Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Ron and Mike... Father and Son... MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

Ivy - Regarding the last three paragraphs... you are right. Which is why I am looking forward to seeing Ron's reaction when Mike confronts him in the next episode. If he breaks down and cries and apologizes for empowering the two kids, I will forgive him. If he doesn't want to own up to his part in it and gets upset, then I will probably call him more words than anybody else here. It might not be outloud, but they will be running in my mind and I will be so angry that I will be reduced to having wild sex with my husband to alleviate my anger and relieve the stress. *stops and blinks* Okay... so maybe I want Ron to be a jerk. :P

Ron and Mike-- the most sanctimonious team on the show, period. Probably moreso than the crying cousins.

Wow...just wow that he lied to Kristin and said he didn't know. She'd be hurt, but own up to how you played the game...she'd respect that in the end.

Based on what Kristen said as she was leaving the elimination table...she knew right then that although Ron kept his word to her about his vote...Ron didn't have her back like he said he would.

I can't blame Mike for wanting to eliminate his competition...it is a game for a good deal of money. I do think that Ron could have been more upfront with Kristen though before the elimination and give her a clue that he would support Mike's decision to vote her out rather than his being sneaky and going behind her back like he did. Kristen and Ron seemed to have a strong friendship...and friends just don't lie to each other like he did to her. One more of the many reasons I really don't like Ron.

Ron just bugs the crap out of me. Game comes before friendship in my book but he is so controlling of this game. He seems to have always decided who goes one way or another. I just pray he goes below the line again and they kick his ass out.

I'm sorry, but if that were my kid up there I would lie to ANYONE if that's what it was going to take... I don't understand why people aren't thinking about that part of the whole thing... This is a father working for his child... Although I do think that they might be working for first and second place...

I agree Yana. I would do anything for my children. Period, end of story. Mike was up front that his vote was for game. I respect that. I don't know why Ron bothered lying about not knowing. Duh. I don't know why Kristin or anybody else would trust someone else in this game. You can only trust that they will not vote out the person who is not the biggest threat.

I'm sorry, but if that were my kid up there I would lie to ANYONE if that's what it was going to take... I don't understand why people aren't thinking about that part of the whole thing... This is a father working for his child... Although I do think that they might be working for first and second place...

Well I would do anything for my kids too, but it wasn't necessary to lie. He could have just been straight about it. She had no power to change anything that was going to happen. And if he wants to work so hard for his kid, he should have been looking out for them all those years that they were learning terrible eating habits and becoming morbidly obese. I know genetics probably played some part in that, but all the fast food and junk - that he could have helped them learn to control.

only 1 more chance left to get rid of 1 of them. looks like 1 of em at least will be a finalist. i cant believe ron made it all the way through. *throws up*

What about his morbidly obese son Max at home? He's done all he can for Mike, he should have gone home 3 weeks ago when he was up for elimination to take care of his other son. If he's truly thinking about helping his children, and not just about the money, he'd be home working on Max by now. I can't stand him and when he sat there and said in front of everyone "my son will win", my middle finger went up and directly towards the TV, along with the words that go with that gesture.

I don't disagree Jersey, that's why I said that I do think they are going for first and second place... I just think that he feels that with the money it will be easier for all of his family to stay healthy... I'm not saying it's right, not at all, but I think that's what he's thinking...

Ron needs to go!!! :outfitted_pirate:

Again I don't disagree...

I can't stand him and when he sat there and said in front of everyone "my son will win", my middle finger went up and directly towards the TV, along with the words that go with that gesture.

I find myself doing this too, and not always at Ron. But that was definitely a moment to use that particular obscene gesture, at the television. The way he said it -- cringe, shudder-- who does he think he is?

But those idiots keep him around as what...a father figure?

But Kristen had no business acting like it was wrong of them to want to be there for the money. I certainly hope that was not the only reason. And why is it such a huge deal to go home then, for Kristen, if she didn't want to win the money as well. None of them have that much more time on the ranch. They're all going to have to go home. And at this point, they should all be ready. If they're not, then they have wasted an opportunity.

