Dan

Jem

Alec Baldwin said he would leave the country if George Bush won reelection, I think. People say things like that all the time. I think he was unfairly attacked as being anti-woman. Robyn said he did not think women were equal at all... then I watched his interview (or this thing http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQNJawR32No&feature=related )and I don't see where he said that or implied it. He said something to the extent of "We already know you're equal, we don't need the feminist movement blah blah blah." I don't see that as being anti-woman. For me, I'm not a big fan of affirmative action but that doesn't make me anti-black.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now only because we've seen... what.... 10 seconds of him and we're making harsh judgments? CBS can edit him however they please right now. If he acts like a jerk in the house, then I won't root for him.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimney Crickets...Morty's would be dead if people really left who said they would never watch the show again out of protest...

Well, I for one have never said that, but there are one or 2 others that might have in the past.

As for Dan...my first impression is that he is naive and what he calls his own thoughts are most likely products of the environment in which he was raised. I suspect this nut does not fall far from the tree.

It's all open for dicussion on this board, but I do notice that it's always easier for people to make comments regarding religion then it is to comment on race or sexuality.

And I agree, just because a comment is made, doesn't make that person "anti-____."

Let the games begin......................................

Big Brother's been around long enough for the players to know how they're being portrayed. And they're fine with it. They fill out their bio's & myspaces. Producers can only tweak so much. You are who you are.

Now.........This one might be your Amber, Just let him sit awhile and talk with Renny from New Orleans....Ahhhh The Wonders of Mardi Gras.

idk he seem very concern about keeping his job

i think all his big talk was just a ploy to get on the show

the bigger you talk the more likely you are to get cast

I'm sorry if I offended anyone... I would have written the comment no matter what religion he is and inserted that one in place of catholic.

:) Maybe I've watched too many crime documentaries on ID (especially "Most Evil".)

When I heard/read the comments he made about women I think of the sadistic killers that have serious issues with women and/or their denial of their attraction to men. Yes, it was a HUGE jump in thinking... I was trying to be shocking and sarcastic. Of course I don't know this about him... his comments made go hmmmm... and then I wrote what I was thinking. ;)

did dan ever say he is catholic?

i keep reading various boards and folks are assuming he catholic cause he works at a catholic school

is this confirm?

uvp...forgive me if I am wrong, but why would he be teaching at a catholic school if he wasn't catholic? His bio on cbs.com says he "believes that religion is important and that it helps to establish basic values. He thinks it becomes more important as you get older." That would leave me to believe he is very into his religion, which then leads me to believe he is very catholic...but that is just me.

falcon, is he catholic?

uvp...forgive me if I am wrong, but why would he be teaching at a catholic school if he wasn't catholic?

excuse me

lots of thing like say english, spanish, pe, social studies, math

unless he is a preacher there are only ones that must be catholic

i must stay in a different neck of the woods because i just looked on career builder for a catholic school teacher and i see no mention that ones must be catholic to be a teacher at a catholic school

thanks

i see maybe just in canda :wub:

I was reading at AABB this morning. There was a post from Nick BB8 saying that Dan hit on Jen BB8 big time during her interview with Dan. When it was over, he asked what she thought of him. She replied something like "You're my first interview, other than that...nothing."

Nick thinks he's a tool! I have to agree with him, I'm going to love hating this guy!

Yes he is Catholic. Most schools here in MI do not require you to be Catholic. The HS we went to had a teacher who is agnostic. We had all forms of religions with teachers. We had teachers who ended up marrying the man of the children she babysat (he dumped his wife for her). So we definitly had our scandals.

No problem Ceci. I just hate seeing stereotypes whether it be based off of religion, sex, culture, etc... Remember that Dan is an individual...all-be-it a stupid one. :) If it's the Dan I know, he will stay in the shadows a bit. He will let other peopel do the work for him. Or he will join in as other people are doing the work. He does not have the brains to plan something out on his own.

For the record, you don't need to be Catholic to teach at a Catholic school. I know this because I teach at one and I'm Mormon. I was interviewed and everything. They did ask about my faith, but I made it clear I wasn't Catholic. I've been with the Catholic board for 10 years now. And sheesh...you should see the ppl working where I do who are Catholic. There's a lot of living with bfs and sex before marriage going on. As long as you don't mix in your beliefs with what you're teaching, it's all good.

Archived