Sign in to follow this  
salter-path

'Will & Grace'

Tonight will be the Will & Grace season finale 8:00 PM ET -NBC-

When Will's (Eric McCormack) writing career fizzles during tonight's hour-long season finale, Malcolm (guest star Alec Baldwin) makes him another job offer. Turns out to be a completely shady deal, naturally. Meanwhile, Grace's (Debra Messing) old college flame (guest star Eric Stoltz) gives her a job decorating his new hotel. Seth Green ("Family Guy") also guest stars.

Megan Mullally Gets Talks Show

reuters120.gif

meganmullally.jpg

NEW YORK - "Will & Grace" star Megan Mullally is officially headed to daytime, signing on to host a talk show targeted for a fall 2006 launch.

The hourlong talk-variety show will shoot from Los Angeles, and target women aged 25 to 54, said Barry Wallach, president of syndicator NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution. "She's very funny, intelligent, inquisitive and obviously multitalented -- she's an actress, singer and dancer -- and very passionate about wanting to do this," he said. "(This show) is something we think will have wide appeal."

The pact is said to be in the mid-seven figures, but NBC Universal declined comment on the financial terms of the deal.

Mullally said she wants to ensure that viewers are not only entertained but also involved in the show in some capacity. "I want to make it fun and entertaining and different, maybe focusing a little bit more on the viewers and bringing the viewers and the audience into the show a little bit," she said.

While Mullally has a background in dancing and music -- in Broadway productions and as lead singer and founder of the band Supreme Music Program -- all parties agreed that those talents likely will be a part of the show at times but won't be the main aspect.

Wallach did confirm that Mullally would do the talk show and "Will & Grace," produced by corporate sibling NBC Universal TV Studio, should the sitcom return for a ninth season in fall 2006. She earned an Emmy in 2000 for her role as an unreformed party girl on "Will & Grace."

Live! It's 'Will & Grace'!

by Josef Adalian and Michael Schneider

will_grace_300x435.jpg

The cast of 'Will & Grace' includes: (L-R) Sean Hayes, Debra

Messing, Eric McCormack and Megan Mullally.

NBC censors may want to start stocking up on the Tums: The final season of "Will & Grace" will kick off with a live episode. Harkening back to the early days of the medium, the serie's producers have opted to stage live broadcasts in the eighth season, with separate productions for the Eastern and Pacific time zones.

Given the comedy's penchant for topical - and often off-color - humor, the Peacock network's standards and practices department will no doubt monitor closely to ensure no verbal "accidents" occur. Given the current climate on Capitol Hill, it seems likely NBC will broadcast the live episode with a built-in delay of a few seconds.

NBC wouldn't confirm the date of the season premiere, but the show's expected to air at 8:30 p.m. September 29 - a week into the new season, rather than the usual premiere week debut. Alec Baldwin and Eric Stoltz are among the guest stars currently slated to appear in the episode, while Emmy magnet James Burrows will direct the live episode.

News of the live segment comes just days after "Will & Grace" snagged a series-best 15 nominations. Series co-creator Max Mutchnick said the live element will allow the show's writers to make changes right up until air time. "We're going to have some very topical material," he said.

Mutchnick, who created and executive produces the show with David Kohan, also said there will be "a surprise element within the live telecast," but he declined to say what that may be. NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly said the "challenging live platform launch for 'Will & Grace'" would be a good way to "inaugurate their final season."

The live broadcast also represents a challenge for Burrows. "This will be like the classic golden era of television that I was weaned on where the audience sees everything," he said. "Directing a live broadcast will be a first for me, and as long as I have been in the business, there are very few firsts."

Mutchnick did say some figures in the news will apparently be off-limits. "I'm a little afraid of Tom Cruise," he said. "He bores me, and he's also morphing into his mother."

The "Will & Grace" stunt represents the first time a regular series has gone live in several years. "The Drew Carey Show" did it three times, in 1999, 2000 and 2001. The 'Drew' team actually performed each of those episodes three times: for the Eastern/Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones. Because much of those segments were improvised (featuring several of Carey's "Whose Line Is It Anyway" buddies), the live performances varied greatly by time zone.

