Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Daniel and David... Best Friends... MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

Daniel: daniel.png

Starting weight around 457 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 60 pounds (we know it's 101 pounds, but officially it's 60 pounds...)

Best Friends Team

Jillian's Team

Height: 5'8"

Hometown: Willow Spring, NC

Daniel is an intellectual and caring person with an extraordinary character and attitude towards life. He always strives to do his best in everything. He also loves his friends dearly and is a great friend to have because he tries to put others before himself. However, this is sometimes detrimental to Daniel and his weight-loss efforts. He is a very competitive person who hates to lose at anything, although he would not mind losing a lot of weight! The weight is a big hindrance to him in his life.

These two best friends have struggled with weight all their lives and are both the only member of their families who are overweight. Daniel and David were both linemen on their high school football team. They are ultra-competitive and will stop at nothing to stay above the yellow line.

David: david.png

Starting weight 390 lbs. Weight Loss as of 1/27 16 pounds... ( See above...)

Best Friends Team

Jillian's Team

Height: 6'0"

Hometown: Fuquay-Varina, NC

David has made it a point in his life to not let his weight hold him back. Rather than being victimized by his weight problem, he looks for fun times, is not afraid of going out, and even conquered his fear of going shirtless to the pool. David's competitive nature is well known by his friends. He hates to lose and will fight diligently to succeed at what he sets out to do. One of David's biggest problems with losing weight is his love of comfort and hatred of change. Eating unhealthy foods and not exercising is comfortable, but losing the weight would require a dramatic change of lifestyle for David, making it difficult for him to keep up.

These two best friends have struggled with weight all their lives and are both the only member of their families who are overweight. Daniel and David were both linemen on their high school football team. They are ultra-competitive and will stop at nothing to stay above the yellow line.

457 pounds at any age is not okay, but at 19? OMG, this kid really needs help, and now. He is on the road to a very early grave.

That's so true Sugar... I really feel sorry for him, and hope he can make a change at the ranch, not just lose weight... Ya know what I mean???

I'm sorry, but how does a parent allow this to happen? How do you let your child weight a quarter ton?

On a side note, with such young competitors this season, I wonder if the show will offer the families some counseling or tips at least?

Well, at being at such a young age, his body will probably lose the weight faster.... only a year younger than I am and I'm a fraction of that weight. Holy Weight Gain, Batman.

Wow those are some BIG BOYS!

I am so glad Dan got to stay. I hope he goes all the way and I can't wait to see the weight loss transformation.

He really seems excited and motivated right now. I hope he can keep it up and really change his life. So young, and so much living to do if he can just turn it around.

Almost, but not quite. He's two inches taller and 60 some pounds lighter, that's a significant difference.

These two are my pick to win, one the show, one for most weight lost at home. I have no doubt that under proper supervision and in a highly structured environment, these kids will shine. I was so impressed with how positive they were. They really do seem like very caring people and I hope people are able to concentrate on the abundance of their spirits and not their bodies. It takes a smack load of courage to do what they're doing and in front of the world... hats off to them. I pray they succeed.

I am so glad it wasn't Dan that went home. I can't wait to see how he looks in the Finale. This year the people seem to have more heart. I love the way they seem to support and are thoughtful with each other.

For some reason I want to see this team go to the end. Well Dan for sure.

Orange team.. im disapoited.. i understand its hard. but come on.. its for your life,and money!

What are you talking about little king?

every episode it shows people back at home, and the first week he was home it showed him eat french fries and 3 hotdogs.. then this week it showed him eating fried chicked... im pretty sure thats not part of any good diet.

Then you should say David I am disappointed in you not Orange team. I really hope Dan does not go home next week. I want him to be one of the biggest success stories TBL has ever seen.

I agree Marty...

Sorry, I will be more specific next time..

but as for Dan staying, it wouldnt bother me if he went home..

I mean, they ALWAYS lose weight when they go home.. if he does leave this next week, he would have been at the ranch for a month, so i know he would be encouraged enough to keep after it..

Brown team needs to be there to you know..

-

Im not saying I want him to leave, but it wouldnt bother me. personally i think the brown team has more spirit, and more drive then dan does.

I noticed on this week's show (Jan 20), the orange team didn't participate in the temptation. Did I miss something? Did they mention why?

Edit: Found the answer in Alison Sweeney's blog:

"A couple people posted asking about where Dan (orange team) was during the temptation at the beginning of the episode. Dr. H does regular check ups on all the contestants, and he had a few questions he needed to follow up with Dan. So Dan chose to excuse himself from the temptation so he could get some tests done. It all turned out fine, and he came back after a few hours, but with so much else to cover with the busy episode, there just wasn't room to squeeze in the whole explanation of Dan's absence."

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

The Biggest Loser's Dan on Life After the Ranch

Jan 28, 2009 05:05 PM ET by Robyn Ross

At 454 pounds, Daniel Wright was the heaviest contestant in Biggest Loser history. He quickly proved that he was in it to win it -- if only his partner, David, had felt the same. Instead, David made it clear that he would rather continue his weight-loss journey at home. Just one week shy of the return of the at-home contestants, Daniel was voted out. TVGuide.com asked the 19-year-old student about his favorite healthy recipe and how it felt to have a "5 foot-nothing" woman terrify him. The Biggest Loser: Couples airs Tuesdays at 8pm/ET on NBC.

TVGuide.com: How did it feel to find out that while you were working your butt off at the ranch, Dave was at home eating fried foods and smoking?

Dan Wright: I know how hard it is to try to [lose weight] at home. I've tried for years and I haven't been successful yet. So my heart was just hurt knowing that he was going through the same struggles that I had been going through a month earlier.

TVGuide.com: What's the biggest lesson you learned on the ranch?

Wright: To understand what food is, and to put it in its place. I use it as a crutch. The ranch helped me realize that I can turn to completely different things

He still has planty of time till the finale.. he can only lose so much in that much time.