Octomom

uvp

Personally, I have a big problem with the medical professional, or the system itself, that would let something like this happen. Is it really a part of our civil rights to be implanted with 8 embryos, when we already have 6 kids we can't take care of on our own? To many infertile couples, they only have so many chances at IVF . That's because they can only afford to do it so many times. It's expensive. So who paid for this procedure on her? Why on earth would any medical professional do this? I haven't heard much about this lately. We did a little at first, but not so much anymore. Someone is guilty of malpractice, as far as I'm concerned. She did not need to be implanted with one embryo, let alone 8, when she already had 6 kids. Ludicrous. She's obviously off her rocker, but apparently no one realized or cared, and no one protected her from herself, and now we have all these babies involved.

And yes, Wicked, the welfare moms who spew out children to increase their benefits are really no better. But at least their getting pregnant didn't require an expensive medical procedure ( at least most of the time I don't think it does), and for the most part, they can only do one at a time. It will take them quite a while to get up to 14. But still -- a disgusting practice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

i can say we all knew she would get a reality show

would i watch?

no

I've read that Octomom is going to have a TV show very soon..

anyone willing to watch it?]

What network in their right mind would give her a show?

Welcome, nic09!- FYI-no links are allowed in your signature so you might want to take that out pretty soon...

Call me a creep, but I would watch the first episode to see how messed up it is. I'd be interested to see how the house is kept and how she interacts with her children. After that, I don't know if I'd be a regular viewer because these aren't the type of shows I'm into, but ya, I am curious and would check it out at least once.

One way to look at it is, if there are cameras in the house, watching them, then hopefully that would count as extra eyes watching the kids, making sure they're safe, well fed, clean, and looked after.

• 2 weeks later...

There should be laws about some people not be permitted to procreate.

I agree, she is no different than the rest of those welfare moms who have babies and live off the system. The only thing different is it's times 8 (12) for her.

There should be laws about some people not be permitted to procreate.

I agree, she is no different than the rest of those welfare moms who have babies and live off the system. The only thing different is it's times 8 (12) for her.

It's times 14 for her. She had six before the octuplets.

When Octomom had her litter they should have tied her tubes. Bet anything she's not finished yet, popping out babies. She'll be pregnant again by next year. She's a sicko, and a wacko :wacko: Everyone of her kids are gonna suffer for it. That's the shame, the kids.

i havent heard much in the media about her lately

I read a promising story in the news-no more children for wacko mom....she's getting her tubes tied, not because she really wants to but just because her ovaries or uterus I forget which one may be prone to cancer cells.

I also read in the same story that she almost dropped one of the octuplets in the park and caught the baby just in time.

Freak!

• 3 weeks later...

Please! Please! Let's all promise each other that we will not watch her show, nor buy her book!

From People Magazine Online. Link Here

Octuplets' Mom Inks TV Deal and Has Book in the Works

By Johnny Dodd

nadyasuleman25ab565.jpg

Nadya Suleman, the mother of octuplets born Jan. 26, has inked a deal with the British production company Eyeworks, which plans to begin filming a reality TV series based on the controversial single mother and her 14 children.

"I'm really excited about moving forward with this," Suleman tells PEOPLE.

Suleman's attorney Jeff Czech calls the series a "quasi-reality" show, explaining that instead of having a dozen cameramen tromping around her house 24 hours a day, film crews will only document select milestones, such as birthdays and other special events.

"Nadya knows she has to do something," says Czech. "But she doesn't want the constant filming because she feels that would be taking advantage of her kids. She's trying to find the middle ground and feels this approach will work best."

At this time, Eyeworks has yet to sell Suleman's proposed shows to any TV networks in the U.S., and is currently planning on airing her programs on British TV, then bringing the shows to America. Czech also insists that his client doesn't want her series to resemble Jon and Kate Gosselin's show.

"She's been watching them a bit lately and thinks it's boring," says Czech.

This week Suleman also finalized a deal with ghostwriter Wendy Leigh

This type of thing is getting more and more gross every day. Jon and Kate have done nothing to make this type of thing seem right at all. I wish all these people would quit with their reality shows. For one thing, they are probably what prompted Octomom to have all these kids. I don't care what she says about why or how it happened. She had to have been seeking attention. For another, it appears that doing this show has broken one family. Are the Roloff's next? What about that 'Table for 12', or the Duggars? I don't watch these -- I've seen the Roloff's Little People, Big World a few times, but not the others.

It's not healthy. And it's not something to aspire to, and if we keep giving people like this the attention they crave, then there will just be more.

I can't bring myself to support the exploitation of children for means of money.

I'll even go one step further and say that I think her actions border on child abuse- not physically, no, but exploiting your children the way she is is a form of child abuse, imo.

i heard her ranting about jon and kate issues

pot callling.........

Archived