborated with Carlos Santana on the guitarist's new CD. He's about to tape a concert special that will air on the Oxygen network day, December 11. And, to the delight of 'Idol' fans, his debut album, "The Real Thing," will hit stores on day, December 13.

"It's been pretty hectic," he says. Currently Bice is taking a quick breather at his six-acre Nashville spread with his wife and new son. As for Aidan's birth in September, Bice says calming his wife while she was in labor came naturally to him.

bbice2.jpg

Aidan Michael Bice

"This is going to sound awful, but we've had so many litters of kittens with our cat Caboodles, and it really wasn't much different from that," he says. "You sit there and try to soothe your cat and tell her everything is going to be all right. That's pretty much what I did with my wife." He pauses before adding: "My approval rating just went through the floor, didn't it?" Not likely.

"Bo's the best dad," says Caroline. "He'll just sit and stare at Aidan. He loves him with all his heart." He's also a hands-on dad: "I was up at 3 the other morning with a bottle in my hand," says Bice. And that's a blessing, he adds: "That wasn't the kind of bottle I'd have in my hand five or six years ago at 3 in the morning."

In his early 20s, Bice readily admits, he was a hard partyer. In 2001 he was arrested on cocaine possession charges, and in 2003 he was charged with marijuana possession. Both charges were later dropped. "I went through treatment and did the whole court thing and weekly screenings and everything," he says. It was around that time that he met Caroline.

flip-f.jpg

Bo Bice with legendary Country Rock band, Lynyrd Skynyrd perform

the classic 'Sweet Home Alabama' on 'American Idol's' season finale.

Caroline was a waitress at the bar next door to the Birmingham, Alabama, music store where he worked. Although they were just friends at first, "she was a big part of me turning my life around," he says. "We knew we were soulmates." Bice also began attending a local church. "My perspective on life changed," he says.

"There's not a morning I see a sunrise and don't give full glory to God for it," Bice said. These days, even though he has performed before millions on TV, he says he most enjoys singing for an audience of one: Aidan. He'll even accept some criticism from the little guy. "If he's crying when I'm singing, I'll try to change the key and see what he says," says Bice.

"Aidan's a new form of entertainment around here." And if there's ever a "Baby Idol" show, watch out, says his dad: "Hopefully we

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Wedding News

Christina Aguilera Becomes 'Beautiful' Bride

caguilera.jpg

Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman in a playful

moment at their engagement party with a close-up

of the diamond ring.

Christina Aguilera has gone from 'Dirrty Girl' to 'married girl.' The pop princess, 24, and her longtime boyfriend, music mogul Jordan Bratman, 28, swapped vows Saturday, November 19 in a lavish ceremony at Napa Valley's Auberge Du Soleil resort. It's the first marriage for both. Word leaked of the nuptials on Friday, November 18 with the press descending en masse to wine country.

Aguilera wore a Christian Lacroix dress and the pair were exchanged wedding bands designed by London-based jeweler Stephen Webster, who also created the singer's five-carat diamond sparkler. The bridesmaids wore dresses designed by Kai Milla, Stevie Wonder's wife.

Aguilera and Bratman got engaged in February, after Bratman popped the question in a hotel room in Carmel, California. "He got down on one knee and said, 'Will you do me the honor of being my wife?' I've been floating ever since," Aguilera told People at the time. Although it was Us Weekly that was first out of the gate Saturday with news that the "I dos" went down.

caguilera2.jpg

Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman pose for

photographers as they practice carrying the bride

over the threshold.

The pair celebrated their engagement with a joint bachelor/bachelorette party in Las Vegas over Halloween weekend, to which the "Beautiful" singer came dressed as a nurse and Bratman came as a doctor. Aguilera and Bratman met in 2002, when he worked at her management company, AzoffMusic Management.

Aguilera, a Mouseketeer turned pop diva, has earned considerable raves for her vocal chops over the past several years, chalking up a Best New Artist Grammy in 1999, a Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals Grammy in 2002 for "Lady Marmalade" and the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Grammy for "Beautiful" in 2004.

jordan_christina.jpg

Jordan Bratman and Christina Aguilera

She is currently at work on her upcoming album, which she recently described on her paid fan site as a "throwback to the 1920s, '30s and '40s" and her "best work yet." The as-yet untitled album is expected in the spring. "It's been really fun experimenting, challenging and pushing myself to bring you something completely different and revealing," Aguilera wrote on her site.

The singer attributed some of her musical growth to her relationship with Bratman. "We have introduced each other to whole new worlds of music, so it will definitely show!" Aguilera wrote. "I start to cry when I think of all he has brought to my life. As a team, we make each other stronger, wiser . . . just better." Here's to many more years of reciprocal betterment for the "Stripped" singer and her new husband.

