Stupid Baby Names

Ivy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I had forgotten all the wild names out there. I wonder if that's what people thought about the first people who named their daughter Rose, or Lilly. They seem like nice names now, but after all, they were flowers first!

I do agree that Honor is better than Apple, and a lot of the odd names. I had never heard of it as a name before. Someone was saying they will tease her.... things like, Your Honor, or worse --'on her' knees. Perverted minds!

But, her parents' intentions are good, and it sounds like it's more how you handle the teasing than the teasing itself.

I have to mention a newer name trend that is bugging me -- using last names for first names. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.

I also remember the first time I saw the movie "Splash" with Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks. When he calls her Madison, because it was the first thing he saw on a street sign, it seemed like such an odd name. Now, Madison is like the most popular girls' name. Ahhh.... trends!

I'm with you on the last names as first names. It's bad to have two first names, ie John David, but to be named Goldfarb Michaels...and be a girl. Ahhhh!! STOP!

Hey Cat, we call the our son, "Three-peat".

My brother is named Clyde (named after a beloved Aunt) Yeah, we had an Aunt Clyde! When my brother was in kindergarten the movie Bonnie and Clyde had just came out......and of all the kindergartens in the world....there was a girl in his class named Bonnie! The other kids made so much fun of him and it got worse when the girl got a crush on him and chased him all over the playground.

:pixiedust:

ROFL! Francis and Jersey, I feel like someone should be doing the drum thing after you two post! Ba-da-bump~! (Three-Peat-- LOL!)

I had forgotten about Madison in the Splash movie, but you are right--I thought it was hilarious back then, and now I'd be thinking, "And that's funny because......?"

It's true about the flower names, like Rose and Lilly, but they named her "Apple," so it would be like naming someone "Flower," instead of the actual type of flower. Did that make any sense? Of course, in the 70's, there were people who were named "Flower," probably. And even if they named her a type of apple, there aren't a lot of choices. Macintosh? Granny Smith? Red Delicious? I really have to wonder why they named her "Apple." Did she crave apples when she was pregnant? That would at least make some sense.

Oh no -- don't give them any ideas! I can totally see Fuji, or Braeburn, in some poor kids' future!

I think I read somewhere that she named her apple because apples are sweet, and her baby was sweet...... all righty then.....

• 3 weeks later...

Wolfgang ( Eddie Van Halen & Valerie )

Camera ( Arthur Ashe - tennis )

Puma ( Tracy Curry )

Sailor Lee ( Christie Brinkly )

Chastity ( Cher )

Coco ( Courteney Cox & Hubby )

Homer James Jigme ( Richard Gere )

Banjo ( Rachel Griffiths )

Free ( Barbara Hershey )

List goes on...

Alcamy

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

Ever Gabo

Moxie Crimefighter

Tallulah Pine

Tu

Bogart Che Peyote

Freedom

Rocket

Audio

Reignbeau

Felix

Dweezil

Personally I DO like the name Lyric.

Personally I DO like the name Lyric

That's what Robby Benson named his daughter. I actually baby-sat her when I was in high school. At the time, I wasn't sure exactly who Robby Benson was, but my mother and older sister made sure to be at the front door when he picked me up and dropped me off.

Probably something like 'oh, we just love Sundays! They are so peaceful and relaxing".

I thought of Wednesday Adams right away too. I have heard of people named Tuesday, I knew someone who had a cat named Friday. I don't really like this name much either, but at least she can go by Sunny.

I believe she was born on Monday. I thought about Sundae too -- thinking they might say it's sweet and delicious---- kind of like the reasoning for Apple. In other words, kinda stupid.

I'm sure they will have to answer sometime about why they picked that name. In some ways, it's not that bad, but you just have to wonder why.

people55x23.jpg

The Meaning Behind Baby Sunday Rose's Name

by Michelle Tauber

kidman_urban.jpg

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban

What's in a name? For newborn Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, quite a bit. The beautiful baby girl, who was born on July 7 in Nashville to parents Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, is named after early 20th-century artist's muse Sunday Reed, People Magazine has confirmed. Her middle name, Rose, is a nod to Urban's late grandmother Rose.

"I have read a bit about Sunday Reed and her husband John

Archived