Sign in to follow this  
morty

The Biggest Loser: Couples: MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

I think that is what I have the most problem with Helen. If Mike had won, I imagined him helping to pay for his college career or even giving his brother lifetime membership at the gym or something just terrific. If Tara had won, I don't know what she would have spent it on, but I would have been happy for her because she had really earned the title with her spirit throughout the competition.

With Helen, I imagine her spending it on herself. After all, she wanted to stay over her daughter and she just seems very selfish to me. So I just think it will go for vain purposes. Blah. Next season please.

Misha I agree

If you go back an watch the show from start to finish you will she how self absorbed Helen is. Even during the finale she doesn't seem to notice anyone else in the room but herself and striking the right pose to look her slimmest. Yes I see the money being spent on cosmetic stuff for Helen.

The more I think about it I wish Mike had won because the money would go for his schooling and be of very good use. I think about about Tara giving her mother her kitchen makeover and Mike giving Aubry the food for a year and he was always very generous. I just always saw more heart in Mike and Tara.

Yeah, I don't like it when a contestant, or people here on message boards, start talking about who needs the money more, or that someone will be more noble with it than others..... She won the money -- she can spend it on whatever she wants.

The only thing that slightly disappoints me about Helen and her win, is that she did mention somewhere that she wants to be a motivational speaker. Oy! Please no more. Why do so many people think they can make a career out of that? I'm more impressed by those who go forward and actually become trainers themselves. They walk the walk, and not just talk the talk. Not that by being a motivational speaker, Helen wouldn't keep up with her fitness, but that kind of stuff is just lame to me. I'm sure she'll be asked to give the occasional speech, but I don't think it should be her life. Plus-- could you really stand to listen to that Helen/Stuart Smalley kind of garbage for too long? I think that was his name-- the Al Franken SNL character who would say 'I'm good enough, I"m smart enough, and gosh darnit-- people like me!" Something like that -- and I think it's been mentioned before too, that that is who Helen reminded someone of. I just didn't want to take credit for someone else's observation, even thought I don't remember where I read it...

But in any case -- puke. It was funny as and SNL skit, but not so funny when someone is seriously talking that way.

Yeah.. she did deserve it.. she can put Shannon through school..

And one reason Helen stayed is cause she was a stronger competitor..And it payed off, they not have 1/4 a million dollars.. I would be ok witht that if I were shannon..

indeed! it was obvious that Shannon was not as motivated as her mother! i read on the NBC site that Shannon wanted to leave and Hellen tried to get her to stay but they didnt show that part.