Sign in to follow this  
morty

The Biggest Loser: Couples: MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

It doesn't make sense that they would want to keep him around, keep losing their own members, only to "eventually" eliminate him. It makes more sense to get rid of him now, ensure the stronger black team members who will likely win the show leave now to secure yourself later.

Pinkie, I feel ya. Should have been a black team member going home. And if it had to be blue, should have been Ron. But Mandi and Aubrey are the outsiders on that team. No way they are going to crack that bond. The blue team will just slowly do themselves in. I just hope that Aubrey and Kristin can survive to the end.

Well I don't feel that way.... I still like black team and am hoping they win..... blue team is just to damn dumb to root for.... Ron should have gone end of story

Eventually though it will be teamless and down to individuals. Why would you want to keep people you know are stronger than you around when you have a chance to knock them out now, before you even get to that point...former team members or not, there's only one biggest loser :P

Wonder if when they get to individuals will old alliances hold, or will they still divide at colors?

Im still so mad at Ron and the somoains..

Jillian had every right to blow up at them too... sorry you got seperated from your little buddy, bob..

And WTF when they said "Jillian is all about the game, when Im over here i think about my family"

THATS BULLCRAP..

I never once heard Jillian tell her team who to vote off so her team has a better chance.. Bullcrap!

Wow Filipe is such a turd. To blame Jillian for his own screwing up is just wrong. I used to like him but he is such an idiot. Filepe and Simone are still attached to Bob's titty and that is just so stupid. I have no respect for people that don't take any personal responsibility.

I really wish that Ron would go home. He is just dragging the team down in challenges. His smug comment that Mandi has to go. These people should just play as individuals.

Bob is wrong for not sending Filipe and Simone them right back to Jillian. Bob is an idiot!

I agree with everyone that Filipe was a big baby...he should take responsibility for his success/failures. The adult thing to do in his situation would have been to talk to Jillian when he noticed he wasn't getting the attention he wanted...to let her know there was a problem. She'd have dealt with it and fixed it then. The over-attachment to Bob is just ridiculous too...I can understand having a preference to one trainer over the other...but come on...suck it up and deal with the switch already...Jillian is an excellent trainer too.

If I were Bob...I don't think I'd have immediately taken Filipe and Sione back without at least talking to Jillian first....to see if there was a chance they could resolve their differences. It really is not fair to the blue team to have to share their trainer with the competition...it is still a game. I don't think Filipe would have ever backed down though and gone back to Jillian...going back to my initial reaction to him...big baby! :baby: Jillian and him would only have continued to butt heads...and I'm not blaming Jilllian for it either.

I was really ticked to see the black team win after the all the smack they were talking and food/drinks they devoured. The blue team really has been at a disadvantage since the switch...Cathy is not a powerhouse...Ron has bad knees and has trouble competing and losing weight...Kristen is the heaviest woman and hasn't competed in the challenges...leaving everything up to Aubrey and Mandi...and then they get screwed in the end. How/why did she gain 2 pounds?! Ugh...I've been pulling for the blue team because they are disadvantaged...but it's not going to be easy liking them much longer...and then on the opposite side...Filipe really bugs me now!

I'm looking forward to individuals...I'll be rooting for Mike, Helen, Kristen and maybe Sione.

I believe Jillian had every right to give her team a verbal lashing. They deserved it. While they ate, drank and were merry, she was thinking of ways to motivate and get the pounds off them. They know who Jillian is and I don't think they expected her to high-five them when she learned what they did.

Until last night, Felipe and Sione were two of my favorites. But I thought Felipe

Does anyone know why they held back Kristen from the challenges for medical reasons? They said that the last 2 challenges. Why would they not say what was wrong?

At the same time she was working hard on the treadmill and didn't seem to have any medical issues.

I am confused.

I am still angry about the baby Filipe last night and if he had a problem he should have talked to Jillian like a "man" and not just stewed about it because he was looking for reasons to rag on Jillian. This Bob love is so stupid.

