Stupid Baby Names

Ivy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the poor kid....isn't Mowgli from The Jungle Book?

I think unique is great. Interesting is just fine. But there is a line between unique and interesting and weird and stupid. IMO- Courtney Cox named her baby Coco. OK -- it's cute, unique. Sounds more like a nickname, but it's fine...... Then you get Gweneth Paltrow her names her baby Apple. And that's just stupid and weird.

It just seems like people want something unique so badly, that they make stuff up that sounds stupid, or use names that don't quite work for people names.

Or, and this is my favorite-- they find something truly unique, and then it becomes a fad, and soon it's the most popular baby name in the country. I think Madison is a perfect example. At first (many years ago) it was like 'Why would you name someone after a street, or a dead president?' and now I think it might be the top girls' name in the country, or close to it.

Trinity, maybe. Truth, not so much.

I personally don't care for them, but I wouldn't classify them as 'stupid'. Kind of like Jessica Alba naming her baby Honor. I don't really like it, but that's just my personal taste.

I would have to give Trinity and Truth ( especially Truth) an eye roll, but could probably keep my comments to myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup -- and yes, it's already been discussed, but that's ok! Bronx Mowgli.

Some people have said they kind of like Bronx, but I don't even think it's a very nice name for a burrough, let alone a baby! Just not a very pleasant sounding word, IMHO.

Well better a unique name than one that's widely hated like Adolf Hitler... I still can't believe that couple named their son that. I know they're trying to "prove" it's just a name... but really, that kid will get beaten up. Why should he suffer because his parents wanted to try and prove something? They should have changed their own name, and left their child out of it.

They weren't trying to just prove that it's a name. They asked the first cake makers to put a swastika on the cake. They're racists jerks. They're daughter's middle name is Aryan Nation. They're idiots.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/..._cake_rejected/

"The Campbells' two other children are named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, who turns 2 in a few months, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell Honszlynn Hinler who was a Nazi German politician who was the leader of the Schutzstaffel also called SS under Adolf Hitler., who will be 1 in April. Wait a minute . . . I'm sensing a pattern to these names. But before you go jumping to conclusions:

Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently. "Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice." He said about 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children of mixed race."

^^^ that is creepy.

Sarah Palin's daughter named her baby Tripp. So there's some family tradition of naming the boys with something that starts with a 'Tr'. How long before there is a 'Trash' or 'Troll'???

Oh there's worse... (worse than Tripp, I mean) but it's not a favorite. And sometimes family traditions die out -- there is a reason....

Lynn, i didn't know that portion of the story. Our news aired it the way I told it. I'm even more disgusted now. Those poor children...so innocent, so fragile and vulnerable. They'll likely grow up ignorant because that's all they've been taught.

Lynn, i didn't know that portion of the story. Our news aired it the way I told it. I'm even more disgusted now. Those poor children...so innocent, so fragile and vulnerable. They'll likely grow up ignorant because that's all they've been taught.

Exactly Elle. It's pretty terrible that their parents have branded them right off the bat. I hope, for the sake of those children, that they will be strong enough to break the cycle of bigotry. I feel so bad for them because, I'll be honest if my kids wanted to play at the house of that family, I do not think I would allow it. I don't want my children exposed to that kind of hatred.

Archived