HoH - Blog

bb showing dan writing his blogs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan's Blog

Click picture for HoH Album

2r7v72v.jpg

First off, I have to thank AMERICA for voting me America's Player!!! Finding out that I was voted America's Player was a huge surprise for me personally. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart and I am very humbled by those who voted. I did my best to give you (America) exactly what you asked for, especially with the masculine yet awkward 18 second hug.

In this house I try not to take ANYTHING too seriously because this is a once in a lifetime experience. Everyday I am in this house I try to stay as positive as I can because even when the chips are down a positive attitude can pull you through a lot of tough situations.

Regarding the actual game of Big Brother, it has been a lot tougher then even I imagined. I came in this house trying to play as hard as I can right from the start and I found someone with a similar mindset in Brian. When Brian was evicted it changed the entire game for me and I realized I had to shift gears to play the "weak player" strategy. I've had to throw A LOT of competitions to get to where I am now and being a competitive person it was a very difficult thing for me to do. I'm not a huge fan of losing so to intentionally lose is a lot harder then it may seem. But make no mistake about it, with every competition I have thrown (I like to call it the Art of the Throw) I have had SO MUCH fun doing so. Anytime I would throw a competition I would try to "one-up" or do a more convincing job of each throw, and whether I fooled anyone or not, I hope you all got a kick out of it!

This brings me to my current state of the game as HOH. Clearly I have abandoned the Art of the Throw and am now playing the game as hard as I can. This week by gambling with my hidden alliance member (the Renegades) Memphis' life in the game, I took a huge risk. Lucky for me it has paid off so far, but I have had to do some shady things in the process. I did break a major deal with Ollie by nominating Michelle (someone who I actually like, but is a tough competitor) and it was not an easy decision. In this game you have to make tough decisions because you are fighting for your life every week. Whether or not the decision is right or wrong I am sure I will find out, but at the end of the day I felt it was the best move for me and my alliance in Keesha, Renny, and Memphis. It is nearly impossible to win this game by yourself, so I hope that trusting my alliance does not come back to haunt me!

In this house I try to have as much fun as possible, which includes messing with Renny, making fun of Renny, Swim Club (which has been canceled due to lack of enrollment), poking at Renny, eating Renny's dinners, trying to feed birds in the backyard, making Renny cut my hair, doing cannonballs in the pool, and of course acting like a "mature" 24 year old teacher. Big Brother has given me the opportunity to do things I never thought possible, which includes acting like a kid again, and I am taking that and RUNNING with it. You can't take life in this house too seriously because you will never get out alive!

Some people may wonder why I have not gotten angry at Jerry for the "Judas" comment or any of the other personal shots people have taken at me. The reason that you do not see me respond or fight with them is because I know that people say things in the heat of the battle that they may or may not mean. I do not take any of the things people say in this house personally or seriously.

Real quick I would like to play a game, its called Big Brother Word Association (don't worry, no more Replacement Nominee Roulette, that didn't go over so well did it?). It may give you some insight as to how I actually feel about people in this house.

Renny - Caring/Crazy

Memphis - Strong/Loyal Friend

Keesha - Midwest Girl/Great Heart

Michelle - Defensive/Strong Willed

Jerry - Giving His Best Effort

Ollie - Confused without April / Funny

Brian - Hilarious/Loyal

Stephen - Wild/Smart

Angie - Fun/Guarded

April - Driven

Libra - Opinionated

Jesse - The Hulk

On a personal note, here are a few loves of mine if you are interested (if not skip this paragraph). Monica, coaching high school football, teaching young minds, spending time with my family, running, following Michigan State University sports, and hanging out with my friends.

Pretty wild, huh?

I may take some flak for things I have done in this game because I am a Catholic School Teacher, but I would just like to say that I take my job and responsibility as a teacher VERY seriously. It is my passion in life and I hope that the students that I have taught and players that I have coached have not lost any respect for me or look at me in a negative light, because no amount of money in the world is worth that happening. If I could deliver a message to the Men of St. Mary's it would be: Keep the faith in God even in the most crazy situations, trust Him for guidance, and play as hard as you can within the confines of the rules of the game!

