Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Tracey... May contain show night spoilers...

Tracey Status: Active Age: 37 Height: 5'2" Hometown: Allen, TX Occupation: Homemaker...

tracey.png

Week one weight unknown:

Week one loss: unknow Week one final weight: 238

Week two loss: 10 Week two final weight: 228

Week three loss: 11 Week three final weight: 217

A classic Southern belle, Tracey grew up by the coast of North Carolina. Always full of energy, she is the life of the room from the moment she walks in. You can usually find Tracey shuttling kids back and forth to school and sporting events like softball, basketball, baseball and gymnastics.

Tracey did not start gaining weight until pregnancy, going from 113 pounds to over 250 by the time she had her fourth child. A combination of unfiltered eating during each pregnancy, and her husband being deployed for long periods of time with the Marines led to a constant struggle with depression, which led to more eating. Food was a crutch for Tracey and she turned to it constantly. She would not eat in front of others and when she did, it was a meager salad.

Weight loss to Tracey is something she has on her brain when she goes to bed at night and when she wakes up in the morning. She wants to be able to run with her husband, who was a Marine, and not be completely out of breath. Tracey would like to take on the burden of providing for their family, and the prize money would be a great help to her husband's business.

No kidding she was depressed and stressed when her husband was deployed. I hope she does well and gets back to liking herself.

She has a very pretty face. I can't wait to see her transformation.

She is pretty. She's short too, which means she looks bigger with the weight. Hope she does well (I guess I am saying that about all of them, but until they show me that they are just mean or obnoxious, why not root for them?)

Definitely karma if she gets sent home next week. I went from pulling for her to not liking her too much.

I'm conflicted though b/c I understand wanting to give yourself an advantage in the game. But I don't know, it seems so cheap and dirty. I've always hated these challenges where they do temptations or offer incentives like advantages. But they've got to give the contestants some incentive to keep losing weight.

She's probably more hated than Vicki right now.

The difference is she has NO allies right now. She is on her own.

You know, I understand her fears. The first week when everyone was bonding, she was in the hospital. By the time she got to the house, she was probably liked, but the bond just wasn't there. So she gets this opportunity to get an advantage. As hypocritical as the other teams are being, I should state that many of them were talking about taking the 2 pound advantage. But they were just waiting to see if it jumped up. She suddenly gets scared and steps over the line. Her problem was in not talking to her partner about it. Then again, she didn't really get a chance to bond with him either.

Insert next challenge/temptation. Its amazing that she was not the ONLY person to yield to temptation. But nobody got on his case. It should probably be pointed out that other competitors in past seasons have eaten FAR more than Tracey ate. Seriously. They were served mini-cupcakes compared to last year. This year, 100 calorie cupcakes. Last year, 500+ calorie cupcakes. So she ate 400 calories. I recall someone going over 2000 or 3000 calories last year? She didn't even start eating until Allison piped up and said, someone is going to win this challenge. Had no one else eaten a cupcake, she probably wouldn't have freaked out.

What I would like to know is... why was the brunnette pink team member such an IDIOT? When you're in a competition and someone else has a "power"... if they simply ask you for a vote to help them stay... promise it. You can break your promise later, but you ALWAYS say yes to whatever the terms are. Tracey was receptive to the wheeling and dealing up to that point. What I find incredible is that only two teams talked to her. She was truly alienated. At that point, she probably thought to herself, okay... they don't want to talk to me. They don't want to work with me. Screw them. I am going to pick people based upon what I think is going to be best for both of us and not you.

Was it an absolutely stupid play on Tracey's behalf to go against the two teams and make more enemies? Yep. It sure was. She'll probably pay for it later. I suspect that she is simply tired of everyone picking on her.

And I guess that's why I'm conflicted a little. I'm sure she's an easy target b/c she's basically an outsider -- coming into the game a little late, and therefore not having that bond with everyone else. It's going to play out time and time again this season. But I guess the whole strategically choosing people to weigh in based on who you think will have a bad week just sits bad with me. Like I said, I don't like the challenge aspect of it at all. But they've got to create some drama and I think they will run with this and make Tracey the bad guy, whether she truly is or not.

And I guess that's why I'm conflicted a little. I'm sure she's an easy target b/c she's basically an outsider -- coming into the game a little late, and therefore not having that bond with everyone else. It's going to play out time and time again this season. But I guess the whole strategically choosing people to weigh in based on who you think will have a bad week just sits bad with me. Like I said, I don't like the challenge aspect of it at all. But they've got to create some drama and I think they will run with this and make Tracey the bad guy, whether she truly is or not.

You're right. Everyone loves to hate on someone else. She will be the bad guy this year, which is too bad because this woman was in such bad shape that she ended up in the hospital right at the beginning. I think she had a brush with death that also added into her desire (frantic desire?) to stay in the game.