Reuters100x26.jpg

Civil Partnership News

Elton John Weds Partner in December

elton_john_furnish325.jpg

David Furnish and Sir Elton John will make it official this December

LONDON, England - British pop star Elton John plans to marry his long term partner David Furnish on December 21, the first day that civil partnerships between gay couples will be possible in England. In an interview in Attitude magazine, which hits the newstands this week, John said the ceremony would be a small, private affair involving only himself and Furnish and their parents acting as witnesses.

"Out of respect for their (our parents') support, we want to just keep it small -- not to make a ballyhoo of the ceremony," he told the gay lifestyle magazine. "There will be a party somewhere, but the day will be very low key and we'll take our parents to lunch afterwards."

The Civil Partnership Act allows British same-sex couples to effectively marry when it comes into force on December 5. Couples who want to wed under the act must post a notification at a registry office first, meaning that the first such ceremonies in England will take place on December 21.

_1994156_three_pa_300.jpg

Sir Elton John and partner David Furnish greet Prince Charles

Attitude magazine said in a recent statement that John and Furnish, who have been together for around 12 years, intended to marry on December 21. John's publicist, Gary Farrow, said December 21 was the "probable" date for the ceremony. John added: "I haven't thought so much about the emotional side of it yet, but I'm sure this is going to be an incredibly emotional day."

The 58-year-old singer, one of the most successful solo artists in pop history with classics including "Your Song" and "Candle in the Wind," previously married Renate Blauel in 1984 but they divorced four years later. Canadian-born Furnish, 43, welcomed the legislation. "It is one of the defining issues of our times. And I applaud Britain for embracing the diversity of our society," he said.

John's publicist said earlier this year that one of the main reasons John and Furnish wanted to formalize their relationship was financial, with civil partnerships giving partners tax breaks available to married couples.

ap_100.jpg

Engagement News

Curry Snags Her Shining 'Knight'

2397447.jpg

Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry

NEW YORK, New York - And they said it wouldn't last. Contrary to reality critics, the May-December romance of actor Chrisopher Knight, 48, and model Adrianne Curry, 23 is proving the naysayers wrong. Now Knight, of the 70s phenomenon "The Brady Bunch," and Curry, the first-crowned winner of "America's Next Top Model" are now engaged.

Knight, aka Peter Brady, and the ever scantily-clad Curry are planning a wedding and reality TV cameras will be there every step of the way from nuptial preparations to their walk to the altar. The couple first met on VH1's "The Surreal Life" where Curry was relentless in her pursuit of the middle Brady boy among six other D-list celebrities.

The odd couple's antics on "The Surreal Life" led VH1 producers to offer Knight and Curry their own reality show, "My Fair Brady." The cameras spied on their journey to merge their lifestyles including numerous romantic romps, a trip home for Curry and a visit from Mrs. Brady (Florence Henderson) herself.

knight_curry240x200.jpg

Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry

The lovebirds became engaged on the series' season finale which featured an elaborate candlelit proposal. The tearful and joyful event came after a roller coaster ride of Curry utilizing every feminine technique to conjole Knight to a commitment. The series followed their trials and tribulations through the rocky road of romance and ended with Knight on bended knee.

Now, VH1 has announced that Knight and Curry will return for a second season of "My Fair Brady." They are planning a wedding with VH1 there to capture it all in a sequel to their hit series. The sophomore outing for the pair is set to premiere on VH1 in the Spring of 2006. "Who knew?!," Knight exclaimed in a recent statement.

"The last year was filled with drama of me trying to change Adrianne just to find out that maybe it was I that needed the changing," Knight said. "In the end, it was our deep love for each other that prevailed, with our individual quirks and flaws in tow. We look forward to planning the rest of our lives together and continuing to embrace our differences on our way to the altar."

ap_100.jpg

Baby News

Rod Stewart 'Forever Young' with New Son

466008.jpeg

Penny Lancaster and Rod Stewart

At age 60, Rod Stewart is a father again. His fiancee, Penny Lancaster, gave birth to a baby boy in the early morning of Sunday, November 27 at a London hospital, the couple announced. The baby, who is their first child together, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

"Both Penny and our baby son are gorgeous, healthy and doing well," Stewart said in a statement. "I am so very proud of my girl Pen for the commitment, courage and strength she showed throughout." The family is back at their home in Epping, England. "We are celebrating every moment with our beautiful boy, we just can't take our eyes off him," Stewart said.

Lancaster, a 34-year-old model/photographer, said the birth "was the most empowering and spiritual experience of my life." She said "It means so much to Rod and I that we were able to keep to our birthing plan and have our baby naturally."

rstewart.jpg

Penny Lancaster and Rod Stewart

Stewart and Lancaster have been together for nearly six years. He proposed to her in March at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Lancaster's agent, Nicholas Young, has said the couple would make wedding plans once Stewart's divorce from model Rachel Hunter is finalized.