Last but certainly not least I have to thank my family, friends, fans, the city of DEARBORN Michigan, students and faculty of Orchard Lake St. Mary's Prep (who I hope are still keeping my teaching job for me), the St. Mary's Eaglet Football Team (BEAT EGR on Thursday and get the Red Rowdies going!), and of course my beautiful girlfriend (whom I love VERY much) Monica for their support. Seeing the photos and reading the letter from home has re-energized me in this game. At this point I am playing this game for my family and everyone back home in Dearborn! I hope I have made you all proud even with some of the shady moves that I have made (and trust me I KNOW they were shady, but I am trying to WIN). My thoughts and prayers are with everyone back home in Dearborn and of course with the Orchard Lake St. Mary's FOOTBALL Team, get a win and start the season out 1-0. I miss you all, TAU Monica.

And always remember, OLSM #1 In Michigan!

-Dan

a.k.a Father Dan

a.k.a America's Player 2.0 - the new and improved version, a little bigger, a little stronger, and better looking ;)

P.S. I really am going to go to Confession as soon as I get out of this crazy house, so get ready for a marathon session.

Brian - Hilarious/Loyal

how does he know how loyal brian is ?

brian was on the show one week :lol: and had deals with everyone

but pretty good blog

I think it is awesome that Dan remembers this is a GAME and nothing else. He does not take the name calling or backstabbing personally. Angie said it best when she said "only one person will win the half million. not an alliance, not a team, but only one person and you need to do whatever is best for you" Dan seems to have taken that to heart and made this season enjoyable to watch. tonight will definately be "interesting" if nothing else! :boxing:

budget cuts

Head of Household #8: Jerry

I am so fortunate to have been blessed with a wonderful family. Being the patriarch of such beautiful people adds meaning to the value of life. These four individuals that are remaining are my last obstacle to my winning big brother ten. I have learned to respect them all, yet I want to win the game. I thank God for my health and hope that Joanne and I have many good years in front of us. I will always be her knight in shining armor.

Please bless the troops around the world and the veterans that have given their lives and limbs because of their love of country we live free.

The abandoned animal shelter in Tomball,TX has been in existence for about five years and has adopted out about 3500 cats and dogs. It is a no kill shelter and such a pleasure to experience. If anyone wishes to support this shelter please do so and say Jerry sent you.

God bless each and every person.

jmho

Dan's Blog week 9

Head of Household #9: Dan

Wow, what a ride this entire game has been. There have been so many ups and downs it is crazy! I had the chance to leave the house for a day and it was a very strange feeling. The helicopter ride was out of this world, I enjoyed it so much, I managed to see Memphis' Bar, Keesha's Restaurant, and a whale in the ocean! (not to mention all of the spectacular tourist type locations) Being outside of the house for a short period of time made me realize how fast this stay has gone in the house. I know some people may complain a lot about being in the house, but it has (scary enough) become my new home. I was almost missing the fact of being locked in a house with 3 other people, which is borderline insane. I enjoy every minute I am in the house and am very appreciative of all the support of my family, girlfriend, friends, students/faculty of Orchard Lake St. Mary's, and of course the fans (what few fans I may have left, hahahah).

Being in this house for so long you create bonds with people whether you want to or not! Jerry and I have had a...interesting summer to say the least but even after everything has passed I still wish the best for him and his family. It is a very unique thing living with someone who you know dislikes you very much on a 'game level' but on a personal level I think Jerry does not dislike me as much. Hahahah. My relationship with Keesha has come tenfold since the first week. I am not sure I even said one word to Keesha during the first week in the house, she even called me the mole and "very sneaky" at one point. Since the first week, Keesha and I have grown very close on a brother/sister type level, and I've really had a chance to find out how kind and caring Keesha really is. Keesha actually reminds me more of my sister than anyone else in the house. It is funny how terribly OFF my first impressions of everyone was. Finally there is Memphis. Who would have thought there would even be the RENEGADES after week one of trying to back door Memphis with Brian. It's ironic how much Memphis and I have in common considering that we are basically from opposite ends of the world and have almost polar opposite careers. Whether or not I am able to pull game out I have enjoyed every second of it and will cherish the people.

