"kids These Days.."

BBNut

I've read many comments along the lines of this one:

"Sure, she's a skank but kids today have a different perception (I think) then people in their 30's, 40's, etc. "

That is just one example. There are plenty more on the boards.

The big brother house guests are NOT representative of people in their 20s. I'm tired of people insulting anyone in their 20s by lumping us all in a big group saying that my generation is all like them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

word

The big brother house guests are NOT representative of people in their 20s. I'm tired of people insulting anyone in their 20s by lumping us all in a big group saying that my generation is all like them.

I completely agree. One thing I notice about a lot of seemingly closed-minded people who post here is that none of them seem to grasp the fact that people are just DIFFERENT no matter what their age is. Let alone the fact that if any of these posters have traveled around the country, let alone the world they would see how undeniably different people in the same age group, generation, demographic etc really are. I'm appalled at the closed-mindedness of posters here on a daily basis.

It's difficult to post a sentence that says '' Sure, she's a skank but 58.3 % of kids today blah blah blah. Overall generalization on any topic for any group is the norm. Don't take it so personally. Everyone knows there's exceptions. if you're not one of THOSE kids then pat yourself on the back and carry on being decent.

zooms off on broom.

I'm saying these do NOT represent the majority of 20 year olds.

Meaning most of us are NOT like them.

Are all gays like Josh?

Are all 40 year old women like Shela?

Are all middle aged men like Dick?

Talk about these houseguests as individuals, they do not represent anyone except themselves.

i agree just because nat is a whore

its doesnt means everyone name nat is a whore

I totally agree with you BBNut. I think the producers are now choosing HG based on their extreme behaviors. Most people (myself included) are pretty normal and boring. They are not looking for folks that are a representative sample of any specific group beyond the superficial aspects of age, race, gender and gender identity.

BBNut, was that last post directed at me? I was in complete agreement with what you said, and what you are saying now. The closed-minded people I was referring to are the ones who make statements like the one you quoted.

How many gay people can one person even know?

How many 40 year old women can one person even know?

How many middle aged men can one person even know?

The point is that no one can say what the majority of a certain demo is like because one person can't possibly have the facts to back it up.

I think the younger people on the board are taking whatever was posted waaaay too personal, I am waaaay older than 40 and know that not all 20 yr olds fall into the sleazy representation that is on BB, so do not take anything in a personal way on this board, no one meant it that way,jast sayin

Obviously no one remembers the free-sex 60's, 70's and 80's...20-somethings weren't even embryos and there was pre-aids indiscriminate sex....I think condoms manufacturers were on the verge of bankrupcy back in the 70's...this group is an unusual caucophany of wierdos.

Or is it possible that CBS just wanted to put a group of similar minded people into the house so that we wouldn't get yet another season with The Nerd Herd and their Rivals and people would migrate around with everyone and make it that much more interesting for the viewer?

i think this season bb wanted to give folks what they liked so much last season

showmances, abuse of female hg, bible preacher

but the whole idea backfired

imho lasted season was the death of bb and this season was the nail on the coffin

BB NUT... I've worked 'with 20 somethings' at our local Community College for the past 15 years...

I'm sure they aren't all angels - but - to flaunt the type of behavior these HG's do in front of

the American public 24/7 ... I think NOT.

(what they do in private is their own business)

UVP said ... "imho lasted season was the death of bb and this season was the nail on the coffin"

I couldn't agree more... but... I'm sitting here with my claw hammer ready to pry the lid off

and give them one more chance this summer.

For me it's....... THREE STRIKES - - YOU'RE OUT

This group needs a good sex ed class.

I personally do not know any twenty somethings that act like these people. Then again, I don't know any twenty somethings that would be caught dead on a reality tv show. I know that these people really want to be actors and looking for acting careers, but why degrade yourself on television to achieve it? Pathetic.

I work with a lot of younger folks, between 20 and lets say 35, I am the oldest where I work, and I love my younger folk I work with. They keep me young at heart and always laughin, and plus I am up to date on what is popular,I can talk gaming with them, or music, or anything, but seriously none of them woould act the way this crowd conducts themselves and on national TV, my young co-workers have been quite candid about their personal business but still conduct themselves very well in public. I also agree with UPV, last season was the coffin this is the nail, and with slowpoke I will be watchin this summer to see if they have learned anything, personally I think Allison must be cringing at this bunch, but the show is in full swing and there is not a damn thing she can do about it,lol

If I say anything about the age, it is not insinuating that kids that age act that way in this day and time. It is just at 21 you may do things without thinking. You may have a little too much to drink and you would do something that you wouldn't normally do in your regular life. I know what it like to be in the 20's.

Archived