Natalie

Jem

Nice post Catwishes! I get what you're saying.

This brings up something that has been an issue in my household (and others I'm sure) for a long time. When a person is on the internet, are they representing themselves as they really are or are they taking on a false persona because they see the 'net as "not real"? So..is the BB game the same? Do people go in there in character or as themselves? So once you answer that then the question becomes: Are they in character 24/7 or is it that when they're kibbitzing and scheming and planning they are in character and then when they're having quiet time they do the bible thing like they would in their "real life"? Interesting point to ponder because this game is about anything BUT honesty and integrity, IMHO. That brings up the question of whether anyone with a strong moral code should be in the game at all in the first place!

I also don't see Nat's "Jesus talk" as having religion shoved down my throat. It isn't like she's trying to convert anyone, right? I get tired of it and I think she's a very "young" Christian and that's why she tends to be zealous with it, but don't feel any shoving happening.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmm

I'm thinking that in the case of a Game where scheming and bluffing is one of the main tools to get ahead in the game....

it's not un-Christian to do so ... It's a GAME. It was structured so people confined for a long period of time to win the game

would do so.

What IS un-Christian is to bring God into the game.

I object to reading passages from the bible to turn the meaning around to fit things happening in the House.

I object to tithing part of the winnings if they can just WIN.

I object to constant references to God having a part in them getting ahead in the game.

Hopefully God is tending to more important things.

while I'm at it.... (nothing to do with religion) .... I object to the morals and downward spiral of character

of the HG's that have been on this year ... and a few last year.

I've spent less and less times on the live-feeds and am at a loss as to what to post about these people.

You can't get much closer to the Jerry Springer show than what this cast has shown me.

lol.... I almost want to ask God to bring us back the 'old' BB .... but, I know he's busy with World Peace, etc.

( OK... I'll go to another thread now and bore them )

Slowpoke - Nice! Jerry Springer....hahahaha! No kidding.

GingerSnaps - Possibly true about Sharon's answer, but then why did she bring the bible with her? I dunno....

I also don't see Nat's "Jesus talk" as having religion shoved down my throat. It isn't like she's trying to convert anyone, right? I get tired of it and I think she's a very "young" Christian and that's why she tends to be zealous with it, but don't feel any shoving happening

The religion part is the thing that bothered me least last year and this season.

while I'm at it.... (nothing to do with religion) .... I object to the morals and downward spiral of character

of the HG's that have been on this year ... and a few last year.

I've spent less and less times on the live-feeds and am at a loss as to what to post about these people.

This takes away from the game and has become a requirement to get on the show. I think BBAD was the start of it because alot of stuff can be shown there and not on CBS. There's no need for it...yes, people hook up in one night stands in real life but BB is not a bar. Their behaviors are meant for shock value only. It has nothing to do with the game and it should be discouraged by the producers not encouraged. Also, if they are going to act like a bunch of skanks, there's no reason we can't discuss it on this board. I know people hooked up in the past, but Gnat was in that house a few days and giving bj's, then she was begging to give more even after she was told no. Sexual harrassment goes both ways.

:oops:

Sorry guys - I didn't mean to start sounding like a Sanctimonious Prick - just started off on a tangent and couldn't help myself!

BTW - I totally agree that the trashiness of the show really needs to go. As I had said somewhere earlier - BB had better make some serious changes for the summer run or immediately after or the show is toast.

Its not a question about weither God should be brought into the game as it is a question should God be USED in the game.

It is clear that Ryan, Adam, Sharon and Nat do have some form of religion in their lives. (Anyone that wants to read the bible has to have some sort of intrest in religion)

The problem is that Nat is the only one trying to use it to gain ground in the game with the other HGs. If she wanted to think/believe that God is guiding her in the game that is fine but do it in a personal way.

How she is coming off is that God owes this to her.

And trust me this is coming from someone who has theroies about religion that most people think I am nuts for having.

How she is coming off is that God owes this to her.

Because for some strange reason there have been many hg this season who had/have a sense of entitlement. They think because they spend a couple of months locked up that they should win. This bothered me about Chelsia and James and with comments like that; Gnat too.

I'm so sick of the hard life stories...there are probably people more down on their luck than any of those losers and will never be chosen. You have to have a "hard luck" story to tell and willing to take your clothes off and trade sexual favors to get on the show.

In the real world, people who need money just work 2 maybe three jobs to get what they need.

thank you Slowpoke. :) I just don't want to look bad..ya know?

