Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Kristin and Cathy... Mother and Daughter... MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

Kristin: kristin.png

Starting weight around 360 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 48 pounds...

Mother & Daughter Team

Bob's Team

Height: 5'6"

Hometown: Greenville, WI

Although Kristin has struggled with her weight most of her life, she has tried her best to not let that stand in the way of what she wants. Kristin is married to her high school sweetheart. They have been together for over 13 years and are more than ready to start their family, but now she finds that her excessive weight is the only thing standing in her way. As a self-employed business owner she is natural leader and is not afraid to take challenges head on. With her entrepreneurial lifestyle, she has moved a healthy diet and exercise to the bottom of her priorities. She is an emotional eater and turns to food in stressful situations. Kristin needs to re-program herself to get her weight under control before her biological clock runs out. With the unconditional love and support of her mother, combined with her desire to start a family, together they will let nothing and no one get in their way.

Cathy and Kristin's vibrant personalities and commitment to each other combined with their fiercely competitive nature make them top contenders for Season 7. Humor, raw emotion and determination are a sure bet from this mother-daughter team. They are playing to win it all and will have a good time.

Cathy: cathy.png

Starting weight around 290 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 12 pounds...

Mother & Daughter Team

Bob's Team

Height: 5'8"

Hometown: Shiocton, WI

Despite her weight, Cathy lives a fairly active life. Cathy is young at heart, but the older her body becomes, the more difficult it is for her to do the things she loves. Cathy's struggle with her weight has been progressive over the last ten years. Recently both of Cathy's parents were hospitalized due to heart conditions. She realizes the excessive weight around her midsection must come off soon before she finds herself in the same situation and fears the same for her daughter, Kristin. With Kristin at her side, she knows together they will do whatever it takes to transform their lives forever.

Cathy and Kristin's vibrant personalities and commitment to each other combined with their fiercely competitive nature make them top contenders for Season 7. Humor, raw emotion and determination are a sure bet from this mother-daughter team. They are playing to win it all and will have a good time.

I had to look at the ages to see which was the mother..... the daughter looks old for 28.

Yes she does and she also has 70 pounds more than her Mom too...

they would have left. But I kinda like them.. i would rather the brown team leave before them.

My husband and I think Kristin did the "drinking water right before the weigh in" trick. This way, because she has immunity, she can register a little weight gain and then turn around next week and have incredible numbers. Which would keep them safe for yet another week. Her nervousness at getting on the scale seemed a little bit faked to me. I think she was more scared about people calling her out for her trickery, or the water registering a really high weight gain.

Who gains weight after a week of hard core diet and exercise?

It's a game. It's a waste to lose big numbers when you have immunity. I would drink that water.

In Australia you lose immunity if you gain weight... wish they would do that here

Can't wait for these 2 to go home..... the mother and her water loading daughter need to go

I agree. I wish they would either bring that rule here, or else just do away with immunity all together. To me, losing it if you gain is enough to keep people pretty careful. But I'm not sure how this would have worked, since combined they did have a loss. But anyway--- yes, she certainly did water load. I don't know if I blame them that much. It is good strategy. But I don't like it when they go overboard, and then act like they don't understand -- omg-- what happened?

If you're going to do it, own it. I would respect that much more than the fake disappointment over gaining.

I do think though, that her weight loss for next week should be from where she started at before her gain. I'm not sure if I'm saying this clearly, but I don't think she should be able to lose the same 2 pounds twice. Or anyone, for that matter.

I will never forget Neil, and how everyone was oohhing and aahhing over his 30 something pound weight loss, after a week where he had gained 17 pounds water loading. Come on -- that shouldn't be in the record books

I was thinking about that too Ivy.... maybe if they gain weight when they have immunity they should get a weight penalty for that amount next week.....

Misha, I thought that too and I think it's brilliant on her part. I love the girl and her amazing spirit. If she wants to water load for the one week that she knows she's safe to ensure she sticks around another week to save her life, then all the power to her.

This girl works her butt off and puts forth more effort than most there. At her size especially, that's just incredible to me. I don't think she's playing the game in the sense that she wants to win the money. I think she really wants to better herself, challenge herself, and push past her own personal limits. The reason they won immunity last night was because she couldn't handle losing to the green team again. Kristin has goals that are beyond the money and for her, it's like there's a whole other game/objective going on. Again, if she did water load last night, it was smart for her to do so knowing she probably wouldn't have immunity again, and this is a girl who actually WANTS to be there, so she's doing what she has to do to ensure that.

I love Tara, but can't handle Laura's whining. I'd rather they leave before Kristin and her mom.

I love the mom fron the pink team, but think her daughter is sabotaging them because she's too lazy to work. I'd rather them go before the purple team as well.

And...I like Audrey, but think Mandi is an excuse making wuss... they should also go before the purple team...a team where BOTH the players actually want to be there and show they do every week.

Side note, I really think they need to check Kristin's metabolism. With the way she's working, you would think she'd be losing more.

this is a game for money.. Why wouldnt you water logg.. everybody here would cheer against me cause i would win immunity, and water logg myself.

I would only cheer against you if you acted like you didn't. I completely get why they water load. You can pretty much guarantee the next week as well, if you water load. I wouldn't mind seeing them lose immunity of they gained, so they couldn't go too crazy ( Neil, for example), and that makes the strategy a little more risky.

I'm not sure why anyone who water loads is so hated. I think most of them would do the same thing. It's just strategy -- game play. So why won't they just admit it? Why the fake drama?

you are playing for ALOT of money, AND your health.. And if you water load with immunity, it doesnt matter that week cause your still there anyways.. then the next week you can lose it just like that and some making you well above the line.. So I would do it every single time.. no doubt.. i dont care if people in the chatrooms root Against me.

you are playing for ALOT of money, AND your health.. And if you water load with immunity, it doesnt matter that week cause your still there anyways.. then the next week you can lose it just like that and some making you well above the line..

yes we all know that

I hate to say this... but I thought of another potential reason for a weight gain that has nothing to do with water logging.

It's possible... just possible that umm... she's umm... retaining water due to a certain ailment that afflicts all women at least once a month?

:unsure:

Misha.. shh... we dontmention that stuff in these boards..

Ha, Just kidding.. But Green team did it too when they won immunity..

I don't like the purple team.

just don't

I don't dislike them... :shrugs: I don't really know how I feel about them... Indiffrenet I guess...

I don't like them either. One or both can go anytime.

Yana.. I dont dislike them.. But I do dislike others.. thats why I want them to stay longer.. so the people I don't like can leave.