Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Margie and Luke

I don't really see what was wrong with what I said. Now if I'd said thanks for your NOT SO humble opinion.......but I didn't. :angel_not: But thanks again for your opinion, ing.

Please keep your comments and slander to the racers and not the posters...

This could really be a huge setback for Margie. You just don't bounce back from a heat stroke with a few drinks of water and a few hours of rest. It takes a long time for the body to get back to normal and she'll feel the effects of the heat and sun every time she's out in it - let alone racing in it!

I should say most normal people don't bounce back from heat strokes - Margie is incredible and I hope she proves me wrong.

I was kind of surprised they went through the whole routine at the mat, while Margie was saying she needed water, her fingers were frozen etc. I felt like no one was listening to her. Poor thing had to collapse before anyone realized she was in bad shape. She was trying to tell them. And why don't they have water when it's so hot like that?

Well anyway, I hope she's ok, and can bounce back. Maybe the whole race thing is wearing on her though. She was saying how she gets tired signing all the time too. I can see how that would be. She doesn't want to tell Luke she doesn't want to talk sometimes, but she probably never wants him to feel shut out. But still -- he's an adult. He should be able to understand that she gets tired sometimes.

Please keep your comments and slander to the racers and not the posters...

FYI -

slander

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

I definitely didn't slander anyone, nope! In fact, I was being quite polite, IMHO. GO MARGIE AND LUKE!!! :party_smilie:

I agree with you guys. They should have water at the finish line! They knew how hot it was for the racers.

Poor Margie collapsing was sad to see. Poor Luke looked so panicked. I was very surprised that even when Margie was banging on the rickshaw that Luke didn

this team does have a disadvantage .

Yeah, uke is on it....

FYI -

slander

A type of defamation. Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Because slander is a tort (a civil wrong), the injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false statement. If the statement is made via broadcast media -- for example, over the radio or on TV -- it is considered libel, rather than slander, because the statement has the potential to reach a very wide audience.

I definitely didn't slander anyone, nope! In fact, I was being quite polite, IMHO. GO MARGIE AND LUKE!!! :party_smilie:

No, then why are you calling me ing then??? Maybe because I have been using "uke"... But oh nooo sugar doesn't bait anyone....

Whatevah!! Proof is in the posts...

No, then why are you calling me ing then??? Maybe because I have been using "uke"... But oh nooo sugar doesn't bait anyone....

Whatevah!! Proof is in the posts...

You can call me Ugar, if you'd like. :takesthehighroad:

Oh, and to stick to talking about the contestants, I agree with Flynnwa, I think this team will bounce back just fine. They have both done an amazing job of compensating for communication disadvantages.

Oh, and to stick to talking about the contestants,

You first... I was replying to you quoting me, just as I am now... The ball in your court...

I really want to see King and Sugar...together as a team on the next amazing race. Man, that would be great...well, for us viewers anyhow!

I really want to see King and Sugar...together as a team on the next amazing race. Man, that would be great...well, for us viewers anyhow!

Oh hells bells Elle, you just made me spit!!!! :animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

So what if a teammate dissapears, do you get a replacement or would one have to forfeit the rest of the race??

This could have possibilities....

oh gussy.. What have I just stepped into?

Anyways.. I think Marge and luke are the biggest charity case Ive ever seen on tv.. well next to scott on AI... I dont like them one bit.. they get on my nerves.. Especially Uke (haha)..

-

go Cheerleaders..

oh gussy.. What have I just stepped into?

Prolly a cowpie...

Anyways.. I think Marge and luke are the biggest charity case Ive ever seen on tv.. well next to scott on AI... I dont like them one bit.. they get on my nerves.. Especially Uke (haha)..

:animated_rotfl:

I don't watch AI... This Scott person must be really really really useless...

I don't watch AI... This Scott person must be really really really useless...

well, he is blind.. which I dont have anything wrong with blind people.. But they give him so much TV time, and they try to make us feel sorry for him.. and he sounds horrible.. worse by far.. But people feel sorry for him, so they keep him..

At least he doesn't have Vote for the Worst keeping him in the competition like Megan Joy who is even WORSE than Scott (who I must say is near the bottom of the pack talent wise - or at least his ability so far to demonstrate his talent). But hey, this is the TAR forum and Margie and Luke's thread, just sayin.

well, he is blind.. which I dont have anything wrong with blind people.. But they give him so much TV time, and they try to make us feel sorry for him.. and he sounds horrible..

I bet a Scott/Uke matchup would be an AR's editors dream team...

At least he doesn't have Vote for the Worst keeping him in the competition like Megan Joy who is even WORSE than Scott (who I must say is near the bottom of the pack talent wise - or at least his ability so far to demonstrate his talent). But hey, this is the TAR forum and Margie and Luke's thread, just sayin.

your entire post there is about AI, then you say that Im off topic.. ha.

but as for Luke.. He is only slowing his mama down..

I kind of thought they would give us an update at the end of how she was doing after they got her cooled down, but nada. The last I saw of her was her refusing the ambulance. I hope they still checked her out thoroughly.

When did she refused an ambulance? I watched the eposide but didn't see that. I know she fainted and then was under a tent and had people fanning her and giving her water but i didnt see an ambulance????? REALLY? Where? When? Do you think they will be in the next leg or do you think they are going to say due to fainting Margie and Luke dropped out (that is what happens in reality shows sometimes) I HOPE NOT THOUGH THEY ARE MY FAV TEAM! IF THEY LEAVE I THINK I AM GONNA STOP WATCHING!

There's a big difference between Scott on AI and Luke. AI is a viewer voting show and therefore, Scott's disability could influence a pity vote to keep him safe. Luke & Margie have to get through each week on their own ability. We, sitting at home on our comfy couches, can do nothing to help them. Scott's blindness on AI, in my opinion, has been an advantage to him, whereas Luke's deafness, at least this past week, has been a disadvantage.

When did she refused an ambulance? I watched the eposide but didn't see that. I know she fainted and then was under a tent and had people fanning her and giving her water but i didnt see an ambulance????? REALLY? Where? When? Do you think they will be in the next leg or do you think they are going to say due to fainting Margie and Luke dropped out (that is what happens in reality shows sometimes) I HOPE NOT THOUGH THEY ARE MY FAV TEAM! IF THEY LEAVE I THINK I AM GONNA STOP WATCHING!

After they had poured water on her and she was sitting in the shade, someone came up and said "I have brought you an ambulance" and she said no, she didn't need it. It was the last we saw of her in the episode.

I agree Jersey, there is a HUGE difference. The old and little Kings were just being ridiculous and trying to :stirthepot:JMHO

I've always wanted to see someone barely make it to the mat.

In Margie's case you could tell that she was either going to make it, or die trying. :shocked2:

magnifyingglass.jpg

In Margie's case you could tell that she was either going to make it, or die trying

Well said...and that's exactly why I like this team so much!