Questions and Answers

indypeg26

I love Morty's site, it's the best!! I was wondering if anyone remembered a site run by a woman named Nancy Polley a few years ago? She started bb4, but had to back out due to health reasons. I haven't been able to find out anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numfar

I remember Nancy. Her site had promise too. Don't know what happened with her though. Hope she's well.

Guest ranster627

This is not a trivia thread ...

I don't know about all of you, but I have always had a ton of questions about BB and I have come to realize we have alot of BB experts who pop in here at Morty's. I wanted this thread to be able to pick all of your brains ...

So here goes:

Does anyone know how long the houseguests are contracted to CBS after the show is over and are they paid for that exclusivity?

If they don't break the contract by leaving, they get $750 a week for 13 weeks. Then afterwards, they must get permission from the production company for any non-CBS acting or public appearances for one year. They also sign a "trade secrets" clause that prevents them from talking about the staff, and procedures for four years. This is standard, same deal as Survivor.

Guest Shockalot

Just to go to what was already reported here - On a Live Feed I once heard two of them during BB4 (Erika and Rob I think) discussing how they had 'A Year' of contract and then one said "..and then three years after this.."

Im guessing that refers to the aforementioned 'trade secrets' clause.

I still havent figured out how exactly Erika was picked since she had some professional relationship with CBS beforehand (producing).

I guess they can go by their own rules or not since its their company?

Would they have had to pay out Justin's contract when he was thrown out?

The way I understand it, and I might be wrong, Justin gets paid up to his leaving. Still can't talk for four years, but can work any where he wants without permission.

I heard that Cuff and Link were very disappointed in their options after leaving the house.

Are the crew working on Big Brother subject to confidentiality clauses in their contracts?

They must be. In five years of coverage there are no cases that I know, of anyone posting "candid photos" supplied by a crew member.

One of the cameramen from BB1 had a web site showing the construction the house and control room, and there are always stories from the cast party, but that's about all.

Guest Shockalot
does anyone know if fans go to the wrap party?

I do know for certain that family of the houseguests can attend wrap parties.

I also know that was no answer to your question sorry

:roll:

Guest ranster627

Have they ever had to use the alternates they have selected? Are the alternates sequestered, and for how long? Are the alternates paid to be alternates? Have we ever heard from an alternate?

ranster... I vaguely remember seeing at least one alternate from (I think) season 1.

My memory has faded from then but, what I think I remember is that we were "shown" one or two "alternate's" that we (the public) would vote into the house. This was dependant on someone taking a bribe or something like that to leave the house. I remember a girl with long blonde hair... but, that's all I remember... or maybe she was put in the house and then voted off the next week. I dunno... LOL maybe I'm making it up in my head to fill the gaps... tee hee

Anyone else remember this chick?

So, the first few years' houseguest are free to say whatever they want now? I'm surprised there haven't been any 'tell all' interviews, or anything like that Those first couple of years, the show seemed a little more genuine -- meaning more of a real slice of life, and without all the twists, a little less manipulated by the producers. So, maybe there's really no 'behind the scenes' dirt to sell.

I would almost have tobelieve that they would have to sign a contract not to say anything (gaga order) alot of companies have them even companies hve them such as Colgate. Something like BB certainly have to have one :shock:

Yeah, that's who I was talking about. She ran a website for 3 years or so and then just stopped. I remember her having a pretty bad time of it the last time her site was up. Like another poster, I hope she's doing well.

Guest Shockalot
ranster... I vaguely remember seeing at least one alternate from (I think) season 1.

My memory has faded from then but, what I think I remember is that we were "shown" one or two "alternate's" that we (the public) would vote into the house.  This was dependant on someone taking a bribe or something like that to leave the house.  I remember a girl with long blonde hair... but, that's all I remember... or maybe she was put in the house and then voted off the next week.  I dunno... LOL maybe I'm making it up in my head to fill the gaps... tee hee

Anyone else remember this chick?

OHhhhhh!!!

My faded memory is revived now CeCiMom... GRRRrrr... I swear it was BB1 and Im sure you are absolutely correct it was a young woman with long blonde hair.

..and yes she was an alternate on stand by in case someone took a bribe .. which I keep thinking was Jaime (the Seattle beauty queen) from BB1.

Hang on because Im gonna do some googling....

Nothing.

I do recall they gave her a quick shot .. she was sitting with Julie when they had the audience.. or possible a 'live shot' of her sitting backstage.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.. now this will drive me crazy!!

Morty.. please help us!?