Wow Snaps. This brings another aspect to it. Yes, there has been a sense of entitlement.

All you 20somethings, PLEASE don't take offense here but:

I have found from personal experience (yes, me) that people in their 20s tend to be dumb. And by this I mean that many tend to think that since they are into adulthood they know much about life. So...would the sense of entitlement be gone if the age of the houseguests was raised a bit? Just a thought.....

No.

Sheila's constant rants proves otherwise. Any time someone says I am doing it for so and so--the sense of entitlement is present. JMO

Also, when people start degrading others in the house they are getting desperate and I see the sense of entitlement there too.

It's a game - the number players left is the one chance out of that number that a hg has to win.

The producers should highlight the part of the rule book where it says Someone has to leave each week.

MsF having just turned 30 I can honestly say I have to agree with ya that between the ages of 19 and 28 people feel as if the world owes them something.

I do have to disagree with the point that the Hgs shouldnt feel like they are owed something because of being in the game isolted away from everything they have known. I do think that they all deserving of the money just for playing the game but not for what life has dealt them.

How does saying " I am doing it for my pregant wife" hint at entitlement?

Now if I said " I should win this because my wife is pregant and she is disabled and I am a veteran that is 30% disabled and no one else has that going." That is entitlement! I feel that because of my life everyone else should just give me the money.

I think it's entitlement and it should be left out of the game period.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds when people say they are doing "this for my kid." So, leaving your kid for 3 months to be on tv is the right thing to do? No, the right thing to do when you need money is go out and get a job. I just feel that once they think they have the ultimate reason to be in the house, they should be entitled to the win.

Its not a question about weither God should be brought into the game as it is a question should God be USED in the game.

Excellent point. I wish Sharon could have thought quickly enough to have said something like that. It may have made Natalie actually think.

I don't think using and bringing in are the same. I may say "I have dyed hair" and that would be bringing it in. To say "my dyed hair is because I look old with it left natural" is using it. Sort of.

On the "for my kid" point. I agree. I have some pretty old fashioned views on parenting and find myself too judgemental to have a rational and reasonable conversation about it, but I can't stand the fact that Sheila has been using the "single mom" thing the whole freakin' game!!

Frankly, I think I might rather have Nat 'bible thumping' as opposed to Sheila 'single parenthood thumping'

Well done Jem. Appreciated.

Doubtful but hopeful the producers will see how REPULSIVE two seasons of bible babble is to alot of viewers! Then keep that book OUT of the BBH!

I'm thinking with or without a bible ol Natalie would've found another thing to obsess over and STILL prove her nuts and bolts are all loose!

I humbly disagree I think playing for someone is a form of motivation.

I joined the Army for the safety and well being of all my family and countrymen and women alike, but that does not entitle me to anything nor would I except anything.

Sometimes all you have is that motivation.

As far as God its not a moot point, because if you believe in God then you bring him EVERYWHERE. Its not like a credit card that you can leave at home, its a part of you. Its how you use those beliefs that makes you the person that you are. And God shouldnt be used in the house.

(answering gingersnaps)

Not so, imo. God is the most important part of a Christians life (or should be) so a Christian coming into the game couldn't help but "bring" God too. I honestly haven't seen Sharon "use" God in the game.

Then again, that comes back to the question of whether or not a Christian should even play the game. I don't know. If the rules of the game are to get to the end by any means possible, short of killing another hg (lol), then is it okay to lie and backstab in order to win? After all, it is a GAME. I don't think I would ever choose to play, but it's fun to fantasize and think "If I were in the house, this is what I'd do...."

I go back and forth about Natalie. Is she really that dumb? Is she really that smart? Does she really believe or is she trying to get attention like Sharon? I do think that Natalie is soooooo starved to be part of the clique that she'll do anything to be part of the cool crowd (remember how she talked about being a nerd when she was young). But then when I think that she's starved for attention, then she turns around and acts very bossy and entitled and thinks she's godlike.

And the low cleavage shirts, EVERY CBS show she wears those types of tops. It drives me crazy (and I'm no prude, believe me).

I don't hate Natalie but I don't want her to win either. I DO want to see if she'll keep to her word that when it's her time to go that it's her time to go and she won't act like the others...I'm a betting BigGirl and I betcha she will act like them...

MDGirl - I asked that question earlier. Is she playing dumb or really dumb or a combination? I so wonder.

Sounds like Sharon has effectively flipped the house against Natalie more strongly than before. Nice play, but wonder if it'll stick? Maybe too early in the week for that move?

Archived