There's nothing inherently evil about wanting to win the money. But for that to be your sole motivation, makes it unlikely you will do what's necessary to keep the weight off. Mike shouldn't necessarily think he's going to win -- especially now, since now, everyone else ought to want him gone, and I would think he would be gone at the first possible opportunity, should it present itself. Even Filipe, I would think, would want Mikey out of here.

To me, the big question about Ron is, did he want Mike on the ranch to get him healthy, or to win money? The answer could be both-- saying first and foremost to get healthy, and if we should happen to have a chance to win, great. But we never hear that from these guys -- but we don't hear that from any of them. All who are at the ranch at this point, are seeing those dollar signs in their eyes. They are all acting like it would kill them to have to go home.

I don't Ron or Mike, for wanting to win. They may just be confidently optimistic. Or they may be complete tools who feel like they have this game in the bag. But I really don't like either of them, because of the conversation Ron had with Kristen, then the subsequent conversation he had with Mike. I didn't like how Ron told Mike what to do, like Mike couldn't figure it out for himself. And then, Mike still asked Ron if it was Ok for him to vote out Kristen. That seemed weird to me. Like Mike really is too stupid to think for himself, or allows Ron to do all his thinking for him. I don't care for the lying, because if wasn't necessary, but what really bugged me was the control Ron has over Mike. I thought he tried to influence him, but it doesn't seem like Mike needs that -- he just needs to be told what to do.

Now I'm starting to think he really did flip a coin to pick a trainer. Ron didn't tell him exactly what to do-- so he didn't know what else to do.

And-- both Jillian and Bob bugged me, after the weigh in -- Jillian with how Kristen and Helen kill themselves in the gym, and Bob with his ' these are 2 women who don't deserve to be there'. Well, who doesn't kill themselves in the gym? Who does deserve to be there? Somebody's got to go....haven't they figure that out yet?

Remember how last season Vicky's husband tried to throw himself under the bus so she would be a finalist...........and it backfired and America got rid of her and kept him. As much as I hate Ron, it would be funny to watch the same thing happen to him. But I do like Mike and it would suck for him.

Remember how last season Vicky's husband tried to throw himself under the bus so she would be a finalist...........and it backfired and America got rid of her and kept him. As much as I hate Ron, it would be funny to watch the same thing happen to him. But I do like Mike and it would suck for him.

It was Heba's husband. Vicky's husband Brady was eliminated about mid season.

It was Heba's husband. Vicky's husband Brady was eliminated about mid season.

You're SO right - thank you! My memory sucks! LOL

And I do think that's what would happen. If Ron and Mike are below yellow, they will send Mike packing. Won't they?? Surely they won't do what Ron wants...

And after Mike and Ron's over confident attitudes, I would be really disappointed if they played the 'Mike needs to be here more' card. I've over it --hopefully enough game has been played, they are all over that by now.

If we get to vote then my vote would be for Tara mostly because I can't stand Ron. Both Mike and Tara are my favorites but I think Tara has worked the hardest and been the best competitor.

I think Ron should have left a while back. He has done nothing in the competitions and he was only there to help Mike win.

If you ask me, people at the ranch didn't keep Ron around because of his "manipulations" or Ron supposedly being "the godfather". They kept him around because they knew he had bad knees, was unable to exercise at higher levels, and they figured he was an easy one to beat. They haven't been able to eliminate Mike because the only time he fell below the yellow line was way earlier in the game before the hardcore strategy kicked in.

So if Ron makes it to the final 4, its because they kept him there because they simply don't view him as a threat. So their whining about him "controlling the game" is just ridiculous because they have had MORE than enough opportunities to send him home and haven't. So I think people should blame the other competitors and not Ron because its not his fault they were stupid.

there might be 4 finalists this year instead of 3. the previews did say this was the last week on the ranch

I know.. Im hoping they send 2 people home..

yeah..two people under the line leave.. Im hoping its brown of course.. But whatev.