Dan - Week 8

Jem

how did he lie to the viewers? lmao

Maybe because I'm so tired Tifferoo, I find that statement funny! I guess truth, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder! I personally don't have trouble with Dan lying his butt off on BB. It is, after all, BB. People lie there. Maybe if Ollie had watched enough BB shows from the past he would know, "Never believe a promise during HOH comp."

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he lied to the viewers and it's expected he lies to his housemates.

He's a smug S.O.B who thinks he's better than everyone else in the house and IMO that's his real problem.

He's one of those guys who probably got kicked sand on at the beach and made it to the HOH where hgs have been kissing up to him and telling him how great he is. In a few weeks he goes back to real life again...that's enough satisfaction.

I'll do that Lenray. Lady in Red is one of my fav songs too. But, I don't think I've heard the Judy Canova version. :lol:

I hope what I read in the LFU is true. I would love for Jerry to keep Dan & Memphis off the block. And, as long as Renny or Keesha don't win PoV... Renegades are as good as gold. :wub:

Pulls Gingers skirt up over her head*

HAH! Dan SHOULD be smug. He played the game while the others ran around crying. Keesha's the only one left who feebly tries to compete and her version of gameplay is to chew her fingers and bitch.

I wish Dan and Brian had played either against or with each other to the end.

He lied to me by pleading his case while he was AP on the feeds and telling me (in the DR) that he was playing a straight game. I am not worried about his broken promise to Ollie, I am not worried about his BB lies. I am bothered by his fake I am a good guy persona. Hope he loses, he sure showed he was too dumb to play for the win.

Some people just don't get it. They can't understand that Reality Competitive GAME shows are built upon lies, bullsh*tting, and do what you must do. That goes for both BBHG's AND posters. What're you going to do.

I'm a pretty good judge of character and Dan's no ass. Libra, Michelle, Jerry, Ollie, April are useless human beings. The rest I can live with.

I guess I'm not understanding how he personally offended you...but that' okay because you're entitled to your own opinion. Year after year we've seen people hide behind this or that to further themselves in the game. When it comes down to it, I would rather see someone that actually PLAYED the game win than to see a floater take home the prize again.

I guess none of us would really know because we're not in the house and we really can't say how that experience would affect who we are as people. again, jmho

i think he's a good guy. i think he tried to play straight[brian] and became a doormat...and now he's playing...and had to play or just go home. i don't see smug-i think he's kind of a goofball. i think he's toast this week, and i'll miss him.

I guess I almost feel hurt by Dan. He is supposed to be this big fan. If I made it on BB, the only time I would be honest would be in the DR and if I ever addressed the feeds. I can not advance your game, why lie to me? It doesn't really matter, nothing to get all worked up about... I just no longer want Dan to win. If everything had played out the same, with out the hijinks at POV and he had put up either Ollie or Michelle, I would have said Bravo. It is the head games he played at POV and the untruths he has told me that bother me. NOT GAMEPLAY!

My thoughts, exactly, Lauri.

I'm not worked up about it in the least, I just don't see the lie.

There is such a thing as changing your mind and adapting to the situation.

What he did at the POV was kind of putting all the cards out on the table, so to speak.

Was it shady? Yes. Is it a game? Yes.

It is what it is.

I also do not understand how Dan lied to you personally, a viewer, not a player! I also don't remember Dan spending any time during his DR sessions during his week as AP talking about how he was playing, or promised to play, a straight forward game. I do however, remember him talking about playing as THOUGH he were weak to keep the POWER players from seeing him as a threat. Don't you feel that implies a degree of subterfuge?

I wrote in another post a few days ago about football and the dynamics of the game. Football is about misdirection and concealing your intentions. When a wide receiver starts his route and has a defender on him, and he zigs right to fake out the defender and then runs left, did he lie to you because he had clearly indicated his intention of running to the right and then underhandedly ran the opposite direction?

I also remember Dan being skeptical about the America's Choice of who Dan was to vote for. It was pretty clear he wanted to eliminate Jessie, and during his DR session, he said, "please don't screw up MY GAME!" Didn't that indicate that he was playing a part?

As long as I'm on the football bandstand, there's another old adage in the game that goes like this, "Offense wins games but defense wins championships!" This week should be critical and a tremendous amount of fun to watch.

Jerritol is still making nice, but I gotta believe he's going to go on a major Power Trip before the week is out! JMHO

Dan did a good job going from the weak, I can't win a comp even tho I try real hard, to a real danger in any comp. He has played the game well and other than his POV game, which he admits wasn't the best thing to do, he has done what he needed to do to stay in the house.

I have had only 1 leg on the Dan bus, but I do not think he lied to the viewiers, quite the contrary, he said to the views in his diary's and on the Hammok or lets say when he was alone and talked to the camera that he was playing a role, not himself, making them the other housseguests think he is a weak person not just in body but mind too, I never thought he needed to play that role, and I do find him very goofy and sometimes immature. I just also think he has not until recently let anyone see any of the real Dan, and as it turns out he is pretty normal, I don't know where or how he has lied to us the viewers at all, just sayin

wicky, you are not creepy, but quite lovable,lololol :devilish:

Dan was a huge target because of his association with Brian. The entire house voted out Brian, but Dan stood alone and stuck to his alliance. After that, he played the role of a "weak" player, and look how far it's gotten him! I always prefer a strategic player over a floater OR a physical player. I think he took his Replacement Nominee Roulette too far, but Dan admits that mistake in his blog. He's had to lie in the game, but show me a winner of BB 2 - 9 who never had to lie or backstab anyone.

He's made this season enjoyable for me. I think if Dan had followed Brian out the door, this would have been a crappy season and I probabably would have stopped watching it by now. He's playing a great game, and I hope he makes it to the F2. Even if he loses the money, he is most deserving of a shot to convince the jury to award him the win (imo). I never thought he'd be my favorite player based on his early comments, but I've loved him since Brian was evicted. I'm immensely relieved that when he told us he was only pretending to be weak, he wasn't lying.

lolololol. Runs in with a wet noodle and smacks Wicked on the Hiney and runs :hide:

I hope Dan survives Jerry's HOH.

Archived