She made some stupid moves. I hope that they forgive her, but I doubt they will. The mold has been cast. I can only hope that the public isn't so hateful that they wish ill on this woman who obviously needs support to lose weight and maintain the weight loss.

Tracey would like to take on the burden of providing for their family, and the prize money would be a great help to her husband's business.

^^^from her profile. I think she is definitely thinking about the money!

Well if she is thinking about winning and the money she should know that half of getting there is to keep people on your side. She has to be pretty stupid to not know she put the biggest target on her back by going against her word she gave to people.

Soooooooooo now she is hated by everyone in the house. She is not able to exercise like most and she can't count on winning immunity challenges.

She will be out of there really soon.

I'm not liking her either. What I saw last night was not only desperation but pure stupidity. That same behavior ended up getting her butt in the hospital at the beginning of the show. Instead of trying so hard to win and be the first person across the line, she should have just focused on getting across the line.

Mercy, if she had that much desperation at home, she should be thin as a rail!

I think the other house guests are hypocritical...they were waiting to jump the line for a higher pound advantage. And, lets not forget that Bob and Jillian are constantly talking about how 1 pound can make a difference in the game.

And the fact that everyone is canonizing Antione when he ate the cupcakes first! It wasn't until Allison announced that someone was eating the cupcakes that Tracy started eating.

I think Tracy is a little desperate and doesn't think well on her feet. Unlike Vicki and Heba who were planned and schemed (and were just plain mean).

tracy must be the stupidest person on the show. the trainer talks to her for an hour , a FREAKIN HOUR. then she eats cupcakes.

LIke wow how dumb do you gotta be.

Definitely karma if she gets sent home next week. I went from pulling for her to not liking her too much.

I'm conflicted though b/c I understand wanting to give yourself an advantage in the game. But I don't know, it seems so cheap and dirty. I've always hated these challenges where they do temptations or offer incentives like advantages. But they've got to give the contestants some incentive to keep losing weight.

She's probably more hated than Vicki right now.

I totally agree! I can understand wanting to stay in the game, but she didn't need to be so dirty about it. She seemed really mean spirited when she was making her weigh-in selections and I think that made a lot of people upset with her. I'd be pretty happy to see her go home soon. But if she goes home does that mean Mo goes home, too? I don't want to see him go home because everyone hates her. :(

I totally agree! I can understand wanting to stay in the game, but she didn't need to be so dirty about it. She seemed really mean spirited when she was making her weigh-in selections and I think that made a lot of people upset with her. I'd be pretty happy to see her go home soon. But if she goes home does that mean Mo goes home, too? I don't want to see him go home because everyone hates her. :(

Yes Mo would go also...

well I don't think we KNOW that for certain. The first week only one of the below the line team went home, so who knows, they could change it up every week just to keep them guessing.

I think since Tracey blew it and took the power but she should have.... tried to make everyone happy. As each couple went up to weigh in she should have asked them to chose who they wanted to have their weight count. Give each couple that power. She would have had a better future in this game. She had the 2 lb. advantage and it was likely someone else would be below the line anyway. She could have kept friends.

but instead she tried to hurt the teams the most and made enemies of all of them. She is the #1 target up there now with her stupid move.

I really have changed my mind about this girl, I thought she had a lot of courage to get thru the hospital stay and make a comeback, and after coach had carried her that 1st week, look what she did. She is mean spirited, and I soooo do not agree with what she did, what Marty said would have been a great thing for her to do to make ammends to the rest of them after making a wrong decision as she said, but I think that was just bs talk out of her, boy, was Jillian pissed. You can be sure that she is the # 1 target and prolly will remain the # 1 for a while as I do not see her changing, we will se.

Did you know that the producers of The Biggest looser were once the producers of The Mole!

I wonder who could be the mole?

Surely it couldn't be Tracey!!!

She spent the 1st week laying by the the pool at Hollywood Hospital next to Kristy Allie swapping fat farm stories. When she comes back, she's too (faked) injured to work out, but healthy enough to take 2 free lbs at weigh in. Then she pigs out on cupcakes with a big grin (and frosting) on her face as if she's 138lbs underweight with strict doctor's orders to eat like a horse.

No way could she be The Mole!! :animated_bouncy:

I can't wait to see who she is going to send home next week!

I am half serious, half joking. I truly do beleive that the producers are behind some of what we see going on as far as Tracey's odd behavior.

I think the other house guests are hypocritical...they were waiting to jump the line for a higher pound advantage. And, lets not forget that Bob and Jillian are constantly talking about how 1 pound can make a difference in the game.

And the fact that everyone is canonizing Antione when he ate the cupcakes first! It wasn't until Allison announced that someone was eating the cupcakes that Tracy started eating.

I think Tracy is a little desperate and doesn't think well on her feet. Unlike Vicki and Heba who were planned and schemed (and were just plain mean).

