Tuesday, July 29th

Fatcat

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah my mom said she felt the one that was July 23rd here in Georgia... Said she prolly wouldn't have except she was in the car...

What did they yell at Jessie for LOL

cool...thanks for posting link serenitynow!

so funny the judge judy one...:lol:

Okay. What's the biggest one?

And please will someone tell Angie not to brush the hair when it is wet. Geesh, she will have no hair left...brushing when wet, blow drying and then straightening.....ng for the hair.

Ginger, a 5.4 could be a foreshock

I didn't realize that if there are aftershocks then there could be foreshocks too.

They said on the that news video that people were pinpointing the epicenter. How is that done?

And, I thought there wasn't that much damage at all in those elderly women houses where the epicenter was suppose to be.

Ginger,

Pin pointing the epicenter is just triangulation from 3 or so seismographs. Find out how far from them the main shock was and then see where they all overlap. Remember, the Richter scale is logarithmic.

Shelia duzent thnk big bro owes her an honerable mention for surviving the Quake in Reseda - but they really do.

Ok that was too obscure even for me but I miss the old broad....

At any rate I am really shocked that HG's are not buzzing more about the Earthquake...

I can recall pretty much every sizable Earthquake I have been in and where I was at the time.

I would think that anyone who has lived in Calif and been in a Quake would be wondering if that was a foreshock

And, Quake Virgins would be freaking out over a 5.4 (although real Californians like Marty would be blase over anything under a 6.0)

Pin pointing the epicenter is just triangulation from 3 or so seismographs. Find out how far from them the main shock was and then see where they all overlap. Remember, the Richter scale is logarithmic.

I do know a little (I'm being generous to myself) bit and maybe I misunderstood the video, but I thought they were talking about the people in the community pinpointing the epicenter--I was asking how do those people know where the epicenter is? Not how do they do it.

Archived