Last night's show was one for the books. I don't think I've ever seen anyone indulge so much in their luxury reward. They were arrogant and figured there was no way they could lose, so why not... but.... they ought to have known better. I can understand the eating -- but not tequila shots, and for crying out loud -- smoking? We all have to eat, but no one has to drink alcohol and smoke. If you had made a habit of either of these things, wouldn't it be easier to just not do it at all? I get that everyone needs to cut lose once in awhile, but when you are in a weight loss competition, and the weigh in is in a few days, maybe you should try to order the healthiest thing on the menu, which would still be a treat because someone else was making it for you. I don't get where their minds were at all.

I don't blame Jillian for being upset with them. For crying out loud-- they didn't just eat a cookie, or a cheeseburger. They went nuts. Like she said -- if they don't care, why should she? If they can't resist one night, what are they going to do out in the real world? Do they think they're going to live on the ranch forever?

Filipe can go. Baby. Gross. Sione? I really wish he had the nerve to not follow Filipe out the door. I don't really think he wanted to -- I think he felt like he had to stand with Filipe, no matter what.

And if Jillian didn't work him out and give him the one on one time he wanted, I can't really blame her either. He made it abundantly clear he did not want her for his trainer. He probably would have had a sucky attitude. I bet she would have gotten to him eventually, but figured she ought to give him his space for awhile and let him get to know her a little better.

Ron sucks too. He contributes nothing, but appears to be in control. I really thought he was going to volunteer to go last night, but instead he decrees, ' It's Mandi's turn to go", like he's the Grand Poobaa of the blue team, or something. The blue team obviously does not care about keeping their team strong. I suppose they are just hoping to become individual, before they run out of team.

Kristen can annoy me at times, but then she comes up with 'may the best woman win', and I can't help but laugh.

I hate to resurrect this dead horse, but Mandi gains 2 pounds, and it's because of stress overload. I'll buy that. But Joelle gains a pound, and is the lazy no good spawn of Satan. I understand it was an attitude thing, but I can still hear Aubrey's self-righteous tone taken with Joelle. They all acted like they would never be in a situation where they gained weight--- that if you do the work and eat right you will lose weight. Well, you will, but it might not show every week on the scale, as we have seen every season of this show. I was no Joelle fan, but was appalled at how vicious they were to her.

And now we get a different kind of villain in Filipe. I wonder if he is being set up for some kind of redemption arc.

But I tell you who needs a redemption arc, and that is Bob. When a kid throws a fit, says they hate mom and dad, and they don't understand them, and runs to good old Uncle Bob, Uncle Bob needs to calm them down and listen, but then be firm and send them back to Mom and Dad. duh Bob-- you now have your own Big Baby Boys Club. Barf.

Kristen can annoy me at times, but then she comes up with 'may the best woman win', and I can't help but laugh.

I thought that was halarious!..

My least favs.

Filipe

Ron

Simone.

Bob

Oh, there are several things I want to say today in response to last nights episode. Some things are personal because I am currently on the path to losing some serious weight myself. I was smart and went to the doctor before beginning of course. Deciding to lose that kind of weight has to be a change of life style, not something you do for 6 months and then revert back to your old ways. Do I think it is okay to cheat on a diet? Actually, yes, I do. As long as it is a reasonable cheat and not a binge-fest. For Valentine's dinner, my husband and I shared a desert. I still ordered unsweetened tea and sweetened it with Splenda. I still ordered fresh steamed vegetables with dinner rather than creamed veggies. A month later, my best friend had a birthday and we took her out to dinner. I ordered the best that I could for dinner, drank iced tea with Splenda, but I indulged in another desert. I shared that dessert with my husband. So even my "cheating" was not huge. I've been offered pie, truffles, and much more at my relatives house, but turned those down. I've taken salad ingredients and chicken to a barbecue so I could avoid potato chips and hamburgers. I don't exercise at their rate, but I lost 9 pounds my first month and am currently on a path to lose a similar amount this month.

So when I see these people who have been given the best medical care, the best trainers, and the best opportunity to really lose their weight and change their lives indulging in what can only be called a binge-fest, I AM PISSED OFF!!!! I sooooooo wanted black team to lose that weigh-in. I still am rooting for an eventual win from Mike, but I wanted them to lose to wake their asses up! I think the four that stuck with Jillian accepted their part in the binge-fest and realized that they were wrong. But Filipe only wants to blame others. He couldn't go to Jillian like a man and talk with her regarding his feelings. He waited until she was calling him to the carpet to throw it back in her face so he wouldn't have to face up to his own actions. I am beginning to think that the problem was not so much with being called out on his actions, but the simple fact that he didn't appreciate it coming from Jillian (a woman). He loves Bob because he feels like a "MAN" doing a "MANLY WORKOUT". Only a MAN can push him to his limits.

