Paul Newman Has Cancer

Guest Moxie

Guest Moxie
Paul Newman is battling cancer and is undergoing active treatments to combat the disease, a longtime friend said today.

The Oscar-winning actor, who has looked gaunt in recent public appearances, has cancer "in the lung area," said A.E. Hotchner, who helped found the Newman's Own salad dressing company.

"I know that it's a form of cancer," Hotchner said.

Faced with widespread health questions, Newman issued a statement late Tuesday that he's "doing nicely. "

Continue at Link

I hate to hear this. I've always been a big fan of this man and his wife. They've done a lot of great things for others over the years. :(

I was so sad to hear that news. I hope he can beat it. And yes he's in his 80's.......but its hard to let go when someone like Mr. Newman is nearing the end of the road. He has done so much for so many people and will be missed.

jmho :pixiedust:

The man is what? Like 80 something? And he still races cars? I'd say he beat the odds long enough. Even he can't live forever.

I found that comment to be funny and then asked myself why. I think Jersey hit on something....I read a while back that he use to dip his face in a bucket of ice everyday to preserve his looks and that is how he managed to look good all those years. So, I do believe that someone who tortures their skin like that to preserve their looks would like to live forever.

• 2 weeks later...

My grandfather's going to 94 end of July. He...

stands straight and walks FAST

has hard candy in his front pocket 24/7

eats dessert before his meal

retired from owning his own business for 63 years just four months ago but still diddling around in it.

has a beer for lunch daily

is a NEW vegitarian but someone should tell him bacon's not a vegetable

has a new girlfriend

mows his lawn w/a pushmower

plays a steele guitar in a band

doesn't do old people STUFF

has arthritis in one finger

been to the doctor twice ( once for shingles and once to flush his ear out )

Paul might've lived until..............................?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived