Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Show Night 01.27.09

^^^ why root for teams when they won't be "teams" much longer?

well I like both Pink Members. And I like Carla. And I find myself rooting for Joelle has she has been cast as the outcast... And green has alot of heart, or tara does..

I was heart broken to see Dan go, but when I heard David speak and say how his heart wasn't in it, I knew that, that just sealed their fate. Seeing Daniel first on the preview before the commerical confirmed it (lol), so I knew what to expect. I am so glad to see that Daniel is doing so well. 101 lbs compared to 46 lbs... ya, it seems to me that David's heart still isn't in it. Again, I'm so glad that Daniel is doing well and not being influenced negatively by his friend.

As much as I wanted Daniel to stay, as much as I know David would have really prospered from being on the ranch, I am relieved that the brown team got to stick around. Yes, for the son, but holy hell for the dad too. The guy has already had weight loss surgery and not even that helped him to keep it off. If anyone needs to be there (if we want to signal anyone out), it's him!!! Clearly the problem is bigger than himself and he needed real help. I hope this works for him, creates a new lifestyle for him where he's actually able to lose the weight and keep it off.

I have now gone into each couples threads and posted their weight loss to date...

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I thought it a little bit funny when that lady was so pumped to win the football challenge, when she won because she wasn't considered one of the stronger players. I mean, she did well, and she gutted it out in the end to beat Joelle, but they took the strongest and fastest out -- not just her, but everyone. So -- great job in winning, but let's keep it in perspective. It's not like she out ran everyone else, or anything like that. I also hate challenges like that, although it does give some of the weaker competitors a chance. Or at least, different types of players. But there was no way Tara, or 'black' would have won that challenge - -not a thing they could do about it. That would frustrate me.

I will be interested to see how well all who got to come back do next week, and what their weigh-in will mean. I guess we will be able to tell who has been working and who has been taking it easier. But I think all of them will have a hard time. I know you can do it at home, but I doubt anyone's workout is as intense as the ones Bob and Jillian do at the ranch.

Dan looks good-- he still has a long way to go, but he's getting there. I can't say David is doing bad, because he did lose weight too. And it doesn't matter to me how fast it comes off. I just hope he does 'get it', and sticks with it.

I loved Tara saying what she thought tonight. I get so sick of the 'hardest thing I've had to do', or 'such a tough competitor', or 'this person will do great at home' speeches.

Yes if the mom that won the immunity said one more time with such pride I WON THE CHALLENGE I was going to puke. Like Ivy said she only won because she was weak and they all teamed up to take out the strongest. She just won by default.

She should have been a little more humble about it.

David screwed it for Dan.....I could see on Dan's face that when David said that he knew it was over. How sad is that. It's a shame that our younger generation has gotten to this point. I know that my younger son could loose some weight. It is just to easy for them now to drive up and get somethig to eat and then sit in front of the TV. We didn't have all that growing up.......Hopefully by watching my son will do something when the cold weather is gone or fading away.

The grandparent team was the best. I felt so sorry for Gramps. My heart went out to him. When I saw the results of them both I was so glad!! I would love to see them get $100,000.

IVY, i was saying the same thing when it happened..

I did feel good for her though.. i like pink team.

Oh yeah, I'm fine with her winning and all, but it was kind of like winning a random drawing, or even less so, because people purposely didn't put footballs in her tube. I'm not sure I like her daughter. But that might be because of some silly flour throwing incident. I don't know much about it, but for some reason it's giving me a negative vibe on her. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I didn't keep track though -- would she have been in the bottom if she didn't have immunity?