Wednesday, August 27th

CeCiMom

i think the gun/bullet thing is part of bitchelle's russian roulette conspiracy theory?

That and the wake up song this morning had something to do with guns. Of couse, paranoid Michelle thinks the songs were played for her...LOL!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okie dokie is universal, and it does mean ok, however the way ollie used it was a slang way, sayin Dan made him go for the okie doke, meaning sarcastically yeah right, ok, whatever, the okie doke being going for the bluff makin him look stupid, I hear it used in slang that way all the time, but more back in the say 70's,lol

okie dokie is universal, and it does mean ok, however the way ollie used it was a slang way, sayin Dan made him go for the okie doke, meaning sarcastically yeah right,

it isnt a slang

okie dokie is a pretty common term meaning you pulled wool over my eyes or you fool me or you trick me

I am going to be REALLY pissed off tomorrow if Renny and Keesha decide to flip the house again and align with the lying bitchelle after Dan just saved their asses this week. They will completely drop off my favorites list.

now UPV, where I come from, it is a slang term, "I went for the Okie Doke" that is slang usage to me rather than to say yeah I was a fool and believed Dan, just sayin. Everywhere has their own things, and I do know it means OK,

I was reading in the updates that Keesha is letting Michelle talk in her ear, then someone on here seems to think this means Keesha may flip?? I am not sure she would at this point. she surly would not take that chance at this stage of the game, would she??

when we used to play dominos people used to use that term all the time, Like sayin Oh "you think I am gonna go for the Okie Doke, huh", like "I ain't that stupid.

yeah it is slang that was mistake by me

but it may mean ok to some but i also heard it use when someone tricks someone

so dont make it seem like ollie is just inventing words out blue

i actually know it as both ;)

Okey-dokey

Meaning

Okay. There are some late 20th century alternative meanings, limited to the USA, e.g. 'absurd or ridiculous' and 'to swindle or deceive'.

Origin

This little phrase is a variant of okay. It is 20th century American and first appears in print in a 1932 edition of American Speech.

There are several alternative spellings - okay-doke, okey-doke, okee-doke, etc. In addition to these is the comic version that has brought the phrase back to popular attention in recent years - The Simpson's Ned Flanders' 'okely-dokely'.

All of them are just a perky reduplicated variants of okay, utilizing that favourite device of two-word phrases - rhyming. As a reduplication it is properly spelled with a hyphen, although it is often given without.

Like okay, 'okey-doke' is used to indicate that all is well, e.g. 'everything is okay here', but may be used when responding positively to a request. That is exemplified in this piece from Colin MacInnes' book City of Spades, 1957:

"One Guinness stout, right, I thank you, okey-doke, here it is."

See also - other reduplicated phrases.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/english/linguist...n_spelling.html

btw jusy saying

Guess I don't have much STREET CRED, and whatever little I had, I lost it right here!

has nothing to do with street cred :mellow:

it is a very common saying

:mellow:

I knew you knew that, and for sure Ollie could never be so clever as to make up a little saying like that,lolol, yes it has those 2 different meanings, that is what is sooo hard and different about the english language, there are sooo many slang pharses and words that it is hard for people who are from other countries to learn it, the are words that sound exactly alike but hav ediffernt menaings, and maybe a different spelling, and then the little slang phrases too, it makes it hard to learn english,lol

LOL GSN, first time I ever heard that phrase I was in LA in a bar playin pool, and that was waay back in 1971, I live in my home town now which is in Missouri and Ollie is From De moines Iowa, so it is said around here as well, it is kinda universal.

i do agree there lol :lol:

uvp like I said in my sheltered little world, the only way I have EVER heard it used was as a version of okay.

I had never heard it used as okay you got me,you pulled the wool over my eyes,in a negative manner so to speak.

That is why I said I wasn't up on that usuage as slang of the phrase in that context.

just saying!

Where I come from... if you ask someone a question... if their answer is a yes... you would say... okie dokie to imply that you understood what they said and you were okay with it.

Example:

M: Yo Ollie, I'm gonna go swimming later. You down wit' dat?

O: Yeah, I'm down with that.

M: Okie dokey.

If one is in a playful mood, they could even say: Okie dokey pokey.

not knowing is one thing

but saying it is a street word is another thing

only folks i know in streets are thugs, prostitutes, drug dealers etc....

i dont know alot of words myself but i dont quickly denounce words that i dont know as being from streets

just saying!

i didnt take offense i was just educating

if i was offended i would have pm the mods ;)

All I know re: OkeyDokie is that it is also very popular in the Southeast. I remember hearing the old Little Rascals say it in their 1930s short subject comedies.

Re: The three Amigos/Twiddle Dee, Twiddle Dumb, Twiddle Needs Detox...at the end of BBAD, Jerry was relentlessly "drilling" Ollie/Mich on next HOH quiz...so off the base...such a waste of time...as dumb as Nat's counting on BB9.

studying in bb unless its items in house is pointless

bb always uses off wall questions anyway

Did anyone ever hear the saying "On the kay and kay." Same meaning as on the "Okie Doke." Meaning whatever is being said or done is with approval.

Minnie Mouse will be joining the house. Gosh, its all right there!

Skreesha is already accounted for in the house.

Archived