Stewart's children include Kimberly, 26, and Sean, 25, by first wife Alana Stewart; Ruby, 18, with former girlfriend Kelly Emberg; and Renee, 13, and Liam, 11, from his marriage to Hunter. Kimberly Stewart last week called off an engagement of her own. Just 11-days after announcing wedding plans with "Laguna Beach" star Talan Torriero, the couple called it off Saturday, November 26.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Pregnancy News

APB: 'SVU' Mariska Hargitay Expecting

mhargitay.jpg

Peter Hermann and Mariska Hargitay

Looks like Detective Benson will be taking some down time from the special victims unit. "Law & Order: SVU" star Mariska Hargitay and her husband, actor Peter Hermann, are expecting their first child, her agent, Erwin More, announced recently. It is not immediately known whether Hargitay's pregnancy will affect shooting on the show.

Hargitay, 41, met Hermann, 38, on the 'SVU' set when he joined the show in 2002 in the recurring role of attorney Trevor Langen. The couple married in August 2004. If the timing is right, producers could work around her burgeoning belly. "Law & Order: SVU" typically goes on hiatus around April and doesn't resume shooting until mid-July.

Hargitay, the daughter of the late screen siren Jayne Mansfield and bodybuilder/B-movie hero Mickey Hargitay, has played the character of Olivia Benson since 'SVU' debuted in 1999, earning two Emmy nominations and winning a Golden Globe along the way. The spinoff remains a ratings powerhouse in its seventh season, ranking as the 13th most watched show and averaging 15.3 million viewers each week, per Nielsen Media Research.

Before joining 'SVU,' Hargitay had a recurring role on "ER." She also starred in the campy 1999 horror flick, "Lake Placid" and the 2004 Lifetime TV movie, "Plain Truth." Herman's other credits include a stint on "The Guiding Light," the 2002 big-screen thriller, "Swimfan" and the 2004 indie film, "Duane Incarnate." He recently wrapped a role opposite Ian Holm and Famke Janssen in the romantic comedy, "The Treatment," due out next year.

ap_100.jpg

Civil Partnership News

George Michael and Partner Create Civil Union

goss_michael.jpg

Kenny Goss and George Michael

George Michael announced recently that he and his longtime partner, Kenny Goss, will make their relationship official under new British legislation offering gays many of the legal protections available to married couples. The legislation creating civil partnerships becomes effective December 21.

"I'm sure Kenny and I will be doing the old legal thing, but we won't be doing the whole veil and gown thing," Michael said at a screening of a documentary about his career. "It'll be relatively soon after it comes in, probably early next year."

Goss, art gallery owner of The Goss Gallery in Texas, and Michael have been a couple for nearly ten years. Michael said the couple have planned a "small, private ceremony." Michael explained, "I'm not very romantic about it to be honest. I think Kenny probably would be if I let him, but it's just not me."

The Civil Partnerships Bill passed by Parliament last year gives same-sex couples the right to form legally binding partnerships and entitles them to some of the same tax and pension rights married couples have. "We want to do it, just in case," Michael said. "You never know, I could get hit by a bus and the poor man could have nothing."

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Pregnancy News

Jack White on Baby Watch

1117785199.99961.jpg

'White Stripe's' Jack White and wife, model Karen Elson

Jack White's about to fall in love with a girl--or boy--all over again. The White Stripes mastermind and his wife of five months, British model Karen Elson, are expecting their first child together this spring, White's publicist, Chloe Walsh, confirmed. A representative for the fiery-maned cover girl said the couple was "ridiculously happy" over the bun-in-the-oven news.

The announcement also puts an end to the months of pregnancy rumors that have followed the couple since their June nuptials. This will be the first child for both. The perfectly pale pair wed in an unexpected and unconventional ceremony in Brazil, just months after White, 30, split from longtime girlfriend (and at the time newlywed) Renee Zellweger.

According to an account of the blissful day on the band's Website, a traditional shaman priest performed the canoe-based ceremony "on the confluence of three rivers . . . in the Amazon basin in the city of Manaus." The offbeat service was immediately followed by a blessing from a Catholic priest at a nearby cathedral.

180x180.jpg

Jack White and Karen Elson Expecting

Bandmate and ex-wife/"sister" Meg White acted as the bride's maid-of-honor, while the Grammy-winning duo's' manager Ian Montone served as best man. It was the second matrimonial go-round for the rocker, born John Anthony Gillis. Despite his claims to the contrary, he was previously married to drummer Meg from 1996-2000, during which time he adopted her last name.

