Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Ron and Mike... Father and Son... MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

I have to agree wickedclown... Ron could easily lose 30 pounds in the 30 days until next weigh in and then another 60 by the finale... Tara and Helen can't lose that much, cause they would be way under weight then...

But it's not on how much they lose as much as what their percentage of their weight loss isn't it?I mean he may lose 30 some pounds,but Tara and helen have less to lose but it doesn't mean they won't get high percentage.

I always kind of try to figure out how much a person could actually lose, and still be healthy. I don't know for sure, but if Tara started at 260, and lost 50% of her body weight, she would weigh 130 pounds. That's probably a bit too light for her, because I imagine she's fairly tall. But, I suppose it could be done -- just probably not the best for her.

And Ron started at over 400 pounds? Him getting to around 200 pounds seems more reasonable, but I don't know how tall he is either. And I think Mike probably has the potential to lose around 50% of his body weigh too. I have not idea where Helen started, but I was thinking 230 or 240? I think it's unlikely she would get down to 115, or 120. I guess I hope she wouldn't. I know anything is possible, if they put their minds to it, but I don't like it when they go too far and become so thin and gaunt looking. And -- it's not good for anyone to starve and work themselves to an unreasonable weight, and then gain some back, which so many of them do after the finale.

I don't know that Ron could lose that much more weight on his own at home -- but I don't know that he couldn't either. I'm not sure how much time they have -- I know 30 days till the next weigh in, but then 3 or 4 months after that still?

This has been the longest season, so maybe they will give them a little more time too, at home, to give everyone time to lose the weight they need to lose.

Just speculating.

ivy what your saying has been posted in a thread somewhere in this forum that seemed to get lost. it said ron can lose 55-60% of his weight. it was the highest of anyone left

Wow---I always thought losing 50% of your weight was about the maximum anyone could do. It's just a matter if Ron could actually do it. He has been on so many diets and tried so many different things, I'm kind of amazed he can do as well as he does. And he's determined. I don't know that he cares if he or Mike wins. I imagine the money will serve the same purpose--- his children's education. But maybe if Mike wins it, it's all his, and if Ron would then he would divide it between his 2 sons.

Mike has 2 completely different sides to me. When I like him, I really like him, but when I don't, I really don't. And that may be because I have thought of him so positively, it makes the negative that much worse.

I know this is why Kristen and Carla as such threats too. Their percentage potential is awfully high too. It's just a matter if they can do it.

While I have seen that anyone can lose weight, I do think some people are just bigger than others. I know there is no such medical reality of 'big bones', and I know it's not their actual bones that are bigger, but everyone has a different size frame, and some people are just meant to be thin, while others a little more robust -- zaftig-- stout-- whatever you want to call it. And you can usually tell the people that are meant to be a little bigger, because they just don't look good when they diet themselves down to an unreasonable weight. This is what I think would happen to Kristen and Carla, and a lot of these guys on this show, especially this season. They were the heaviest ever, so I don't think we're going to see a lot of 180 pound men, or 130 pound women. At least I don't think I want to. Because they look really healthy --- and because they won't be able to maintain such an extremely low weight for them. Sometimes, when people start to gain back a little, they get so down, they give up, and before they know it, they've gained back a lot.

I enjoy this show, even the game aspect, but the bottom line to me, is to see people really succeed-- and that means to get to a healthy weight and stay there.

http://www.tvfanforums.net/index.php?showtopic=35573

Hi Ivy. Here is the link to where I put the statistical info at. I got the information for each contestants ideal weight based on their gender and height at a site that had a calculator there for it. There is a range for the ideal range. So Ron could lose between 57% and 68% from where he started, and so on for the other contestants. Statistically speaking, if Ron were to be able to lose weight at the rate that the others do, he would have been the biggest threat. But he is far behind the others statistically. That makes Mike the actual front runner if he really works hard at it.

I do think we will be seeing the lower weight range at the finale because they started with more contestants this season to stretch the time out a little bit longer I think. I'm not entirely sure how long it normally goes, but they come back in a month, and then they probably go home again to work out for another month or more.

It seems to me after watching the show tonight that Mike is carrying the weight of that family (no pun intended) on his shoulders.

I agree. I felt so bad watching him in the show tonight. He's just really having a hard time trying to be everything for everyone. Trainer for his brother. Support for his father. If he gets eliminated from the top 3, I just might cry... again. Because I sure cried a couple times watching him tonight dealing with everything.

I forgot to get the telephone numbers to vote for Mike or Ron. Anyone know them? And how long is the voting open?

I just voted too. Tried to call last night, but could never make it through.

I can't get through on the number for Ron either. I either get a circuit busy signal or nothing at all.

The phone lines closed last night. Only the online voting was open today. But you are limited to 10 votes. The phone lines are limited to 3 calls per person. I do think that gives Mike a chance against the Ron haters.

