Joshua

CeCiMom

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strenuously objecting to homosexuality being called a lifestyle choice. that being said, i think it would be more difficult for my husband than it would be for me if my sons were gay. it would be difficult for me only because i would be worried for how they would be treated.

Choice. What idiot invented THAT concept? As much as being born as a redhead's a choice. Being born blind is a choice? Being born with one leg's a choice? That HAS to be a religious concept. Bah and pffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

HOWEVER! Being a straight OR gay assh*le is a choice.

Choice. What idiot invented THAT concept? As much as being born as a redhead's a choice. Being born blind is a choice? Being born with one leg's a choice? That HAS to be a religious concept. Bah and pffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Religion has little to do with the term "choice". To lump the gay "lifestyle" as a biological attribute or gene is mis-leading and has not been proven by any researchers to date. Popular culture would like to have everyone believe that people are born "gay" , much like people are born with red hear, freckles or some birth defect that one has no control over. Is there a gene that determines homosexuality in the same way genetics determines a person's natural eye color? Scientific studies have so far said "No." Research does suggest sexual orientation is a biologically, environmentally, psychologically and socially influenced lifestyle choice. There is no single gene or chromosome that determines your sexual orientation, be it gay or straight.

With that being said people should be accepted for who they are, not what they are. You are the person you make yourself to be. The choices you make in life, the obstacles and adversities you overcome determine your character. And that is all that we should be judged on by each other.

Science is constantly discovering the causes of all sorts of things (cancer genes). They have not ruled genetics or biological causes out. (I read too). I don't believe we make a sudden conscious choice around puberty whether or not we like the opposite sex or not. Entirely too many gay people have been ostracized (particularly by religious groups) to just be choosing it as a lifestyle. It's torturous at best for many who hide it and some die because of it. Whatever the cause my statement reflects my belief that it is no free choice (unless you find the random person looking to experiment). In fact certain religious groups and a group like NARTH are misleading people about what scientists are saying about their testing (twisting their words). Even social upbringing's come under fire because it cannot be explained why in the case of twins raised under the same roof one's gay and the other's not. Until it's proven otherwise, I'll stick with the experts opinion... the gay people themselves who feel they were born that way. Not accepting them IS a choice and cause and effect of an upbringing or being influenced by another.

Even Josh as callous as he could be agonized over telling his parents. So whatever the cause the lack of acceptance by others is learned and beyond sad. And religion like so many things has much to do with choice(s). JMWO

Which is why I said this:

With that being said people should be accepted for who they are, not what they are. You are the person you make yourself to be. The choices you make in life, the obstacles and adversities you overcome determine your character. And that is all that we should be judged on by each other.

I being the parent of a Gay child know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my child did not decide to CHOOSE her lifestyle, and I believe that that is the way she was born. She did not choose it, I know this like I know my name. She told me when she was 16 and it took a lot of courage for her to do so, but then I know she must have been very secure in how I would react.

I know nothing about genes or how and why some of us are born with whatever sexual orientation we have, but I do know that there is not one thing in my daughters growing up years that could have caused her to CHOOSE her lifestyle. Especially when there are huge obsticals to overcome when you do stand up for who you are. I am 100% behind her, she is my child no matter what, she is the youngest of 4. As far as how Josh acts and portrays himself has nothing to do with being gay, Josh is a pompas ass, and I am happy he is gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, Josh is embarrassed by his behavior on the show!!! During Adam's interview with Gretchen, he said that Josh wouldn't look him in the eyes, talk to him or even congratulate him. I think that's a sign of immaturity and I think that he's ashamed, hopefully...

JOsh told Gretchen that he didn't regret his behaviour, insults, etc, and went on to say that we'd be seeing more of him .... yuk. That descriptor of pompous ass is right on.

Archived