It was the first for Elson, 26, who has appeared in the pages of Vogue and Paper and costarred with White and some snakes in the Stripes video "Blue Orchid." The baby news caps off a banner year for the lo-fi Detroit guitarist. White kicked off the year by nabbing two Grammy Awards for his work with country legend Loretta Lynn on her latest album, "Van Lear Rose."

The White Stripes also managed to score their highest opening yet on the Billboard charts when their fifth album, "Get Behind Me Satan," debuted at number three last June. In the meantime, the father to be is gearing up to hit the road. The White Stripes kick off a brief tour of Japan and Australia in January.

people55x23.jpg

Wedding News

Marilyn Manson Weds in Ireland

manson.jpg

Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese

Rocker Marilyn Manson married his longtime girlfriend, burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, on Saturday, December 3 in front of some 60 guests as fans and well wishers gathered outside, People has learned. The ceremony took place in Kilsheelan, County Tipperary, Ireland, at Castle Gurteen, the home of the couple's friend, artist Gottfried Helnwein.

Contrary to rumors that the pair would exchange their blood during the ceremony, they actually traded vows they wrote for each other. The shock rocker gave his new bride a wedding band from William Harold Jewelers in Newport Beach, California, where he also got her 7-carat, antique, European round-cut diamond engagement ring. The groom's wedding band is a custom-made platinum ring with onyx inlay from Dana Schneider.

The rocker wore a John Galliano black silk taffeta tuxedo with velvet trim and a Stephen Jones hat, while Von Teese donned a royal purple silk taffeta Vivienne Westwood gown complete with train and petticoats worn over a Mr. Pearl couture corset. Her outfit was accessorized with a tri-corn hat by Stephen Jones and shoes by Christian Louboutin.

mmanson.jpg

Dita Von Teese and Marilyn Manson

Art film director Alejandro Jodorowsky, a longtime friend of the groom, married Manson (real name Brian Warner), 36, and Von Teese (real name: Heather Sweet), 33, in the non-denominational ceremony. German singer and bandleader Max Raabe provided the music. The guests included "C.S.I.'s" Eric Szmanda.

"Everyone expected Manson and Dita to have some sort of crazy vampire wedding, but anyone who knows the couple knew it would be the classy, stylish affair that it was," a wedding guest tells People magazine. "They are totally in love."

The wedding celebration began on Friday, December 2 with a 9 p.m. supper in the Conservatory of the Kilshane House, the Regency country home where many of the wedding guests stayed. Manson and Von Teese began dating on his 32nd birthday

people55x23.jpg

Wedding News

Athina Onassis Weds Brazilian Horseman

by Stephen M. Silverman

aonassis.jpg

Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda and Athina

Roussel Onassis

Greek billionaire Athina Roussel Onassis, 20, granddaughter and sole heiress of the late shipping magnate (and onetime husband of Jacqueline Kennedy) Aristotle Onassis, and Brazilian equestrian star Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda, the 32-year-old son of an insurance company owner, were married in an evening ceremony in Brazil on Saturday, December 3.

This was no ordinary ceremony, held at the Maria Luiza and Oscar Americano Foundation, an 18.5-acre spread that includes a museum, a tea house and a cultural center. The wedding was to be a "family affair" attended by some 1000 guests, according to the groom's father, Ricardo Miranda.

The bride, who was raised in Switzerland by her French-born father, Thierry Roussel, and inherited an estimated $2.7 billion from her grandfather on her 18th birthday, was to wear a dress by Valentino, the elder Miranda said. The marriage was planned as an ecumenical ceremony, because Onassis is Greek Orthodox and the groom is a divorced Roman Catholic.

5244376_4414fd6f4f_m.jpg

Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda and Athina Roussel Onassis

The couple

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Pregnancy News

Adam Sandler To Become 'Big Daddy'

624a1adambride.jpg

Jackie and Adam Sandler

He's played one on the big screen. Now Adam Sandler's poised to become a "Big Daddy" in real life. The funnyman got an early Hanukkah present after learning that he and his actress-model wife, Jackie, are expecting their first child next spring, sources have confirmed.

The Sandlers turned up at the "Wedding Singer" star's annual holiday bash at a Burbank recreation center, where, a source close to the couple told People magazine, Jackie "looked radiant." No word on the exact due date. Sandler's representative was unavailable for comment.

Sandler, 39, and the former Jackie Titone, 31, tied the knot in June 2003 in a Jewish ceremony at Dick Clark's oceanfront estate in Malibu before some 400 guests, including his "Anger Management" costar Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman and Rodney Dangerfield. Also in attendance was the comedian's late bulldog, Meatball, who served as ringbearer, marching down the aisle in a tuxedo and white yarmulke.