I think I have a little explaining to do about Michelle. Obviously back-dooring her was one of the most dastardly moves this season, and it really could not have happened to a nicer person. I needed to find some way to make amends with her because I think I have hurt her most in this game. Part of my strategy was to make people ANGRY as they walk out the doors because it could possibly ensure me being taken to the final two. It was my goal to have another houseguest take me to the final two for the mere fact that they think they can beat me. I'm not sure how that gamble will pay off.

Last but not least I want to thank the fans of Big Brother this season. We would not get to have as much fun as we do in the house if it wasn't for all of your support and loyalty (yes, I know me throwing "loyalty" around is a oxymoron). Real quick, I am sure that people are wondering, "How can a Catholic School Teacher play the game of Big Brother so conniving, untruthful, and dastardly?" Here's my answer: In my real life I don't have people trying to kick me out of my house, and I came here to play a GAME, and I'm playing as hard as I can.

Back to the support of the fans, you guys are all awesome and it is a tribute to you all that Big Brother has run for TEN seasons. TEN seasons of anything is crazy, let alone a reality TV show like Big Brother. So I hope all in all, everyone has enjoyed watching us in the house. Finally, I have to thank the love of my life Monica for being strong and supporting me in this crazy adventure. It is not everyday that someone you love says, "Yes, go ahead, leave me for 3 months, and I'll be waiting when you get back." All of the families and loved ones of everyone in the house I would imagine are very special people, so I thank you for all of the support.

To everyone back in Dearborn: THANK YOU! I'm trying to bring this home for all of you, if I can pull this win off, we may have to shut down Michigan Ave. when I get back!

To the Men of St. Mary's: School has started, and your teacher/coach is still locked up in the house! I hope all of you are studying hard, paying attention in class, and supporting your fellow brothers. Support the football team, you guys mean a lot to the squad and they need your support. Keep your priorities in check, God, Family, St. Mary's! I hope to return to OLSM soon, go Eaglets!

St. Mary's Football Team: Seniors keep working hard this is your last go around! I hope we beat EGR. Start this seasons strong and finish strong - I will be back soon.

To my Family: I love you all, thank you for the awesome HoH letters, they have helped more than you can imagine. Happy Birthday to Mom and other family birthdays that are coming up. I'll be back soon. I love and miss you all.

Monica: I love you and miss you more than you can imagine. Thanks for sending the stuffed animal that you hate, it brought back a lot of memories. ;) This is almost over stay strong for me and you know I will be strong for you. TAU

Dan's Fans: (if there are any) Thanks for all your support, I will finish this game out with everything I have. If you've liked what you have seen so far, you haven't seen "nothing" yet! I've still got ONE more trick up my sleeve, we'll see if I need to use it or not. I appreciate you all.

Take care,

Dan

a.k.a Father Dan

a.k.a America's Player 2.0.

P.S. Brian, I got Ollie for you, one more to go.

Another fine blog by Dan, I've really enjoyed him in this game, probably one of my all time favorite HG. He doesn't just assume he's liked by everyone (I think he'll be pleasantly suprised when he gets out) and has really had his wits about him the whole time he's bee playing. Not malicious, just playing the game. I really really really hope he wins BB

the blogs are o kkkkkkkkkkkkk

too kissy kissy for me

i want to see some real blogs

jmho

I agree UPV, I think his blogs are a bunch of "Poppycock", I think he writes what he thinks people want to hear, he is good at Plyayin the role, that is how he got to the F2. I can't stand someone who is so nicey nice, course I think in the last cpl nights on BBAD I have seen some of the real Dan starting to emerge, then he catches himself and recedes again. We will see tonight whether he comes out on top,. he did say he kept people who he thought would take him to F2 because they think they can beat him, that would be memphis, who in fact does think he can beat him, and he may, what a shut out that would be,lol, I do not want Memphis to win, but I don't care if Dan does win.

Archived