thank you, thank you, thank you!

alibrett

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same problem yesterday....

BUT finally - just went to the CBS Poll site and voted for Kaysar for awhile - while I was waiting.

Did a LOT OF VOTING YESTERDAY :!:

(couldn't get live feeds when I tried last night either....)

Thank you to all who have turned off their avatars.

Over the last 2 days the boards have been very busy and it's been very hard to get in or go to another page or thread once people get in.

If you have not turned off your avatar or have turned it back on can you please turn it off?....especially on show days?!

Morty had a record of 630 people on August 1...the day we turned them off...WTG Mortys!!!!!!!!

i have problems pulling up the boards sometimes, i thought it was just heavy traffic dunno though

It is HUGE traffic and too many people refreshing ... just wait a few minutes and keep trying ... even the Mods are plagued with this problem, but it is nice to be loved at Morty's!

Ranster, I realize that the board can only hold a certain amount of people. Is it possible to update for a larger capacity. I know that cannot be done for nothing, but I love Mortys and I am willing to make a contibution. I can't speak for everyone but we all spend alot of time here and i'll bet they would all kick in a little.

Guest ranster627
try defraging your computer

That is also a good point ... but it is the high traffic and constant refreshing ... we can confirm this ...

Guest Shockalot
I get paranoid to do live feed updates now, because once I had a very long and detailed update, I submitted, got an error, and lost it...

For safety reasons - highlight your update and Ctrl+C (Copy) the text.

Usually just returning (using the back button) and the post will still be there but if not - you can at least 'Paste' it from you Copy Clipboard again.

I get paranoid to do live feed updates now, because once I had a very long and detailed update, I submitted, got an error, and lost it...

April, Sorry you lost the whole thing. I know a couple of Updaters type them in a word document, mark the time and then move them over by copy pasting them.

Jem

Guest kregger

What's the PayPal account and I'll send it right away. I'm sure everybody that has subscribed to the live feed will. This board is an invaluable resource. Just let us know and I'm positive that we'll all send a dollar!

Craig

Guest BaileySue
What is wrong with the live feeds page?  No new updates for hours and hours.

This is the second time I've tried to post this. The updaters probably couldn't get to the board to post updates. I've been trying off and on for three hours. I finally just succeeded, but my first post timed out before it posted. The board must be overloaded big time or it's been down for hours.

I'm copy/pasting this post so when it craps out at least I've got a copy. Good idea from whoever suggested it. Thanks.

I would be willing to contribute some if it would help with the bandwith issues and whatever else would be needed. I find this site to be a invaluable resource for the Big Brother fan. This is one of the best sites that I have come across.

I have been at this site for quite some time, even was the co-winner of the only Morty's E-Big Brother game (fiasco?, LOL). But, I have been going to another site more and more for updates/chat because I can't get on here. I hope this gets worked out so that I (and all of us) can enjoy it like I/we used to.

Guest thepikey
I would contribute, if it meant getting a VBulletin message board with a better server that could hold enough people, so the server isn't down 99/100 times.

What's the advantage of using vBulletin compared to phpBB? Is it more efficient with server resources, or do you just prefer the user interface over phpBB?

I have been at this site for quite some time, even was the co-winner of the only Morty's E-Big Brother game (fiasco?, LOL)

Puleeeease.... Everybody knows that Glowbaby was the sole winner of EBB!!

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name