HEY BROWN TEAM . . . YOU LOSE, YOU GET NOTHING, GOOD DAY SIRS!

and yea, I'm happy about it.

They have their lives back and better health. And if Mike didn't remind me so much of my song, I would have to add that he looked verra verra good last night. Even my husband said, "Holy **it" when Mike walked out.

I thought they both looked great! Good for them!!! Mike is a cutie. Now, they need to focus on Max.

Mike did look awesome, and I am super happy for him. But yeah, I did feel awful for Max. I wish TBL would invite him on the next season (although he wouldn't have Ron working behind the scenes for him). Hopefully as an entire family, they are changing their eating habits and becoming more active, etc. so that Max will have that benefit. But his weight loss will be so much slower (and he is more likely to get discouraged because of it) than his dad and brothers dramatic weight loss.

But I have confidence that they will all be there to help him. Between the mom, dad, and brother... Max is going to get lots of encouragement and support.

Mike did look awesome, and I am super happy for him. But yeah, I did feel awful for Max. I wish TBL would invite him on the next season (although he wouldn't have Ron working behind the scenes for him). Hopefully as an entire family, they are changing their eating habits and becoming more active, etc. so that Max will have that benefit. But his weight loss will be so much slower (and he is more likely to get discouraged because of it) than his dad and brothers dramatic weight loss.

Is this the only obese family in the country? For christ's sake, haven't they been given enough help already. It would not be good publicity for the show if what Mike & Ron learned on the ranch can't be used to help Max at home. And how about Mandi & Aubrey? Their father is over 500 pounds. And the entire clan of Tonga relatives of Sione & Filippe. Should they all now get a special invitation to participate? Let's give some other familys the same chance that Mike & Ron have gotten.

I think my thought on why I would like to see Max in the next season is I feel I know him. Sometimes on a reality show we delusionaly (yes I am delusional) feel we know these people. I think that is why so many people love All Star seasons.

Anyhooooo I love this show and I am looking forward to the next TBL.

I think my thought on why I would like to see Max in the next season is I feel I know him. Sometimes on a reality show we delusionaly (yes I am delusional) feel we know these people. I think that is why so many people love All Star seasons.

Anyhooooo I love this show and I am looking forward to the next TBL.

I wonder if TBL will ever do a "Second Chance" season for contestants who were booted early & didn't lose it all the first time, or those that have gained it back? I guess it would be as close to an All Star season as they could get for this show.

I'd like to see Dan given a second chance and also Carla. They both still have massive amounts to lose and weren't on campus long enough.

Is this the only obese family in the country? For christ's sake, haven't they been given enough help already. It would not be good publicity for the show if what Mike & Ron learned on the ranch can't be used to help Max at home. And how about Mandi & Aubrey? Their father is over 500 pounds. And the entire clan of Tonga relatives of Sione & Filippe. Should they all now get a special invitation to participate? Let's give some other familys the same chance that Mike & Ron have gotten.

I agree completely. Plus, I don't think Max could handle it. I don't think he's ready for anything as intense as TBL ranch. He obviously has huge issues, and needs more qualified help than Bob and Jillian, as far as his mental issues go. This kid was hurting so bad, when he saw his dad and brother. He would be on the ranch by himself and constantly be worrying about how he compared to them.

I also do not want to see anymore of this family. I don't hate them -- I wish them the best--- but they've been given the tools they need, and they ought to be able to figure out that maybe Mike and Ron are not the best trainers for Max. He needs to be able to do this his own way, and to me, it seems like, while I know he loves his family, that being around Ron and Mike now just makes him feel even more like a failure than ever.

I wouldn't mind a 'second chance' season so much, but I really don't think it's a good idea. If people can't handle it, and don't make the most of their opportunity, then I don't really want to see them again. TBL is not the only option they have, and it's ridiculous to think that this is the only way these people can lose weight. There are other 'fat camps' out there in the world. There are personal trainers and dietitians all over the place, as well as Doctors, who can advise someone on a weight loss program. It's just a matter of doing it. And if they can't make themselves do it, even after spending even a brief time on the ranch, then I don't think more time will help. It might for some, but for those, I think they will still be successful, eventually. But now for someone like David, I can see a second chance making more sense. He never really seems to get it, and as he gets older, and if he doesn't lose more weight, I'm sure he will regret how he wasted this opportunity.

Marty, I'm with you. I'd love to see some sort of "Relatives of Previous Contestants" type season. I was just saying that to someone at work, how I'd love to see Max and the girl's father. I totally forgot about S & P's family, but ya, maybe one of their brothers. It would be cool having a season where we're already somewhat connected to the players.

As for Max, I think time on the ranch is exactly what he needs. Mike was a little boy with huge issues also (so was Danny) before going on the ranch. I think getting away from all of his newly trim relatives might be good for him.... where he can get the help and confidence he needs... find that inner strength. I'd be really excited to see this sort of a season.