Help?!?! Big Brother

I thought maybe I needed a thread where we can just ask question on how to do things or having problems..

My question is, I want to make an avatar.. Now do I just find a pic that I want and maybe use paint to add txt or whatever and then put it in photobucket? then Paste the link here were it goes?

I want to find a pic of the foth and then just put my name in it.. Will I be able to do that? Any help is welcomed and thanks for looking or helping

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just find a picture that you like and then save it to your hard drive then do all the adjustments you want to it, then save it to photobucket, then post the link here... Bad thing is, we will most likely lose avatars after BB starts, because we need the space they take up...

Just so you know, avatars were in use throughout last summer. The server Morty moved the board to just before Big Brother 10 started could handle it fine. So in all probability, we won't have any problems this year either and they would be left "on".

To conserve bandwidth, Morty did disable avatar loading for all guests, so they don't see any.

(In case any guests are puzzled by reading this, each member has a personal image which shows up under their name on the left of each post.

Mine looks like this: av-6.gif

But you can only see them if you are logged in to the boards.)

For other "Help" questions, if you're too shy to ask, you can check to see if an answer can be found in "The Welcome Forum" or of course the "Help" feature.

As far as I know due to the slowing of interest in Big Brother (I know, NO WAY) Morty isn't moving the board to another server this year. So we'll have to wait and see if we lose the avatars. It all depends on the traffic we encounter during the year.

i just changed mine. i saved the picture to my computer and uploaded it under "My Controls" then "edit avatar settings."

I didnt use photobucket and don't even know what that is, so its possible to do it without.

if i were editing a photo (like adding a name) i think Paint would be easiest. at least that's what I use.

just curious, anyone know why it hasn't switched to the new avatar? does it need pre-approval first by a mod? or did i do something wrong. :huh:

The file size has to be no larger than 50kb. It also has to be gif,jpg,jpeg,png file extension.

We also noticed that profile information isn't saving for members. Only mods can edit for some reason. If the file you're trying to upload is the correct format and file size then it's probably the saving issue.

EDIT: I've changed mine. And as long as it's 90x90 pixels and less than 50kb and the correct format it will update.

F5 is a regular refresh. Sometimes it does work some times it won't. But CTRL-F5 actually forces your browser to download a new copy of the website/images from the webserver.

Bet they won't put anyone like Taylor in the BB house. We could only dream.

(Taylor is my avatar.)

For the live feed this year Ive heard there are early bird specials for the live feeds but i dont know any exact site names that have them. Anyone know of any or at least what the coupon code is. Its for 30.00 reduced priced feeds. Its like an early bird special.

All you have to do is click the ad at the top of morty's forum and when you sign up the Coupon code is put in for you. I got my feeds last night.

Ok so you took the plunge? If I order them now will I make it through to the end of the season for the $29.99?

I'm anxious to order them. (of course through Motys! :)

If you get them now they will last until the 24th of September. The show NEVER goes much past my birthday if at all and my birthday is September 18th

GREAT! I think I will go ahead and get them now then. I gotta go look for those jellyfish! :devilish:

If you get them now they will last until the 24th of September. The show NEVER goes much past my birthday if at all and my birthday is September 18th

Ok I got the feeds now and glad I did. I'm currently watching some GOOD stuff from the Oregon reunion. :food-smiley-005:

The show NEVER goes much past my birthday if at all and my birthday is September 18th

I'm gonna say it now, because I am terrible with dates. Happy Birthday, DreamAngel, and thank you so much for the time you've put in on the countdown thread! It's been awesome and a lot of fun to follow, as usual. Looking forward to these last couple of weeks (always the best!). :)

Archived