I am seriously praying that when the black team loses the weigh in (even if all of the blue team has been eliminated, they would still need to eliminate 2 players), they eliminate BOTH of the cousins. Maybe I will change my mind later if they apologize to Jillian and come to their senses, but until then... screw em.

Ron has made it no secret that his goal is to ensure Mike winning. I do understand why he felt that out of Aubrey and Mandi, Mandi should be the one to go home. Aubrey has more children and had very little success in dieting at home. He was apparently right, because Mandi seems to be doing very well and I am proud of her and the sacrifice that she made for her sister. Blue team is stupid, but Ron was the tie breaker. He either paired with Aubrey and Mandi to send Kristin or Kathy home, or vice versa. IF Ron is intelligent, he will team up with the remaining person to try to break up the mother-daughter pair. But I suspect that he won't. He just wants to eliminate the strongest competitors against his son.

I even suspect that he will be vital in the black team deciding to eliminate Filipe and Sione. If he's REALLY smart, he will tell them about the twins who won both the $100,000 prize and the $250,000 prize. Its best to get rid of those two who seem to be unstoppable now. I don't know if he will do that though, because they used to be teammates. We shall see.

In the meantime... Bob is lowest on my totem pole. Though, didn't one of Kim's team members throw a hissy fit and leave the red team to join Jillian's black team? Did Jillian send her back?

Misha, you may just be my new favourite poster. Between that response and your one in Idol I bow to you!

:notworthy:

You may be surprised to hear this, but I don't just get on my knees for anyone ;)

Jillian didn't send her back. I think that was the last season that had Kim as a trainer. The reason she left Kim was because Kim said they needed to vote her off if they wanted their team to be stronger.

You may be surprised to hear this, but I don't just get on my knees for anyone

thats not what I heard... :0

Misha, you may just be my new favourite poster. Between that response and your one in Idol I bow to you!

:notworthy:

You may be surprised to hear this, but I don't just get on my knees for anyone ;)

Awww... I blush. :blush:

I also :sing:

and :crybaby: at sad movies

and :party_smilie: with my friends

and :stirthepot: from time to time

but my husband likes it best when I :notworthy: and :food-smiley-005:

Hehehe...

So on last night's show the day after they were paired up head to head, they showed Aubrey & Mandi at the computers entering their food and Bob comes along. I noticed that the date on the screen was December 18th, which is one week before Christmas... so, I'm wondering did they let everyone go home for a couple days at Christmas? Maybe this "week" was actually a little longer than normal, and a few days at home for everybody over the holidays might explain the bad week everyone had?

Also, I don't think it's very smart for Bob to randomly give Mandi & Aubrey a 140-calorie snack which wasn't pre-planned into their daily calorie intake. People who are seriously keeping track of their calories, as they do on TBL, usually can't afford to sneak in an extra 140 calories when they haven't planned for it that day.

I know I am going to be hated for this, but here goes...

The cousins don't want to work out with Jillian, because she works their tail ends off, and Bob goes easier on them... Come on guys admit it... Let's just break it down why don't we...

Season 1: Winner Ryan, lost 122 pounds, trainer = Jillian... Ryan went from 330 pounds to 208 finale night... Second place was Gary, with Bob as his trainer, losing 71 pounds, and going from 227 pounds to 156 pounds...

Season 2: Winner Matt, lost 157 pounds, trainer = Jillian... Matt went from 339 pounds to 182... Second place was Seth, trained by Jillian, losing 168 pounds, going from 291 to 168...

Season 3: Winner Erik, lost 214 pounds, trainer = Bob... Erik went from 407 to 193... Second place was Kai, trained by Jillian, losing 118 pounds, going from 262 to 144...

Season 4: Winner Bill, lost 164 pounds, trainer = Jillian... Bill went from 334 to 204... Second place was Julie, trained by Jillian, losing 97 pounds, going from 218 to 121...

