Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Joe

No Country For Old Men

I really enjoyed this movie. I guess the setting being in West Texas had a lot to do with it, but had it been somewhere else, I think I would have liked it just the same. Javier Bardem made an excellent bad guy!

I still have bad dreams that he's somewhere waiting for me. My only relief is knowing he seems to kill people right away and it won't be some long torturous death (like when I have bad dreams about that guy from SAW).

Joah, you're not hiding somebody's money from them, are ya? :animated_scratchchin:

:smilielol:

Seriously, though, he made that movie leave a lasting impression. Even though I watched it only 24 hours ago, it's crossed my mind many times, since! And, that gun he used was something else! :blink:

No, but one of the places we're considering moving to is a small west texas town. A place I imagine more people like him exist. I have my fingers crossed we don't. :footballhelmet:

...a small west texas town. A place I imagine more people like him exist.

Alright now, why you gotta go stereotyping us like that? :gunsmilie:

:giggle:

I didn't get the end of the movie. Where did the money go??

What happened to the money???

Spoiler Alert!

Although it is left open for interpretation, it is implied that Anton Chigurh wound up with the money. Since he wasn't part of the El Paso motel shootout, he arrived there too late. After the police activity died down, Chigurh sneaked into Moss' room and unscrewed the vent to retrieve the satchel of money. He knew this is where the money would be because he saw the track marks inside the vent of the Del Rio motel room, and knew that Moss kept it in the vent. When Sheriff Bell arrives at the El Paso motel, he sees that the vent was unscrewed by a coin, which Chigurh used in the previous motel. However, a shot of the vent in the El Paso motel shows that the vent may be too small to have accommodated the case containing the money. But, after Chigurh is involved in the car accident at the end, he offers the bicycle boys a hundred dollar bill, which implies that he did wind up with the money.

(NOTE: In the book, Chigurh found the money and returned it to a third party. Like Wells said, he did have his principles!)

Source

Interesting. Thank you Angelo.