thank you, thank you, thank you!

alibrett

Guest BaileySue

I cleared my cookies and temp files and now I can actually GET here and it's moving lightning fast!!!

Try it, you'll like it :-).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BaileySue

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've had trouble even getting on the board since Sunday. Then I had trouble STAYING on the board and getting a post to show up.

I finally cleared my cookies and deleted my temp files.

Now, not only can I get ON the board, but it's moving lightning fast.

As I said, it may be a coincidence, maybe Morty fixed it at the same time as I made these two adjustments - but for the time being all is well! :-)

More than likely clearning your cookies and emptying your temp folder had nothing to do with it. It is moving lightening fast for me too right now but it is also 5:13 AM EST and I am sure there are not many people on the boards now. I clean out my cookies and temp files several times a day and it has yet to help.

I tried clearing my internet cache and it didn't work numerous times so I'm assuming that traffic is really light now that's why it's lightning fast. Usually around 10:00pm PST and after is easy to get on..before that it's been nearly impossible.

I just made a comment to that same subject. I clear out my temp files and my cookies several times a day. Actually any time I am on the net using MSIE I always clear everything when I close the browser. It has yet to help me but right now the boards are moving lightening fast for me too but it is now 5:16 AM EST. I would assume not too many people on the boards this time of morning.

Guest BaileySue

The reason I mentioned it was because the change happened immediately after I deleted the temp files. Minutes prior to that I was basically locked up at this site.

I'm patting myself on the back until I experience problems again. ;-)

seems like the only time I can really read and post on this board lately is 6:30 am eastern time. luckily I am up and more-than-willing at that time... this morning it was a choice between perusing the boards or watching Ivette and Beau on the hammock. So, here I am on the boards.

Not that all that's been done didn't help out but the actual reason is the avatars have been turned off. Morty, Ranster and Jem announced earlier this might happen if the traffic slowed down the message board to a crawl. Here's a link below that refers to the avatar situation: Avatars.

I couldn't get to this board almost all day yesterday! Morty's has turn'd out to be the best all around site on the net when it comes to BBQ and I felt totally lost yesterday! The other site, bb6bbq is getting more and more lame, they lock up thier forums and have some odd donation policy or something.. 20 W00t's for Morty!!!!

Guest BaileySue
Morty is on the case and I know it's frustrating sometimes.

Thanks for being patient.

Have him fix the posting time too, it's now screwed up ;-).

And why did I just get booted off and have to log back in? Sigh....

Edit: Time is OK now.

Guest ah282

I don;t know anything about how to work Paypal, but I would be willing to give it a try to help Morty. Or if there was another way to send the money I would. Thanks for the great site!!

Very resourceful mommaduck...lol

Morty had actually held off putting his Donate Information up.

From what I understand, by the time he moved to another server Big Brother would be over.

Morty is working to find out what the problem is. So again we apologize and will try and keep you informed of what the situation is.

(PS, moving this to The Welcome Forum.)

Even if it wouldn't be ready in time.... I'm still willing to do a donation for next years busy BB time on here.

I, for one, will be here at Morty's - -

"Be the good Lord willin'... and the creek don't rise :!:"

Thanks for the updates Jem.

and, yes.... I impressed how patient everyones being too. Guess that's just one of the things that makes Morty's such a great site

Let us know if there's anything else we can do. :!:

I don't recall this problem occurring much, if at all, last year. I sometimes get error messages when only 8 or 9 users are listed as browsers.

Would it help if the moderators deleted the first 50 or so pages - or do some posters like to go back and savor their posts from 3 or 4 weeks ago?

I have been having the same problems connecting to Morty's site since last Thursday. Then when it did connect, it would take a long time. It really gets to be a bummer because I use Real Player on this site too. I have really enjoyed not being timed out. I also do not have to go through the hassle that it takes to get BB in Real Player.

But thanks to Morty for working to keep his site the best on the Internet, I am now getting lightning fast connections.

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the time being off? My time here on the east coast is 9:32 PM, but my posting time says 1:30 AM. Again a big thanks to Morty for making this site the best!!!!!

Is anyone else having a hard time getting on to the forums... Alot of the time when I go to the board I will get a message saying something error and the site moves really slow....

The server is being overloaded. Thousands of people trying to access a site at once is like thousands of cars dring to get through small tunnel

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name