Season 5: Winner Ali, lost 112 pounds, trainer = Jillian... Ali went from 234 to 122... Second place was Rodger, trained by Bob, losing 164 pounds, going from 363 to 199...

Season 6: Winner Michelle, lost 110 pounds, trainer = Jillian... Michelle went from 242 to 132... Second place was Ed, trained by Bob, losing 196 pounds, going from 335 to 196...

Season 7: Winner Unknown...

Special edition: week one winners: Muha family, trainer = Jillian losing a total for the whole family of 219 pounds with 3 members, Bob's team also had 3 members and lost a total of 144 total for the whole family...

week two winners: Steve & Sarah, trainer = Jillian losing a total of 170 pounds for the couple, Bob's team lost 133 pounds for the couple...

week three winners: Senti Family, trainer = Bob losing a total of 242 pounds for the family of 4, Jillian's team lost 169 pounds for the family of 4...

week four winners: Bruce & Kimberly, trainer = Jillian losing a total of 154 pounds for the couple, Bob's tream lost 111 pounds for the couple...

week five winners: Navy Wives, trainer = Bob losing a total of 151 pounds for the team of 4, Jillian's team losing 125 pounds for the team of 4...

week six winners: Tofanellis family (by over 100 pounds), trainer = Jillian losing a total of 298 pounds for the team of 4, Bob's team losing 185 pounds for the team of 4...

Jillian's winners have lost a total of 1247 pounds...

Bob's winners have lost a total of 607 pounds...

Now that's just for the American show... I don't have a clue about the Aussie version of the show, as they don't tell which teams trained with which trainer... Still it's clear to me who's the better trainer, if you really want to lose weight, and be pushed, and not be babied, and allowed not to work your hardest...

So that's 13 people or teams trained by each of the two trainers, and it works out like this Bob's people have won three times VS. Jillian's people have won 10 times...Why do you think Bob wants to win so dadgum bad?

As far as Ron goes, well, he is doing what he's doing for his son in my opinion... He's losing weight, just as much as Sione, so his numbers help, not as much as some of the others, this is true, but I think his team is thinking more along the lines that he will be easier to beat if it comes down to it, and that's not a dumb decision... Believe me, if I were in his shoes, and trying to keep my son in a game to win that much money, I would say whatever I had to, to get the stronger people voted off, and me staying there... These people ain't stupid, they know what they are doing... This is of course my opinion, and you are entitled to agree or disagree with me :)...

I'm late adding my two cents, cause I just got to watch the show this morning...

As I had said in another thread....Kristin is so reminding me of Vicky from the last couples show. Not a great fan of hers here....not for Vicky either. Just some of the things she says it reminds me "High School"!!!

She thought they had it made in the Face Off. Guess she was wrong!! To much of an attitude for me.

As for Sione, I can understand how he felt. Jillian did leave him out and should have worked with him even if it was just to push him along on the treadmill. She is there for her ENTIRE team. They are the black team now and need to work together. Bob didn't seem to be upset about all of it. Yes, they do need the support and if Bob has to give it to them for a work out than good for him. Jillian is now their tranier and I think it needs to change and they all need just to "make up"!!

Jillian is a proven winner. That is for sure. If I had to work out with her I would be in tears too!!

We will see what happens next week!!

I think Sione made it more than clear he didn't want her training him, and I think Jillian was giving him space to come to terms with the switch... I don't see that as a bad thing... Maybe he needed more from her, but I really think this was just Sione's way to get back to working out with Bob... Being Samoan they don't take kindly to a woman telling them what to do...

The Relative Status of Women and Men. Historically, Samoa has been a male-dominated society. Women exert a great deal of behind-the-scenes power. Professional and authoritative positions are held mostly by men, but women occupy important roles in some government agencies and businesses and in some cases serve as matai.

Personally I think they just couldn't handle Jillian telling them what to do, and it showed in the way they treated her and reacted to the change... They ran to Bob before they even gave her a chance to work them out... Again this is just my opinion and you are entitled to agree or disagree with me on any of it...

If I was jillian (Whatta thought, hmmm)

If I was Jillian I wouldnt work him out either.. he has been treating her like crap from day 1 he was on her team, and is rude... he never gave her a chance.. So I would have given up on him too...

I still can't believe how he blamed her for his weight scale... she didnt make him eat those other chickenstrips!!