Bikini Baristas Under Fire...poor Natty

Have a problem with the scantily clad baristas around Washington state that serve up sex appeal along with lattes and mochas?

A mother in Bonney Lake is organizing a protest Memorial Day weekend just for you.

Tawnya McLavey saw a barista without a bikini top and had enough. She told KING/5 the woman inside the Bonney Lake Hot Chick-a-Latte shop was wearing pasties. McLavey's kids thought they were seeing a "naked lady." McLavey's main beef: She thinks the shops should be classified as adult-only facilities. Oh, and she's also started a clothing drive for the baristas. Read more here.

The pasties, by the way, are apparently all part of the show. An ad on Craigslist posted yesterday says women interested in working at the Hot Chick-a-Latte shops in Bonney Lake, Lakewood and Spanaway must be "extremely comfortable with your body" and "able to work in theme costumes, bikini, pasties, and aprons and not much more!!!"

P.S. -- Seattle has its own version of the sexy barista hot spot -- Chicka Latte. The local chain has locations on Holman Road, Lake City Way and Aurora Avenue North. Despite the similarity in name, the chain bears no relation to Hot Chick-a-Latte -- neither in business nor in wardrobe, said Chicka Latte co-owner Jay Fortgang.

"What our baristas wear is costumes," he said. "I acknowledge they can be sexy in nature, but they're always fully clothed, PG-rated. Never R or X."

Fortgang watched the Bonney Lake report on TV. If his baristas wore pasties, he said, "they'd be fired."

See my video from the Holman Road grand opening here.

WTH??? Isn't it always cold and rainy in Washington state? Somebody needs to give these girls a sweater!

BTW..please excuse my spelling of BIKINI...I promise I made it past 5th grade...LOL

Remember the woman who spilled McDonald's coffee on her crotch? Just the thought of hot coffee on ta-tas makes me concerned for the well being of these "ladies."

I wonder if this idea will take off with other restaurant concepts. i mean, Waffle House is HUGE in the South. Can you imagine some of those waitresses in pasties, bikini's and aprons? That's an entirely different kind of hairnet, and not one for the head. Yikes!

this is in washington

nat is ok lol

HAHAHAHAHA @ Francis' Waffle House comment...sad but true around these parts.. I live in Texas and the first girls who would be on board for those kind of jobs are the chain smoking, tatted up, Texas Flag Bikini wearing, bleach blondes that drive cars like Joy's on My Name is Earl. Actually, they would be just like Joy. Only with alot more wrinkles and prison tattoos.

LOL Betty, at least you would have Joy...in Atlanta, I'd get Earl...dressed as Joy.

Has Natty had any more interviews lately?. I couldn't stand her in the house but am soooo curious to her responses on her behavior and what people thought of her.

hahaha, oh gosh.... waffle house waitresses in not a lot of clothes is enough to turn my stomach... shoot, eating at a waffle house in the first place makes me want to vomit...

i dont see how people can possibly like nat? or is it just me?

Archived