Dan - Week 4

CeCiMom

I would like to see Michelle with Dan, Renny and Memphis too. And, I think that if Dan, Renny or Memphis win HoH... she will!!! After they get out April (or HOllie) then they would probably get Jerry out. But, the following week would be Libra or Keesha, imo.

That would be the perfect scenario!

...but BB never goes perfectly for me...:(

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... it's not official... it's a temporary thing to get Jessie out. But, we're hoping... :D

gah. Well I'll be voting like a crazy man for Dan to evict Jessie. I'd really hate for this to blow up in Dan's face because of a week of America's player, which it definately has potential to. Ooooh how I hate AP. I think Keesha, Dan, Renny, Memphis could be a strong 4 though, Dan has been dogging it and throwing it alot, I think he starts to switch it on soon (hopefully) and he and Memphis could be strong players.

Hopefully, a lot of the people who like Dan will be able to vote hard to help him stick to his word. Plus seeing the house flip finally and do away with this unianimous BS would be pretty nice

Dan's gotten a great edit (not a Poopert edit, but a good edit). I can't see America voting to screw up Dan's game by telling him to vote for Jessie.

Oh, I would bet money on America voting to evict Jessie. Most people don't vote what would be easy for AP. They vote for what they really want to happen.

I think Dan said he's catholic (talks about confession & stuff)............and, although it's not a qualification, a lot of the cath. schools pay so much less that you really have to be a dedicated catholic to be willing to teach there...........my sister-in-law, after 20 yrs. is not making much more now than the starting salary in most public schools........plus, no retirement package like we get in public school. I'm sure there are exceptions but that's pretty much been my experience.

I'm glad he's been forced to align with Memphis but they still have to win something!

You're right the pay stinks and is one of the reasons why many of the schools close...they can't get teachers. The other reason is unless they allow non-catholics in, enrollment is low.

Recently, many Catholic schools closed in the NY tri-state area. It's a shame.

Lvgal, I cannot speak for everywhere else, but down here, some of the biggest private schools are Catholic. They allow non-Catholics to attend...and pay the HEFTY tuition. However, that tuition (ave. $15,000/ year/ kid) doesn't really reach the pockets of the school teachers...but don't be surprised if the Head Master drives a new car every year...

I would respect Dan more if when pressured (by either side) to swear on the Bible, he responds, "You know I am Catholic. You know how I feel about my faith. Yet, you want me do swear on the Bible for a game? I will not, and I will vote to evict you." If he can add a white glove slap, it would be even better.

The school here subsidizes housing for the principal/teachers as the bay area is one of the most expensive. They still don't make a lot but they do pretty well here.

My youngest brother taught at a private HS in San Diego for a few years, just to get some teaching under his belt. It was easy to get in and loved the environment. He then taught both HS and College and hated it. You either had the parents who didn't care or you had parents that made demands that their kids could not fulfill. Strange. He now teaches college only and once again is enjoying it.

Do Catholic children ever win scholarships? Or is it prorated according to parents income? I will say many Catholic high school graduates I have known probably had a better education than I did.

Would Dan make less money in a Catholic school than he would in a public school. Would Dan's benefits be better than the state of Michigan? I knew a Baptist who taught at a Catholic school ... but only for a couple of years.

There are some "private" schools here that pay the same as the public schools...........but the catholic schools don't. I've often wondered with the tuition they charge why they can't pay more but who knows? They do give out scholarships and help parents by prorating.

IMO, catholic (or any other private schools) are better at educating kids because the parents are paying money out of their pocket and make sure of it AND, they can choose their students.

I was a little shocked that Dan swore on the bible, when I first heard it I didn't think he would. No particular reason.

In retrospect, I would love to have gone to a Catholic high school. But the nearest one from my town was like 60 miles away! Also you'll notice when you see famous/accomplished people being interviewed they frequently mention their Catholic school roots.

The sad thing is that I don't really think Dan understands what AP is all about. When he saw that he needed to get Jessie nominated... he thought that meant evicted too. Because of that, he is making promises that might not come true.

I'm going to vote hard for Jessie to get evicted because I don't want to see Dan's game getting ruined either.

Keesha wants Memphis is sequester so she can try and get him alone before they go back to their lives. She is looking to hook up with him it's so obvious and for that reason I would love to send her to sequester with Jesse instead.

I really don't think the votes count on these shows because you cannot prove who the most votes came in for who because they don't show you anything so the show decides who is AP and what they do IMO.

I'm beginning to think that Dan is too far into it to change his vote now, even IF america told him to vote out Memphis.

Renny had him put his hand on the bible again, raise his right hand, look her in the eye and swear to it :animated_rotfl:

I just don't think Dan would be strong enough to go against that for any amount of money!

Archived