It was the first marriage for both bride and groom, who started dating in January 1999. That same year, Titone had a scene opposite her future hubby in "Big Daddy," playing a waitress who takes his order for root beer in a sports bar.

Titone, who reportedly converted to Judaism in 2000, went on to make an appearance in 2002's "Little Nicky," had a bit part in "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo," starring frequent Sandler collaborator Rob Schneider, and lent her voice to Sandler's 2002 animated holiday film, "Eight Crazy Nights."

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Baby News

Chris Cornell Rocks Fatherhood

chris_daughter2.jpg

Chris Cornell and daughter, Toni

Papa's not a rolling stone, but he is an Audioslave. Hard rock frontman Chris Cornell and wife Vicky welcomed a son Monday, December 5, his publicist has announced. Christopher Nicholas Cornell was born in Los Angeles at 7:08 p.m., tipping the scales at 8 pounds, 6 ounces, and measuring 21 inches.

Cornell's representative says both mother and son are doing very well. It's the couple's second child together: The 41-year-old rocker and his 27-year-old PR exec wife also have a 14-month-old daughter, Toni. Last month, the "Doesn't Remind Me" singer said in an interview with Launch Radio Networks that his burgeoning family has made life as a rock star much easier.

"I'm so supported that I'm not having to find a balance between career and family," Cornell said. "We have managed to figure out a way to do it and figure out a way to just kind of include it as being who we are as a couple, who we are as a family, and it's all part of one thing."

Cornell also has another daughter, five-year-old Lily, from his previous 12-year marriage to ex-Soundgarden manager and object of his current legal ire, Susan Silver. The multiple Grammy winner filed suit against his ex in Los Angeles court last week.

Cornell claims Silver mishandled the band's royalty checks, "conspired to divert monies owed to [Cornell] and to other Soundgarden members" and is currently holding hostage several personal items, including demo tapes, Grammys, personal recordings, lyrics and journals, all due to "personal animus."

He's seeking more than $1 million in damages, and is backed in the suit by his three other former band members. "She's acknowledged she has them, she just won't return them," Cornell's lawyer, Martin Singer, told E! Online. "As his ex-manager, she has no right to keep all of these original materials." For her part, Silver has denied all allegations.

In a statement, Silver said, "Much as I would have preferred not to engage in a response to the baseless, absurd allegations leveled at me by my ex-husband, father of my child, and former client Chris Cornell, I find it necessary to state that at no time have there been any wrongdoings on my part, nor any withholding of his property."

Audioslave recently wrapped a headlining tour of North America in support of their second multiplatinum album, Out of Exile. The group is expected to begin recording tracks for their third effort early next year.

ap_100.jpg

Wedding News

Matt Damon Marries Girlfriend in New York

amstel_hotel.jpg

Luciana Bozan, George Clooney and Matt Damon share a moment together

at the Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam during the filming of 'Ocean's Twelve.'

Matt Damon married girlfriend Luciana Bozan in a private ceremony on Friday, December 9 in New York City, his publicist said. Damon, 35, and his bride exchanged wedding vows during a small ceremony at an undisclosed location, spokeswoman Jennifer Allen said. Bozan's 7-year-old daughter witnessed the ceremony. In a previous marriage, Bozan went by the name Luciana Barroso.

The wedding took place in New York's City Hall, according to Ed Skyler, a spokesman for Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Skyler and Damon's publicist provided no further details. It was the first marriage for Damon, the second for Bozan. They will split their time between homes in New York and Florida.

Damon's publicist wouldn't discuss an "Access Hollywood" report that Damon's bride is pregnant. Asked if Damon's friend and "Good Will Hunting" co-star Ben Affleck witnessed the wedding, Allen said no. Damon and Affleck won a best screenwriting Oscar for 1997's "Good Will Hunting."

Damon's screen credits also include roles in "Saving Private Ryan," "The Talented Mr. Ripley," "Ocean's Eleven" and "Syriana." He met Bozan while she was working as a bartender in Florida, Allen said. Damon is in New York shooting the Robert De Niro-directed film "The Good Shepherd" with Angelina Jolie.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Wedding News

Marrying Matt Damon

ben_affleck22.jpg

At the 'The Bourne Supremacy' Premiere are (L-R) Ben Affleck, Luciana Bozan,

Matt Damon, Rumer Willis and Bruce Willis.

Childhood pals Matt Damon and Ben Affleck have increasingly more in common than just a shared Oscar and a deep appreciation for the Boston Red Sox. As of Friday morning, Damon, like Affleck, is a married man, having swapped vows with fiancee Luciana Bozan in a private ceremony in Manhattan on Friday, December 9.