Fox's "Roc" was the last sitcom to go live on a regular basis, performing straight to air during the 1992-93 season. The last series to kick off with a live season premiere was "ER" in 1997. Other recent live scripted fare include a week of ABC soap opera, "One Life to Live" in 2002. And the CBS made-for-television films, "Fail Safe" (2000) and "On Golden Pond" (2001) also went live.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

JACK & KAREN: THE SPIN-OFF?: As Will & Grace prepares to enter its eighth and final season, premiering on Sept. 29, NBC must be foolishly pondering a spin-off based on supporting players Jack and/or Karen, right? Wrong. Asked during a conference call if there is a plan for Jack and Karen to go the way of Frasier Crane (for better) and Joey Tribiani (for worse), Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally looked at each other and laughed, before Hayes said, "Um, I don't think so. Never say never but right now, no." Phew.

I heard that this is going to be the last season for Will and Grace!? I really like that show....all the good comedies seem to be going away like that, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond and Sienfeld!!! I think it's neat the the premiere is going to be live though, I'll be watching and I bet it will be interesting! :(:(:(

ap_100.jpg

Live from New York . . . It's 'Will & Grace'

by Frazier Moore, AP Television Writer

will_grace_fullcast.jpg

'Will & Grace' cast members (L-R) Eric McCormack (Will), Shelley

Morrison (Rosario), Debra Messing (Grace), Sean Hayes (Jack),

Megan Mullally (Karen), and Alec Baldwin (Malcolm) during the

live season premiere.

NEW YORK, New York

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Will & Grace

I was very excited to be able to write about attending tonight's West Coast season-premiere live broadcast. I've been anticipating this for weeks, ever since I knew I was going. A good friend works on the show, so I've been to approximately 40 tapings. But I was extremely nervous, so you know I was really looking forward to this night. Due to the multiple takes, normal tapings take about four hours. The writers often rewrite the scenes to make them funnier, so the actors flub their lines and director Jimmy Burrows is a perfectionist. So knowing this was live, I wondered how they could possibly do it ,since they couldn't do scenes over and over and only had a half hour

Courtesy of: ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

'Will & Grace' Going Live, Again

POSTED: 9:26 am PST December 15, 2005

UPDATED: 11:28 am PST December 15, 2005

NBC's Emmy Award-winning "Will & Grace" will welcome 2006 with the second live episode of its eighth and final season on Thursday, Jan. 12 (8-8:30 p.m. ET in its new time period) as Karen (Megan Mullally) throws a birthday party - and ends up staying in the bathroom with her friends for virtually the entire episode.

As he did with the season premiere, multiple Emmy-winning director James Burrows will direct the live episode, which is only the series' second in its entire run.

As before, two versions will be telecast, one live for the East Coast and one for the West Coast, resulting in different jokes to be used in each separate broadcast. The first show will shoot at 5 p.m. (PT) for the East and again at 8 p.m. (PT) for the West.

In the storyline, all of New York's high society has been invited to Karen's birthday party - but the affair disintegrates when Will (Eric McCormack), Grace (Debra Messing) and Jack (Sean Hayes) all embarrass themselves and wind

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

GUEST STAR 4 U: Oops, Will & Grace is doing it again

Guest QW

Will & Grace have wrapped up filming their 8th and final season. The entire cast including Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, Sean Hayes, Shelly Morrison and Bobby Cannavale took their final bows after eight wonderful years. The series finale of Will & Grace will hit DVD shelves on May 23, just five days after the show airs on regular TV (May 18). Clocking in at 45 minutes, this finale will retail for $9.98.

images from Finale Night

will-and-grace-series-finale02.jpg

will-and-grace-series-finale03.jpg

will-and-grace-series-finale04.jpg

will-and-grace-series-finale.jpg

will-and-grace-series-finale01.jpg

Farewell old friends...thank goodness for syndication

I was disappointed in hte seris finale. I was happy to see Leo and Grace get back together. But to have Grace and Will not talking for years. Then there kids marry and they are back to the way they use to be. That just stunk. Ok, maybe they don't talk for a few years. but really, a friend that close woudln't disappear out of your life for that long. The ending wasn't sad or anything. I think the writers could have done alot better.

I totally agree Mrs. P. I was let down big time by that finale. The Will & Grace we've all come to know over the years would NEVER have not talked for that many years. It just wouldn't happen.

I loved the clip show before the finale though, that was great and funny too.

I kinda liked how they went into the future as did six feet under. i hate wondering what happened to charcters after a show ends.

at least they didnt show us how the whole cast dies