Dan & Memphis Splitting $$

BBBeach1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salutations to all!

... I was glad to see this new thread as the live threads really sound to me as if D & M's temporary giddiness was due to the two of them "figuring" out some way to just split the winnings through a loophole. (And b/c of this, they both feel like winners and are emotionally in party-mode).

Major cheers! To those who have posted insightful IRS/taxicalities and CBS rules. I don't see how they have a chance to pull this off, but I believe they will earnestly try. I'm a little sad about this, and realizing they will lose their other prizes.

Since this ain't a CBS site, I'll just say it, maaaaan:

Don't mean to sound like an ingrate, but... BigBrother/CBS? Is CHEAP! From the nonexistent boxspring of the HOH bed... to the way the HGs are responsible to replace the $5,000 microphones if the latter get damaged... to... how expensive is it to feed half the house on slop for half the show... to having to return prizes won if you win 1st or 2nd place?

How much IS that classic car worth, anyway? I'm clueless, but is it possible the car value is going to be higher than the 50K?

I think Dan is brill enough to cover bases by aiming to win final HOH. I sure hope so. If one of them is going to get screwed by not realizing they can't get away with splitting the dough, it needs to be Memphis. Dan has earned the win, imo. :footballhelmet:

Memphis' error would be to take Dan to Final 2 but I'm convinced he'll do it. That and sending Keisha out as he did.

QUESTION! -- I thread-read that Memphis said that DR told him to not tell Keisha he was going to evict her.

Can BB DO THAT??? Why didn't they edit that out of feeds if so? I thought only as AP do you get directed on actions. That is so crappy if they direct you like that. Input anyone?

And did they wash the HOH bedcover each week?

or has everyone since Jerry's Week 1 HOH get invariably inflicted with BoogerNights ala Mode?

:animated_shocking:

There's always been some kind of manipulation from BB. Hgs have come out of the DR stating so. CBS has one goal in mind...ratings and they'll do what they have to get them.

Why won't they show Jerry's vulgarities because 1) they can't and 2) because they'll lose the older audience who are so enamored to think some 75 y/o granddaddy beat out a bunch of "kids" and made it to where he is. Remember, they didn't show Renny's mood swings too or her nasty side...she did have one. So on and so forth for all the hgs. What ever they (CBS) show they think will benefit them in some way. They're not stupid.

As for the money, I think the game needs to be more difficult and the grand prize should be upped to 1 mil (difficult as in earn your food, chores and difficult comps). Take away all the extras---the winner is the winner and the same for runner-up. Why give money to a person evicted in 3rd week (as example) because the audience liked that person? Someone had to stay in the house 11 more weeks to earn their prize.

JMHO

I think if two people could communicate well enough to make a pact to split the money there would really be no way anyone could stop them if they did it down the road. It would cost them but they could split the cost; as well. I would not be surprised to learn that winnings were split or semi-split. It could be done privately with nobody the wiser. The IRS doesn't care as long as taxes are paid.

Of course the BIG problem would be if you made a pact with someone like Memphis to split it and then expected him to follow-through. ROFL. J/k

I doubt the 2 of them will really ever venture into a business together...just wishfull thinking and boredom talking right now. Life and distance will get in the way of their current pipe dreams.

It won't happen....but in the most remote case it did happen...I doubt BB could stop either of them from investing their own money into a company that they each owned. Who's to say how salaries and bonuses are paid/distributed within a company.

memphis and dan doesnt strike me as close like adam and ryan or will and boogie

it is more of an alliance of necessity

jmho

I have a party of Railroad linemen at 7:15, that I am sure is gonna keep me laughing as well as jumpin.

Fatcat, Well? Did they keep you laughing and jumpin? Being married to a Railroad Brakeman for 25 years and having been a waitress myself where they eat and drank I know all too well how they act!!

Sorry off topic...

Go Dano...Go Memphis...you entertained the hell outta me all summer!! Renegades Rule! (just hope Dano wins the big prize though!)

yea Suez, YES they did, I loved my guys, they all ordered big fat ribeyes, drank a lot of beer and had a blast, and tipped well, very nice party, I had no idea you waited tbls, really I love what I do, also sorry bout off topic.

Just got home, and I am guessing it is Dan and Memphis, well, I need to go watch the show. I am ore interested in seein the jusry house than Memphis and Dan,lol

Listen it is happening right now, It is 7 am and I had to take the dog out and even with my huge Morton Salt unbrella it is wet out there, there of course are flood warnings abound, this year has been really wet with rain.

Hey sugar, that is such a beautiful avi with the pearls and all , love it!!!

Archived