Sign in to follow this  
Dade

The Biggest Loser: Families

In a couple of weeks they will all start playing individually and then it goes to the regular time frame anyway

I'm looking forward to that - I don't really like the "family teams" concept. I would just as soon they go back to the old format of having all complete strangers playing.

I think in theory the team concept is a good idea, because if nothing else, there is at least one person in your family committed to living a healthier lifestyle after TBL. But, the team concept is a bad thing b/c if one person on your team doesn't lose enough weight, then the other person is punished by having to go home as well. So the incentive it to keep losing as much as possible until the point where everyone plays individually and anyone's failure to lose weight is placed solely on them.

Yes, they'll stop competing as teams at some point, but I still think someone will come back, or they'll introduce some secret players at some point.

Maybe this is just because I've watched all the Aussie TBL seasons on youtube, and they seem to love to bring people back on that version.

They did bring 2 people back last year.. Mark and Ali... Ali went on to win

Yep, she did. I suspect they will do something similar again this year. I agree that having the family member there is probably very motivating - they can keep each other going strong, but like was said above, if one person slacks off and the team gets voted off, it sucks for the one working hard.

Sad to see Jerry go but glad that Colleen got to stay..... it was an obvious set up for him to go home and her to stay... but I'm glad to see he has been working hard at home........

He's been doing so great at home. He still has a long way to go, but wow, what great progress. It was smart of him to work with a trainer when he got home. His daughter is going to be so proud.

Yes..... I really like Colleen.. when it sounded like she wanted him to stay and her go home I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOO.....

All the drama... all the tears. I can understand why Colleen would be upset that her dad would be going home, but to me, it was the easiest, no-brainer choice. Of course Dad needed to go home. If not, his injury would probably keep him from being as competitive, and he would probably get sent home the next week. It could still happen with Colleen, but she can at least give it her all ( or not), while Jerry would have been limited on what he could do.

I need some help though. I was wondering if anyone caught what brand of gum, turkey, and plastic bags they were using. I would love to lose a few pounds and get healthier too, and I want to use the magic brands they are using. I would hate to chew Orbit, if they are chewing Trident. I wouldn't want to use just any old turkey, or plastic bags. The ones they use must be extra special. Sure wish they would make it clear what brands they are using so those of us at home can experience the wonderful benefits of these products... :rolleyes:

I was immensely impressed with how much weight the Dad went home and lost on his own... and very glad that the daughter stuck around.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Two Part The Biggest Loser Airs This Week

October 7, 2008 08:00:47 by Joe Reality

biggest-loser-water-competition.jpg

Biggest Loser fans are in for a treat this week, as there will be two episodes of The Biggest Loser. The first episode airs on Tuesday, October 7 from 8 PM to 9 PM ET on ABC. In the first episode, one of the teams takes a trip home to surprise their loved ones.

Another of the teams utilizes a prize to spend twenty-four hours with their trainer. All of the teams face a water tower competition, which is being billed as their toughest challenge yet. One of the trainers unleashes their wrath on a group of contestants for not working out hard enough.

The second episode airs on Wednesday, October 8 from 9 PM to 10 PM. In the second episode, one group of contestants informs their trainer they are committed to stepping up their workouts.

One of the contestants engages in a heart-to-heart talk with her trainer about relationship issues with their family member. The contestants are surprised at the weigh-in, when one team has to send a family member home when they fall below the yellow line.

Photo Credit: Trae Patton/NBC

Did anyone watch this last night? Anyone, anyone, Bueller.......... Oops, sorry, I digress. I missed the show and my son forgot to tape it, so I am looking for an update before tonight's part 2. Yeah, I tried the online thing, but it's not there yet.

Nothing much really happened Sugar..... Jillian went apeshit and kicked the daughter from the purple team out of the workout room

Other than that you didn't miss much... and with the biggest loser recaps you will probably see it all again tonight anyway LOL

geez-- the recaps. So we come back from commercial and see what we just saw 3 minutes before, only now, we don't get to just see it again, we get to have it narrated to us by one of the contestants.

Coleen enters the room and says 'Hi Amy'. Cut to Coleen speaking directly to the camera ' I walked into the room and said 'hi Amy'" .

Why do they to that stuff???

The show could easily be an hour long... idk why it's two. At least I got to watch Criminal Minds last night at 9 so it selfishly worked out.

The show used to be only an hour...starting last season NBC has expanded the episodes to two hours. It is a big reason that I am not watching this season because it seems they were recapping what had just happened every five minutes to fill up the episode.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Biggest Loser Has Heartache And A Trainer Who Has No Mercy

October 7, 2008 06:12:52 by DA Southern

bl-bob-alison-jillian.png

The Biggest Loser gave us a recap of last week as we saw the families start to bust up and Jerry leave the friendly confines of the Biggest Loser Ranch. As most of the contestants began to realize that at some point they would be alone in their journey towards health, Jillian spent some alone time with Coleen to try to understand her motivations and encourage her to keep on the right path.

Vicky, concerned that her Brown Team companion, Brady, was holding her back confronted Bob to see how she could work on her own to make progress without Brady being rude to her. Bob assured her that she would need to take the journey in a different manner and that she must not depend on Brady for comfort. It was funny to see that as soon as the teams began to be split up last week, that the individual spirits began to emerge.

Jillian was seen working with Coleen as she was now on her own and gave her a special work out downloaded to her MP3 player. Vicky confronted Brady telling him that he was holding her back, and you could see the tension start to build. Great

I tend to fast forward over a lot of the show. I love the last chance workouts the weigh in and when they show how much the evicted loser has lost since they left. I think 2 hours is way too long for the show.

diet.gif

fast forward is my friend!

I hope I'm not developing a cold heart, but I am so sick of all the sappy, teary calls from home, letters, visits, etc. I don't care that they do them, but they all end up being about the same. Aww-- how sweet -- I miss them so much, boo hoohoo.. Like I said -- I don't care that they do it, and I'm not bothered by their reactions, I just wish we didn't have to see so much of it.

Now, something that's bugging me from last week. Ed and Heba won that RV??? So they've already won a prize that is most likely worth $100,000, give or take??? I was under the impression that they won it, and not just the opportunity to use it while they were in the Grand Canyon. Maybe I misunderstood. Because that seems like a helluva prize!!! Especially since other prizes have been calls and visits home, and from other season, nice stuff, but nothing that significant.

Of course the way the economy is, it would probably be tough to sell. And tough to use, with gas prices the way they are! I suppose the company thought it would be good advertising. After all, this is TBL -- the NASCAR of tv shows.

Instead of TBL shirts, they should all have to wear t shirts from all their different sponsers.

starting last season NBC has expanded the episodes to two hours. It is a big reason that I am not watching this season

Same here. Two hours is just too long.

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

The Biggest Loser Finishes What They Started And Someone Leaves That Shocks

October 8, 2008 07:13:37 by DA Southern

bl-oct-8-the-teams-at-the-water-challeng

The second half of The Biggest Loser from last night was showcased as we saw Vicky win the water challenge, edging out Amy for the prize and, more importantly, winning bragging rights with her husband to prove she is not the weakest link in her team.

Jillian was seen losing control a she saw her teams failing to exercise with the passion of a true winner, sending Amy out of the gym because of her lack of commitment. Amy was shocked to be yelled at by Jillian and decided she might be better on her own. Jillian and Bob confabbed about the lack of intensity and Amy decided to come back to train, knowing in her heart that Jillian was right.

bl-oct-8-shellay-and-amy-exercising.png

Coleen relived her

Wow, you can really now start seeing the weight loss on some of them, especially in the faces.

I hate those challenges where they have to eat calories to win - it just seems so defeating to the purpose of being there. The whiney chick with the glasses gets on my nerves (daughter on the purple team).

I just realized there are 2 guys and 8 girls.

Will make it interesting later.