The actor's representative, Jennifer Allen, confirmed the nuptials to E! but declined to provide any details beyond the fact that Bozan's seven-year-old daughter, from a previous relationship, was in attendance. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office said the ceremony took place at City Hall. News of the insta-nuptials was first reported by Us Weekly.

Unfortunately, Affleck was apparently too busy tending to his week-old daughter Violet to make it to the festivities.

15.jpg

Matt Damon and Luciana Bozan

Damon and Bozan, a former bartender who now works as an interior designer, met two years ago at the Miami club Crobar, where Bozan was employed at the time. The Argentine-born beauty soon became a fixture at Damon's side, accompanying him to the European shoot for 2004's "Ocean's Twelve."

Next, Damon took her home to Boston to meet his family and friends. Last spring, they purchased a home together in Florida. Damon, 35, took the relationship to the next level a few months ago, when he popped the question to Bozan shortly before Labor Day weekend. "The engagement isn't, like, anything new," Damon said in an interview.

"We know we're together," Damon told the Boston Herald. It's the first marriage for the actor, who has previously been linked to Minnie Driver, Winona Ryder and Affleck's former assistant, Odessa Whitmire, and it's the second for Bozan (who formerly used her married name of Barroso). "I am thrilled.

mattdamon_wife.jpg

Matt Damon and Luciana Bozan at Miami Beach's

Crobar with Bozan's 7-year-old daughter.

"I like Luci a lot," Damon's brother Kyle told People magazine. "They make a fantastic couple." On Thursday, December 8, Access Hollywood reported that Damon and Bozan were expecting their first child together, but Allen refused to confirm the report.

However, Damon has made no secret of his desire to be a dad. After playing a paternal figure for the first time in his current release, "Syriana," Damon told the Boston Herald last week that "fatherhood is definitely appealing." "I've longed for it in real life, anyway," he added.

When he's not getting hitched in impromptu wedding ceremonies, Damon has been busy shooting "The Good Shepherd," a government thriller in which he stars opposite Robert De Niro and Angelina Jolie. Damon is also slated to star in the upcoming drama, "Margaret," with Matthew Broderick and Anna Paquin, and "The Bourne Ultimatum," the third film in the 'Bourne' franchise.

ap_100.jpg

Wedding News

Country Music Stars Brooks, Yearwood Wed

garth_yearwood.jpg

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood

Country music stars Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood said "I do" on Saturday, December 10 in a private ceremony at their Oklahoma home. Brooks, an Oklahoma native, and Yearwood exchanged vows before family members, said Nancy Seltzer, a publicist for the couple.

The marriage is the second for Brooks, who has three children, and the third for Yearwood. "They said it is the perfect Christmas gift to each other and they couldn't be happier," Seltzer said. She declined to provide any other details.

Brooks, 43, got down on one knee and proposed to Yearwood, 41, in May in front of 7,000 fans at the "Legends in Bronze" event at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, California. Ten larger-than-life bronze statues honoring country stars were unveiled during that event, including one of Brooks.

Brooks is credited with widening the genre's appeal in the 1990s by merging traditional country with honky tonk, pop, folk and rock. His "Ropin' the Wind" album was the first such country recording to debut at the top of the pop music charts.

Brooks' latest album, "Scarecrow," went triple platinum. Yearwood was named the Country Music Awards female vocalist of the year in 1997 and 1998. Her latest album is "Jasper County."

• 2 weeks later...

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Pregnancy News

Gwen Stefani: Holla! Love.Angel.Music.Baby.

081505_stefani_rossdale180.jpg

Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale

The "Hollaback Girl" is pregnant with her very own "Love.Angel.Music baby." Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are expecting their first child together in June, Us Weekly reported Tuesday, December 20, citing members of the couple's family.

"We are delighted," the magazine quotes Rossdale's father, Douglas, as saying. Stefani's mother, Patti, also reportedly confirmed the pregnancy to the magazine, but declined to comment. The couple has yet to issue a statement on the report.

The No Doubt singer, 36, and the Bush frontman, 38, tied the knot three years ago after dating for six years. Stefani has made no secret over the years of her desire to be a mom, alluding to her maternal instinct both in her song lyrics and in interviews.

Stefani_kiss.jpg

Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale

In No Doubt's hit song, "Simple Kind of Life," she sang, "I always thought I'd be a mom/Sometimes I wish for a mistake." Meanwhile, it's reportedly owing to a mistake that Rossdale already has some experience in the paternal field.

Stefani was said to be shaken and angry last year after a DNA test revealed that Rossdale was the father of a 16-year-old daughter with longtime friend Pearl Lowe. Daisy Lowe, the product of Rossdale and Lowe's dalliance, is a teen model in London and reportedly has no contact with her biological father, or her unwitting stepmother, for that matter.

