Amanda Fainted

Marty

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missy, I wasn't responding to your post. Sorry if you thought so.

It was to a post made previously by Kiddiehouse (I think).

Joy I agree with you that Allison told her story over and over again. What I'm talking about is when Amanda came back, she didn't say anything to anyone...which made everyone run to her...attn getter. Then she sits there looking all sleepy, dopey and lethargic. She was just being dramatic then. Allison just came in the house and started blabbing away. I guess either way is annoying, but I was just saying that Amanda was playin' it up.

lol coming from er i would like to be by myself too

chelsia that girl is a trip she has devil eyes

back to the nurse

i never knew you could give pt who had a seizure anything by mouth

the nurse is very lucky amanda didnt aspirated

bad nursing

back to the nurse

i never knew you could give pt who had a seizure anything by mouth

the nurse is very lucky amanda didnt aspirated

bad nursing

I thought she handled it well.. What she was putting in her mouth was a gel and I believe Amanda was breathing at the time because I believe the gel was put in her mouth after she had gasped after passing out. When you're in an emergency situation and don't have an IV to hook her up to and get her blood sugar up that's the best thing you can do. Not bad nursing in my opinion, but to each his/her own.

From what I saw she was not seizuring when the nurse inserted the tube in the mouth. She was conscious at the time, because the nurse was telling her to swallow.

The nurse had two emergency situations on her hands at one time. Shame on you UVP for calling her "a bad nurse."

PS - The nurse on sets doesn't live there...they're per diem.

I for one have had a seizure -- only one in my lifetime -- and I can tell you it wiped me out for several days. I have never been so physically tired. So when Amanda walked in the house I believe she was exhausted. She went in the bedroom to sit down and I think it was Josh that came in telling her how scared they were for her and then Chelsia came in going "come on comeon out here so everyone can see you". I believe the girl just really wanted to lie down for a bit.

I'm sorry I do not believe she was an attention hound thru any of this. I think she was tired, scared and probably a little embarrassed also.

Then Allison had to insist over and over that they must not have really been worried about Amanda because she went to the hospital after her and got back before her so Allison was MUCH worse and she almost DIED (she told the world this MANY times) -- Talk about an attention hound - I give my vote to Allison for that. :rolleyes:

JMO

Allison has major issues and it was evident from day one with her comment "Ryan deserves better." Let's see Allison, Ryan knew you all of three days and you think you are superior over Jen?

So, Allison has to be best at everything and she needed to have the worse ailment and prove to be more ill than Amanda. It may appear that she's self-confident, but in fact she has very low esteem because she has the dire need to feel she is better than others and for others to think she is better than them.

Grow up, Allison.

I am glad that you medical types cleared up what was going on last night with the nurse treating Amanda.

Coincidentally, I was searching the intrawebs looking to see if any of the evicted HGs had signed into or updated their myspaces. None of them have except for Neil, who now has a Official BB9 Fan page in addition to his personal page. Who ever runs the fan page needs to also be straightened out, because they posted this:

Folks NEVER EVER do what you saw that nurse do tonight. NEVER put anything in a pts. mouth. If this was real and I suspect not, then she could have killed her..

Basically saying that Amanda faked the episode and because the nurse knew it was fake felt comfortable putting something in Amandas mouth while she was play seizing.

Well, I don't know what Neil's medical credentials are, but you are supposed to try to get a diabetic to drink juice or something, if they are having an attack. If you don't have an injection of glucose, there's not much you can do, other than that. I don't know what he's talking about.

The biggest attention hound that night was Sheila. I've never seen anyone so hysterically trying to get attention in my life. She was the one in tears, after all of that, and it was over Adam's treatment of her--not because she was afraid for the ones who were ill. :rolleyes:

One thing I'll say about Amanda--it was stupid of her to not eat the slop. If you've got blood sugar issues, and you know it, then you eat. Period. Especially when you've had several episodes like the one she had. She said that she'd had it happen several times, and never knows what happens "when she passes out."

I don't know, I saw Amanda conscious when the nurse inserted the tube of glucose in her mouth. Neil's "never, never" might have killed her.

What is so hard to understand....if someone is conscious and breathing (and btw she was not seizuring at the time from what I saw) and can swallow, why can't they take something orally?

Why is everyone hell bent on thinking she faked? It wasn't shown on tv, but did anyone actually see Allisons swollen tongue and hives. I only heard her say "my throat is closing up" from behind closed doors...did they show her after that because after she got the epi her throat opened, but the hives remained until she got the benadryl in the hospital?

I want to post a few things because some people seem very worried about anaphylaxis here.

Every year between 500 and 1000 people die from anaphylaxia.

http://patients.uptodate.com/topic.asp?file=al_asthm/4772

UpToDate Patient information: Anaphylaxis

To put that in perspective, almost 43 thousand people died in car accidents in 2003.

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index

16,692 people were murdered in the US in 2005.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/vio...r_homicide.html

Murder - Crime in the United States 2005

To REALLY put this into perspective, 1 out of every 400 thousand people will be struck by lightning this year.

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/medical.htm

NWS Lightning Safety Medical Information

Depending on the year, between 1 in 300 thousand and 600 thousand will die from anaphylaxia.

In other words, you're generally more likely to be struck by lightning.

Yes anyone can die from anaphylaxia. In the same respect, anyone can be murdered or die in a car accident. The difference is your chances of being murdered or dying in a vehicle are dozens of times higher.

Just wanted to put things into perspective!

i stand by my opinion

I don't know, I saw Amanda conscious when the nurse inserted the tube of glucose in her mouth. Neil's "never, never" might have killed her.

Thats what it looked like to me too. She wasnt seizing any longer but was still really out of it. Thats why the nurse was trying to convince her to swallow it, because Amanda wasnt quite able to figure that out on her own.

that why main reason you wouldnt give her anything she wasnt fully there

Archived