Sign in to follow this  
kayo

The Dark Knight

darkknightaz7.jpg

The Dark Knight's premiere is still two weeks away but the reviews are already rolling in and they are all pretty much saying that it is nothing short of FANTASTIC, with a few even calling it the "Godfather of all Comic book movies". I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT!

Here is a short article about some of the reviews from MSNBC (no spoilers). I thought about posting some of the review links but they might be too spoilerish for some, so I decided I better not list them.

"Can the Dark Knight Live Up to the Hype?"

This is right at the top of my list too. Bale has proven himself to be the best Batman (except for Adam West of course ;) )

This is the first movie in a long time that I just cannot wait to see, and one that I am so so so excited about. I think I'm going to the midnight showing Thursday night in IMAX! YAY! I hope hope hope I'm not disappointed.

I'm confused about the Jokers role in this Batman, vs the first Batman movie. Are they completely unrelated (like the two Hulk movies)?

So, are the making the Joker the main Character? you cant kill off the main character...

I loved Batman in the 90's!

I'm confused about the Jokers role in this Batman, vs the first Batman movie. Are they completely unrelated (like the two Hulk movies)?

Since I haven't seen the movie, I'm only going by interviews and reviews I've read, but it sounds like Ledger's version of Joker is more seriously dark and VERY demented, while Jack Nicholson's Joker was played more as a campy, deadly prankster ("love that Joker!"). The storyline in this one will not be the same at all as the first Batman and also includes Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones played the character, alongside Jim Carrey as The Riddler in another Batman movie...can't remember which number). Christian Bale and Heath Ledger are both get rave reviews for their performances with hints of possible Oscar nominations.

I've heard about the Oscar buzz too. This movie is the movie that I have been waiting for all year long. I can not wait.

Absolutely should be the top movie of the year!!!!!! I so can not wait may be going to a midnight showing to see this one!!!!!! My first mid night viewing ever!!!!!

its 3:31am right now, I just got back

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER!!

HEATH LEDGER IS INCREDIBLE IN THIS!! I will for sure go back and watch again this next week... absolutely great!! Best movie ive seen in years... SO GOOD!

I'm leaving work at 1 pm today and seeing the movie at 3:30. I already bought my ticket on-line. I'm going by myself. I don't want to wait until my friends get out of work.

So King 123.... did you REALLY REALLY like the movie, or did you REALY REALLY REALLY REALLY like the movie. I couldn't tell. :animated_bouncy:

Not a HUGE Batman fan. ( or Hulk or Spiderman ) Might go see it if my son insists. They sure are capitalizing big on Heath Ledger's death and role. I'm more of a Vin Diesel fan ( Riddick, fast and furious ). Waiting for Babylon A.D. to come out.

Not a HUGE Batman fan.

You just lost a few points in my book, lol...

I will not give any plot info away. But I do want to say this . . . I also thought the death of Heath Ledger was partly responsible for the oscar buzz and the hype surrounding his role as The Joker in The Dark Knight. I did not want to jump on the Heath Ledger bandwagon so I went with the intention of NOT focusing on Heath Ledger. You can't help yourself. He IS the movie. All of The Batman elements were taken out (Wayne Manor, the Bat Cave) so as a Batman movie, I preferred Batman Begins. But looking at it without those expectations, it's f'ing awesome.

I am planning to see it soon been a BATMAN fan since ADAM WEST played the role on TV

I saw it, and I am totally miffed that they

killed off Alfred, commissioner Gordon, and placed Bruce Wayne in Carbonite at the end of the movie.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen it yet, lol... Argghhhhhhhhh.... :brood:

Reaper:

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen it yet, lol... Argghhhhhhhhh....
:brood:

I suspect that you shall enjoy the movie even more than I did. :animated_bouncy:

Reaper wrote:

Are you f'in with me?
:animated_scratchchin:

When you see the movie you shall find out. :cheshire:

I haven't seen it yet....waiting for the hubby to feel like sitting in a theater....(he's been in the hospital).

So echo....on a score of 10 to 0.....ten being the bestest ever....where do you rate it?

:pixiedust:

btw.....cool avatar!

TCS, I give it a solid 8 out of 10. Bale is the best Batman in the series and rest of the cast is really good in their roles; Morgan Freeman, Micheal Cane, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhall, & Aaron Eckhart.

A friend of mine wants to see on the IMAX screen in Seattle, so I'll probably go see it again.

The question about my avatar, is that really me or my evil twin? It's more creepy than Christian Bale in American Psycho. :animated_bouncy:

Thanks echo. The hubby and I are looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight. Sounds like a great cast.

Yeah....I thought that was your evil twin. ;)

<----Puddin's evil twin!

:pixiedust:

Sign in to follow this