Before she tackles parenthood, Stefani has a few other major blips on her radar--perhaps most notably the 48th Annual Grammy Awards on February 8, where she's up for awards in five categories. Her solo debut effort, Love.Angel.Music.Baby, is nominated for Album of the Year and her pop anthem, "Hollaback Girl" is up for Record of the Year.

hollarback_two.jpg

Gwen Stefani

Stefani is also up for Best Female Pop Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Rich Girl," featuring Eve. Things have been slightly quieter on the music front for Rossdale as far as Bush is concerned, though the band released a greatest-hits album in November.

Bush's last studio album, "Golden State," was released in 2001. Rossdale's new band, Institute, released its debut album, "Distort Yourself," to tepid reviews and lackluster sales in September. The band has recently been supporting U2 on the Vertigo Tour.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Wedding News

Dern and Harper's Noel Nuptials

dern_harper.jpg

Laura Dern and Ben Harper

Laura Dern and Ben Harper are going to have themselves a married little Christmas. After four-plus years and two children together, the indie movie queen and her genre-bending musician boyfriend tied the knot Friday, December 23, in a Yule-themed ceremony, according to Us Weekly.

According to the magazine, Dern, 38, and Harper, 36, had a sunset ceremony at a private residence in Los Angeles--the former home of acting great Gregory Peck--before some 150 family and friends. The nuptials were chockful of holiday spirit--per Us, the altar was adorned with Christmas trees and candles and ornaments were strung throughout.

"I love and admire him very much," Dern told Us last year of her betrothed. "We're very much partners." The couple became engaged in 2004, shortly before the birth of their second child, daughter Jaya. Dern and Harper hooked up in early 2001, following her split with Billy Bob Thornton. Their first child, son Ellery Walker, was born that July.

harper_dern2.jpg

Ben Harper and Laura Dern

Harper also has two children from his first marriage, which ended about the same time as the Dern-Thornton split. This was Dern's first trip to the altar, although she was engaged twice before, to Jeff Goldblum in the 1990s and then to Thornton, who dumped Dern for his ill-fated match with Angelina Jolie.

Best known for her dino-chasing stint in the "Jurassic Park" franchise, Dern starred in this year's Sundance hit, "Happy Endings," as well as the literary adaptation, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio." She has three films in the can for next year, the crime drama, "Lonely Hearts," the David Lynch potboiler, "Inland Empire" and the Stephen King-based thriller, "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."

Harper, meanwhile, won two Grammys in February for his tag-team work with the Blind Boys of Alabama on last year's "There Will Be a Light." Most recently, he contributed a version of "Michelle" for "This Bird Has Flown: A 40th Anniversary Tribute to the Beatles' Rubber Soul," which dropped in October.

ap_100.jpg

Pregnancy News

Don Johnson's Expectant Holiday

johnson_kelley2.jpg

Don Johnson and Kelley Phleger

Don Johnson and his wife, Kelley Phleger, are expecting their third child. The baby is due around May, Johnson's publicist, Elliot Mintz, said Friday, December 23. "Both, needless to say, are thrilled," Mintz said. The couple married in April, 1999 and have a 5-year-old daughter, Atherton Grace, and a 3-year-old son, Jasper Breckenridge.

Johnson, 56, starred in the TV shows "Miami Vice" and "Nash Bridges." He has two other children: a son, Jesse Wayne, 23, with Patti D'Arbanville-Quinn and a daughter, Dakota Mayi, 16, with Melanie Griffith.

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Engagement News

Spelling 'Mind Over Marriage'

tori.jpg

Tori Spelling

Tori Spelling is ready for a second shot at marital bliss. The former "Beverly Hills, 90210" fixture became engaged to fellow actor Dean McDermott over the holiday weekend, just months after separating from her first husband.

Spelling's publicist, Cece Yorke, confirmed the betrothal to E! News on Tuesday, December 27. "We're so incredibly happy and in love. We cannot wait to start our lives together," the couple said in a joint statement to People.

Per accounts in Us Weekly and People, McDermott, 39, popped the question Christmas Eve while the couple were in Toronto with his family. The proposal came during an evening horse-drawn carriage ride and was sealed with a diamond and sapphire ring. There was no immediate word on a wedding date, but both Spelling, 32, and McDermott have to finalize their respective divorces before they can swap vows.

spelling_wedding.jpg

Tori Spelling and Charlie Shanian wed in July of

2004. They separated in August of 2005.

Spelling and Charlie Shanian separated in August but didn't publicly announce their split until a month later. Shanian in turn filed for divorce in October, seeking to legally terminate their 15-month marriage. The former twosome wed in a lavish, $1 million ceremony bankrolled by her father, TV titan Aaron. Under California law, divorce becomes official after six months.

Spelling and McDermott hooked up after spending three weeks in Canada in August filming the TV movie "Mind over Murder." Within days of Spelling confirming the demise of her relationship with Shanian, McDermott and wife Mary Jo Eustace, a Canadian TV personality, filed for divorce after 12 years of marriage.

McDermott and Eustace have a seven-year-old son and recently adopted infant daughter. Spelling and Shanian's short union did not produce any children. There are rumors of a pending Spelling pregnancy that might be rushing the nuptials. Despite appearances, both Spelling and McDermott have denied their budding romance had anything to do with their respective splits.

mcdermott_dean.jpg

Dean McDermott

McDermott, like his intended, has plied the lucrative TV-movie trade. Aside from "Mind over Murder," which is slated to air next year, his 2005 credits include the USA Network's update of "Kojak" opposite Ving Rhames and a guest gig in a November sweeps episode of CBS' "Without a Trace." McDermott also appeared in the 2003 Kevin Costner western, "Open Range."

Since moving out of '90210,' Spelling appeared in such films as "The House of Yes," "Trick," "Scream 2" and "Scary Movie 2," as well as a slew of made-for-TV fare. Most recently, Spelling has been in Seattle working on a low-budget horror film called "Cthulhu," appearing in a role the in Tacoma News Tribune characterized as a "seductress."

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Baby News

Travis' Little Drummer Girl

barkers.jpg

Shanna Moakler and Travis Barker

"Meet the Barkers'" latest addition. Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and his actress-model wife, Shanna Moakler, welcomed their second child on Christmas Eve. Daughter Alabama Louella Barker was born at 12:22 p.m. and tipped the scales at 7 pounds, 1 ounce.

The "Meet the Barkers" stars already have a two-year-old son together, Landon, while Moakler also has a six-year-old daughter, Atiana, with her ex-fiance, boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya. In announcing the pregnancy to People last May, Barker made an eerily prescient wish. "Hopefully it will be Christmas Eve," Barker said. "I'm hoping for a girl."

The camera-ready couple became engaged in 2003 while visiting Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. They tied the knot on October 30, 2005 in Santa Barbara in a gothic ceremony inspired by their favorite film, Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Fellow Blinksters Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge were his groomsmen.

barkers1.jpg

The Barker Family -- Atiana, Shanna,

Travis and Landon

Aside from getting the nursery up and running, Barker has had an eventful 2005. In February, Blink-182 announced plans for an "indefinite hiatus," stopping short of an official disbanding. The trio stayed mum on the reason, leaving their label, Geffen Records, to release a statement saying the rockers wanted to spend time "enjoying the fruits of their labor with loved ones."

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and promoted non-stop all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends," the label said at the time. But the Blink hiatus didn't mean the band members were slowing down.

Barkerspoll.jpg

Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler

DeLonge has announced he's working on an "anthemic" album with his new band, Angels & Airwaves, which the guitarist humbly describes as "the greatest rock and roll revolution for this generation." Barker and Rancid singer-guitarist Tim Armstrong released teamed for side project called the Transplants, which released an album in October. And Barker and Hoppus formed the band Plus-44.

Barker and Moakler have also been working on a second season of their MTV reality show, "Meet the Barkers," which debuted last spring. The new episodes kick off January 3. "I think last season was awesome, but this one is even crazier," Barker tells MTV. "You have no idea."

• 2 weeks later...

eonlinesmlogo55x26.jpg

Wedding News

Nice Day for a 'Pink' Wedding

pink_hart.jpg

Pink and Carey Hart

Pink got the wedding party started this weekend. The pop-punk princess took the marital plunge Saturday, January 7, swapping vows with her fianc

ap_100.jpg

Pregnancy News

Mark Wahlberg Awaits New 'Arrival'

wahlberg_durham.jpg

Rhea Durham and Mark Wahlberg

Mark Wahlberg and his girlfriend Rhea Durham will welcome into the world their second child. The 34-year-old actor and Durham, a model, already have a 2-year-old daughter, Ella Rae. Their second, due in March, was first reported by Us Weekly. Wahlberg recently confirmed the news with People magazine.

"My dad called me Mike since I was a kid. So in honor of my dad, I think we're going to name him Michael," Wahlberg told People. The actor, who is one of nine children, doesn't anticipate having as many kids as his father. "I don't feel a need to outdo my dad," he said. "I have friends my age who are already grandfathers. I waited for the right time."

Wahlberg co-stars alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson in Martin Scorsese's "The Departed," due out later this year. His other films include "Four Brothers," "The Italian Job," "Three Kings" and "Boogie Nights."

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name