I agree that the other house guests (some of them) are being hypocritical. Its fine for them if THEY got the 2 pound (or more) advantage, but not okay for Tracey to have it. Bob and Jillian have talked about 1 pound making the difference so much so that they have said in the past that to take money over pounds is suicidal in the game.

I don't have a problem with people cannonizing Antoine for his selfless act at the end. At the same time, I also agree that making Tracey out to be the ONLY bad person for eating a cupcake when Antoine did it too is hypocritical. At the same time, I do believe that it is not having the power that people here have a problem with (for the most part). The problem is what she ended up doing WITH the power. Her choices were seemingly stupid to the observers (us).

I do agree that Tracey is desperate and does not think well on her feet. At the same time, I do believe that the producers DO have something to do with how we are viewing things. I will, as usual, give an example of what I mean.

When my husband was watching the episode, I had already seen it. So when I saw the part where Allison was questioning Shay and Daniel regarding their approach to Tracey, I realized that Shay basically admitted that she (Shay) had told Tracey that "she was in charge of her own destiny", etc. So here is my conjecture on what happened that we did NOT see on the show:

1) Tracey was ostracized from the group at large after she received the power(s).

2) There were 6 teams and only TWO approached her?

3) From Dan/Shay's team, only ONE of those players talked with her. Shay appears to have been confrontational with her when Tracy tried to talk to her. I suspect that after Dan approached Tracy, Tracy went to Shay to see if she would be supportive of Tracy if Tracy was helpful to her team. Instead of being cooperative, Shay instead says "I control my own fate"... blah blah blah.

4) The pink team had both members approach Tracy, but only ONE was nice to her. The other girl basically said, "I'm never voting for you to stay" when she refused to give Tracy a favor in return.

5) That the producers chose to not show the talk between Tracy and Shay tells me that they want/need a bad guy for the "drama" of the show and they picked Tracy. Showing Shay giving Tracy attitude and showing how ostracized Tracey was would promote sympathy for Tracey instead of anger.

How do we know whether the other groups approached Tracy or not? Maybe the other four approached her and they worked out a deal where they would target "the other side of the house". Maybe Allison was instructed to ask JUST those two teams those questions because they already knew what Tracy was going to do (thereby creating a villain). I really have no clue because unlike with BB, we do not get to watch the house 24/7.

5) That the producers chose to not show the talk between Tracy and Shay tells me that they want/need a bad guy for the "drama" of the show and they picked Tracy. Showing Shay giving Tracy attitude and showing how ostracized Tracey was would promote sympathy for Tracey instead of anger.

I think the whole Drama is designed by the producers and Tracey is given instructions as to what to do by them.

I am beginning to think this show is put together like "The Apprentice". In The Apprentice, at various points of the game each apprentice was given secret instructions by the producers to play a specific role during a competition. In exchange, they are given secret immunity from being fired that week. Such as being lazy, or maybe poor listener, or too bossy, etc, etc. The perfect example was Amarosa, she was hired specifically to be "The difficult" employee that every manager has to deal with. Anyway.... I think we are seeing the same thing here. Tracey's part (like an actor) on the show up to this point is to be exactly what she has been, the anti-role model of the person trying to loose weight. So far she done everything wrong, she is an example of what not to do if you want to loose weight. Try too hard too fast, you end up in the hospital, etc, etc.

Too be clear so people understand my point. On the Apprentice, the winner was chosen in advance of playing the game. The show was about Testing one(maybe 2) apprentices. I don't think The Biggest looser is played that way, but I suspect we could have individuals such as Tracy who's not there to win, but to play a part in helping others win. She very well could have been 350lbs 2-3 years ago and lost a huge amount of weight already. If you look at her, she could slim down a few more pounds, but compared to several others on the show, she really not too bad right now.

I think the whole Drama is designed by the producers and Tracey is given instructions as to what to do by them.

I am beginning to think this show is put together like "The Apprentice". In The Apprentice, at various points of the game each apprentice was given secret instructions by the producers to play a specific role during a competition. In exchange, they are given secret immunity from being fired that week. Such as being lazy, or maybe poor listener, or too bossy, etc, etc. The perfect example was Amarosa, she was hired specifically to be "The difficult" employee that every manager has to deal with. Anyway.... I think we are seeing the same thing here. Tracey's part (like an actor) on the show up to this point is to be exactly what she has been, the anti-role model of the person trying to loose weight. So far she done everything wrong, she is an example of what not to do if you want to loose weight. Try too hard too fast, you end up in the hospital, etc, etc.

Too be clear so people understand my point. On the Apprentice, the winner was chosen in advance of playing the game. The show was about Testing one(maybe 2) apprentices. I don't think The Biggest looser is played that way, but I suspect we could have individuals such as Tracy who's not there to win, but to play a part in helping others win. She very well could have been 350lbs 2-3 years ago and lost a huge amount of weight already. If you look at her, she could slim down a few more pounds, but compared to several others on the show, she really not too bad right now.

Where did you get this info on the apprentice?

do you have a link?