Aussie BB

Yana

LMAO Jem, you've been here in the states too long... You don't have as thick an accent to me though... My hubby and I laughed today about the fact that we have talked about going over for a vacation, but if everyone over there thinks of the American public like Rima and Saxon, we won't be going... We were only joking, cause you know how I am about lumping people together like that, but they did have some nerve talking about us that we LOL...

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xx200xx has posted a competition... They have what is called Friday Night Games... This is a really funny game and I really enjoyed it...

the Small One Merit(or whatever her name is).... was injuryed in the Friday Night game, and has not return 2 house yet.

Im rootin 4 David,Rebecca,Bridgette, & Reene and alittle Ben

Im Hatin: Merit,Saxaphone,Nobbi

LOL It's ok... You have to have time to get to know them... Friday night's show are up... No Show for Saturday so nothing but feeds tomorrow...

I think BB US should have ninjas too... They are about as funny as the housemates... I like this Friday Night Live stuff too...

This is my first year watching Aussie BB. Wow, the Friday night games were great!!

Do they have HOH and POV or are the games the way they do it? How do they go about evicting people from the house?

I'm loving this!!!

Aussie BB Housemate Rima removed due to injury...

Statement re Big Brother housemate Rima

Posted in: Network Ten

By Network Ten

During last night's Friday Night Live games, an accident occurred where Rima fell during one of the challenges and as a result was taken straight to hospital following treatment by the Big Brother medical team.

X-rays revealed Rima has broken her leg and is expected to take several weeks to recover.

She is in fantastic spirits with her husband Carl by her side.

Rima said: "I've broken my leg but my spirit is still intact.

"I'll speak to everyone about the amazing experience in the Big Brother House very soon.

"I just want you to know that the hospital food is much better than the food in the Big Brother House."

This week's Friday Night Live game was an exercise where housemates were required to hold on to a tilting platform, with the last person holding on winning the competition.

Those that couldn't hold on slid down the platform onto a well-padded surface.

Rima was one of the last housemates holding on, but she slid down the platform at a tilt of approximately two meters and unfortunately landed awkwardly on the padded surface.

All games on Friday Night Live are tested three times or more and approved by a Work Place Health and Safety Officer.

The officer is involved in the creation and execution of the games which are modified to various degrees depending on the fitness and capabilities of each housemate.

During the telecast, the officer remains on the arena floor with the housemates at all times.

All housemates are required to wear appropriate safety gear during all games.

A nurse is in attendance during all games and a doctor on call for the duration of the program.

All of us at Big Brother wish Rima a speedy recovery and we look forward to her decision on whether she will return to the House. Network Ten and Endemol Southern Star

Jem -

Vegimite used to be my screen name a dozen years ago. No, I'm not Aussie, but think it's a cool word and loved the Men At Work song Land Down Under where "she just smiled and gave me a vegimite sandwich." :) It's a good screen name. Prompts lots of talk.

Yana - Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this has been a really whack job of a week for me and I haven't had time to watch yet. Maybe tomorrow when the hubby takes the kids for their weekly "Saturday Out" I'll get the computer and the quiet to make it happen!

Nominations are done on a point system. Each houseguest goes into the diary room to nominate. They nominate one person for 2 points and another for one point. The people with the most points (usually 3 people) will be nominated. The winner of the Friday Night Games in past seasons has been able to affect nominates by either removing one person and putting another in their place or by removing 3 points from a nominated houseguest's total. Removing the points was a risky business because by doing so they could nominate themselves but they had no choice about NOT using the power. They just had to choose carefully who they wanted to save.

The Evictions are done by public voting. People can call in to "evict" and to "save" once the totals were calculated the one with the most evicts minus the saves was evicted. Works great that way.

Anyone here watch last yrs shows? FNL is honestly the best.Mike Bree and Fitzy are hilarious. I miss the old host Gretal, she was awesome. Sundays show should be exciting. I hope Terry comes back into the house.That will tick Nobbi off. And I laughed when Nobbi lost all his money except 1 dollar.

This is my first year and I'm loving it!!!

OMG, seeing them in the kitchen is hysterical!!!

I like some of it better then last yrs But I am still hooked on the old HG.They were an awesome bunch. And beware you will start to say bloke,mate and looks good on ya mate alot by the time its over...lmao

I'm at the end of episode 2. I LOVE that the Aussie BB sounds very much like HAL. *L* I wish our BB sounded like that. It's much more calming. Though I have to admit, HAL made me fall asleep many a time.

Cracked me up when Dave said "gonna git a bahnahnah cheah" Translation- "gonna get a banana chair"

I've been watching since 2006 but I downloaded and watched all the way from the beginning. I like the Aussie version better than ours. They seem to get what the people want to see, not what the producers want to happen.

I'm HOOKED!!!! I knew that there was BB in other countries, but today is the first time I tried to find it on line to watch! I spent the whole evening on Youtube watching it!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Allison Grodner needs to watch this show and get some tips from it. I love all the House Mates!!!!!!!

:pixiedust:

Does anyone know if there are other watchable BBs with english speaking casts? I would love to watch like Africa or somthing.

TCS - Agreed!! I love the banishing to the van thing, and I like the food and I like one bed. Though I have to say that we have left the same old thing...single 20 somethings. That part, I would change.

Yeah, they have the 20 somethings, but I hated ALL the BB9(USA) HGs by the second episode.....so far I've watched a weeks worth of BBAUSSIE and so far just a couple of them are a little grating on the nerves. Of course I've only watched the shows made for TV.....none of the feeds yet. I'll get to them now that I'm caught up. But so far so good!!!!!

I told the hubby that I'm watching a new BB and he just shook his head!

:pixiedust: