Sign in to follow this  
rosebudmom

What Is Your All Time Favorite Movie?

I love action, comedies, and oldies. But my all time favorite is

Gone With The Wind

Without a doubt, The Commitments. I've seen it so many times that I can recite the dialog almost word for word.

Coming in a close second, Diner.

"Easter Parade' with Fred Astaire and Judy Garland. I have to watch it every so often-- I need a fix!

My favorite Christmas movie has to be 'Christmas Vacation' with Chevy Chase. A holiday classic if ever there was one. We always used to catch it on tv every year, but decided to go ahead and buy the DVD a year or so ago. I never knew they cussed at all in the movie! But they do!

Erin wrote:

Way, way too many to pick from.

I can't even sort my top 25, so I have at least 25 #1s. :animated_bouncy:

Best Bill Murray Comedy: What about Bob

Favorite Chick Flick: Fried Green Tomatoes.

Ending that suprised me the most: 6th Sense

Favorite Musical: Fiddler on the roof

Best Star Trek Film: Wrath Of Kahn

Movie that's given me nightmares: Exorcist

Without a doubt my favorite movie is The Princess Bride. To quote the movie itself it has everything "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..."

I could quote the movie all day long.

Love The Princess Bride too! Favorite line is "I've been mostly dead all day!"

I have too many to choose from but I am a sucker for the old big production musicals. While I really like Fiddler on the Roof I think South Pacific and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I enjoy more.

And for stupid movies I liked American Pie - fav quote "One time, at band camp".

Mine is SlingBlade

It's so hard to decide.

I'm constantly changing my mind.LOL

Favorite Jimmy Stewart movie: Harvey

Favorite B&W movie: Twelve Angry Men

Movie I will always stop what I'm doing and watch no matter what I'm doing: Saving Private Ryan (I do the same with Band of Brothers)

What is your favorite movie from a novel? When you watched the movie and said to yourself, "They did the book justice."

Francis - That would have to be The Langoliers.

LOL, MrsFroman, I was thinking Shawshank Redemption. I love King, but jeez, some of his best books/ short stories have turned into some real stinkers.

Francis - Absolutely true! I think they kicked butt with The Stand and Stand By Me, but with the more ummmm....science fictiony and monstery of his stories it took a long time for technology to catch up with his imagination! Now they do a pretty good job, but his best are always the character driven anyway!

Christine was a huge disappointment. Not because of technology lagging, but because the subtleties of the character just didn't translate to the screen well.

What is your favorite movie from a novel? When you watched the movie and said to yourself, "They did the book justice."

None of the Hollywood movies. They leave out too much. Masterpiece Theater on my local Public TV station does the best job . . . especially the Jane Austen novels. They're not restricted by the 2 hour Hollywood standard so they can pretty much include everything.

The Mist is one of my fav Stephen King stories. So I was pumped about the movie coming out. I actually really liked the movie, until they totally RUINED the end. Shame.

Older- "To Kill A Mockingbird"

Newer- "The Shawshank Redemption" (definitely, Francis!)

until they totally RUINED the end

like in the movie, "It". Loved Tim Curry as Pennywise, but then the deadlights being a giant spider. WTF??

Wow, it's hard to choose. I guess Fight Club.

A couple of other top contenders would be Aliens and Brazil.

Home Alone 2 is good..

Thriller- IDENTITY.. one of the best movies ever! keeps you guessing till the last 10 secs!

Well I'm a sap. I love Dirty Dancing, Truth about Cats & Dogs, and Pretty Woman. Just classics that were so simple in plot but get me every time. You can throw Dumb & Dumber in there just b/c I never get tired of it.

I have many favorites but one I can watch all the time is "Steel Magnolias"

For pure entertainment and fun - I love Pretty Women, While you were sleeping, the wedding singer. Breakfast Club. Sixteen candles and Pretty in Pink. Lots more too!!

Sign in to follow this