Whew... hallelujah for shockalot!!! I was beginning to think that I was imagining the whole thing.

Ok, some of my memory has popped in. I also remember a wee little segment on her and who she was... but, for the life of my I can't remember anything other than I think she was a bartender (or there was a bar scene... lol)

Also, I remember the reason I didn't want her to come in the house was because of Brittney. Brittney and Josh had this little high school crush thing going on and I remember thinking that the alternate would come in and take josh away from Brittney. I think I remember her saying she would be more than happy to go into the house and sex it up. And, I remember Josh being leary of Brittany because he was having these mixed feeling of crush or just realy good friends.

Anyways, that's all I have today... I try and bang my head on the wall and get some more out later today... LOL

OK, at first I thought you were confusing her with the AOL commentator (remember her, Regina Lewis), anyway Julie did offer them a briefcase full of money for someone to give up their chance at the $500,000, and no one took it. The critics said the show was doing so bad CBS was trying to send the players home early, which wasn't true. But I don't remember an alternate. I think you're confusing that moment with them voting Amy back into the house.

I've got all my stuff from season one, but it's not in order, just a jumbled mess I've always said I was going to sort out and post, I'll look through it, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen.

-M

I was wrong!!!

09-04-00 MAJOR NEWS!!! On the Wednesday show, the ten grand offered is so that if someone takes the money a new houseguest will join the show. Beth, the new guest was originally a finalist that was overlooked and not picked. She is from Florida and has not watched the show cause she was so angry because she was overlooked.

CBS HAD ORIGINALLY PLANNED TO TRY TO BRING JORDAN BACK INTO THE HOUSE!!! However after negotiations fell through, they went with Beth, the 22 year old alternate, Beth. Producers are stating a number of problems. The biggest problem with the show is that there are no villains. Unlike Survivor which had Richard, this show no longer has any villains. That is why they are probably trying to make George's wife look evil in the commercials. CBS is in desperation mode. Remember, there is less then month till the winner is picked. Ratings, are going nowhere. CBS made the ultimate casting mistake. They picked 10 different people instead of picking ten interesting people, they picked ten different people to see how they would interact. The theory that was used was the 'Real World' theory. What CBS didn't plan on was the most interesting house guests being banished.

Guest Shockalot

BETH!

THANK YOU MORTY!!!

That has been driving me mental and yes indeed CEcimom - I did remember they did a mini-bio thing on her and she was in a bar.

Either worked in the bar or thats just where they shot the clip.

She was very outspoken and gregarious and even made some sorst of 'warning' about the BB House having to watch out if she gets in!

hehe.. they were all but trying to pay the remaining nice friendly 10 houseguests to let them enter some troublemakers lol!

Nowadays they start with 10 loudmouths and maybe 2 are quiet peaceful types lol!

Thanks again Morty.. I was seriously wondering if I was imagining things too lol!

Guest ranster627

Is there anywhere that has archived recaps of Season 1? Was there a live feed then? Will Morty ever post his old ones?

Yes there were live feeds during season 1, and they were all free! AOL was the sponsor and there were no fish (OK, a few chickens) almost no censored stuff.

OK, here's the deal: During BB1, I kept a journal. I also had a page on a web site (just one page). I'd post a very brief re-cap and at the end of the week delete it and start over with tid-bits and predictions. I kept everything I wrote, but mixed in with my journal that was full of stuff I'd grab from various web sites. Since it was just for my own personal reading and reference, I never bothered to credit any of the sources. So I don't know what's mine, what's from CBS, or what's from other fan sites. It's just a huge mess of stuff, most of which isn't mine. It's fun to read.

BB1 was so dull they tried everything to get these people to fight, and they just wouldn't. BB wrote them a roast, with nasty jokes about each other. They all took their turns and did their lines, but went to the red room (the DR) and complained that it was a low, cheap move. The way the voting worked was that each week all the HGs had to nominate two people. The two with the most votes would be the nominees and a phone-in vote would determine who went home. Jamie loved everyone so much that she wouldn't pick two, she'd roll dice. BB would tell her it wasn't allowed she had to say why she was nominating them, so Jamie would say, "Because that's person I selected with the dice, that's why I nominated them." One week Julie told them the nominations were secret, then they played the HGs the tape of everyone picking their nominees, still no fight, no conflict.

I said it was dull, but I still think of it as the best season. There was no BS. No big game props to fail and leave you wondering who really won. BB would ask the HGs questions and you'd hear both sides of the conversion, not just the HGs answer all edited and out of context. It was simple, and better, IMHO.