BB Finale Two Hours this Season!

CBS is giving "Big Brother" fans more to love.

The network has decided to double the show's Tuesday, Sept. 15 season finale, expanding it from one hour to two, insiders close to the production confirm. The grande-sized "Brother" will air live from 9-11 p.m., with Julie Chen set to host.

Look for the two-hour "Brother" to mix all the traditional elements of the final show -- specifically, the crowning of a winner-- with an extended reunion segment featuring return appearances by ejected houseguests. There will, of course, be a studio audience.

CBS's decision to double down on "Brother" is no surprise given the show's stellar ratings this season. Despite being in its 11th season, the show is up 5 percent in overall viewers-- an almost unheard of growth for such a veteran show.

In years past, producers have had to cram a whole bunch of elements into a one-hour finale, leaving limited time for reunion elements and cast interviews.

Source: http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/big-brot...zed-finale_5396

I wonder if Chima will be invited since she was partially responsible for the high ratings.

This is why I think there will be another Winter/Spring version of the show.

TV networks tend to have an affinity for "riding the hot hand".

The ratings have been really good this season. I've seen and heard a lot convos about this show on a lot of other sites and even visits to the shopping mall.

I think the thing with Big Brother is, that it has a huge age range watching and loving the show... I have a 12 year old great niece and a 17 year old great niece that love the show, my 26 year old daughter in law loves the show, my 30 year old step daughter loves the show, my 37 year old niece loves the show, I'm 41 and love the show, my 44 year old nephew in law loves the show, my 57 year old Aunt loves the show, my 61 year old Aunt loves the show, and my Mother is 72 and loves the show, that's just my family, I won't get started on my friends... So you see I think with each age group you have them talking about it, and bringing more people into Big Brothers web...

I wish that the producers would analyze their viewership. I know so many older people that are addicted to this show - I'm talking the over 40 crowd. Next season they would be smart to add more older house guests. Think OLD VS YOUNG. Cougars vs. Cubs. It could add new meaning to a "showmance" or perhaps the older group would actually be able to outsmart the 20 somethings.

2 hour finale is ok...I'm not complaining...but I'd much rather see a reunion show and the gag reels/video that they always show at the wrap party. The only time I ever get to see it is when someone posts a cellphone vid of it on youtube...always crappy quality and missing stuff. It usually looks pretty funny too.

YAY for 2 hours!!!

The reason this show is HOT is becomes you can see behind the scenes and the SHOWTIME is (mostly) cool. I still watch other shows but now because of Big Brother it's easier to see behind the editing and feel manipulated. I mean, the live stuff online and Showtime are so much more real than the orchestrated one hour episodes.

Things that would make the show even better:

* Showing more of the jury house. Let's see some of behind-the-game fun.

* The activities like tie-dying were good -- more activities (not cards!) but discussion games.

* A mix of more older people who have experience and more stories to share.

* LESS SWEARING! I've been watching Showtime After Dark so much I found myself using the F-word about my kid. F is not an adjective. Some manners, please?

* More people like Renny, Janelle and Chicken George. But hey, the villains are good, too.

Keep up the great work!!

Happy to hear there will be a 2 hour finale this season! Wish they'd have 2 Big Brothers per year. I have horrible BB withdrawals every year LOL.

But then again, Survivor Samoa will debut in Sept so I'll quickly bounce back, perfect timing!

I like that idea just as long as they aren't as boring as Jerry. Since I am in that older crowd I know that there are older people that can be just as fun and outragous as younger people.

ITA Renny was never boring and as annoying as she could be ya just had to love her! Who could forget that first night with her and Jesse!!

Again, I wish that they would devote a portion of the show to an update on former houseguests. Not just winners but HG's we loved and hated. To digress a tad; I really disliked June but more and more I am realizing how cleverly June played the game. Credit for that always goes to Will but June was just as good IMO.

This is why I think there will be another Winter/Spring version of the show.

TV networks tend to have an affinity for "riding the hot hand".

The winter season was because of the Writer's strike that year. They haven't had another season like that ever since. They've always been in July.

2 hour finale is ok...I'm not complaining...but I'd much rather see a reunion show and the gag reels/video that they always show at the wrap party. The only time I ever get to see it is when someone posts a cellphone vid of it on youtube...always crappy quality and missing stuff. It usually looks pretty funny too.

in julies blog this week she said 1st hour would crown the winner with a reunion the 2nd hour.

remember BB4 when after the jury voted they showed them the DR's then put them back together. lol had some angry people in that room!

good to know...thanks aj :)

I don't recall that from BB4 (but then again...I suffer from CRS ;))...It could be interesting if they show some diary rooms vids....and they get some real reactions out of them. I'm usually disappointed in the Survivor reunion show...too tame imo; everyone had a few months to get over hard feelings. Maybe with this being fresher...they'll still have some bitterness and hostility toward some of the others and fights will break out...oh hell...Chima won't be there to stir up the drama! :giggle:

Omega did a GREAT job explaining the news about the expanded finale. Here's the "official" news release from CBS

cbs_logo.gif

CBS Expands 'Big Brother' Finale

LOS ANGELES, California -- With the show's on-air and online audience growing, CBS has expanded the finale for "BIG BROTHER 11," live, Tuesday, September 15 (9:01-11:00, ET/tape delayed PT). The series will cap its 11th season with a live two-hour broadcast where the winner will be revealed and the houseguests will then tell-all about their explosive summer for a special season-ending event!

"BIG BROTHER 11" is averaging 6.85 million viewers, a +5% gain over last year and has increased viewership among adults 18-34 by +6% versus last summer. All three "BIG BROTHER 11" broadcasts are posting summer-to-summer growth. Tuesday's broadcast delivered "BIG BROTHER 11's" largest audience (7.98m) and highest ratings among key demographics on any night this summer.

"BIG BROTHER 11" continues to have its biggest season ever online, delivering 60.2 million page views, and streaming 9.5 million videos on CBS.com, TV.com, and across the CBS Audience Network as well as mobile platforms. Reaction to Chima's expulsion drew the most "BIG BROTHER" visitors to CBS.com in over three years.

Archived