Allison & Ryan

CeCiMom

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it's AS threatening... yet the response between to the girls is different. You would think that if it's equally life threatening, then both would receive the same sort of sympathy.

True, but such is life. Some houseguests are always liked more than others....

Wow...Amanda faints and ppl are having candle light vigils..praying for her recovery..

But Allison has a severe reaction that was potentially fatal and instead of cutting the girl some slack and sending her wishes for wellness, she's met with jokes about choking on her lies.

....lovely.

No offense but your account of Amanda's falling ill and how others behaved is a bit exaggerated. I read that most just went about their business and some talked sports. Oh do you mean the viewers were praying....I'll have to go back and read. But, I get your point.

I wonder if that video shows Amanda attempting to interject her way into Allisons conversation accounting her reaction.

I think that most in the house thought that Amanda's illness was more severe at first, because she was on the ground, but then when they came back and spoke with Allison they shifted their opinion and felt more concerned for Allison. Amanda picked up on this right away and saw the spotlight leaving her.

wow all action happens when i go to bed

allison had a reaction to what??

thanks

Did you see when they were in bed and she said something like, "I'll only say it this one last time but I think you can do better than Jen?"

I thought that was pretty nervy to say. I know she admitted a few days before (I forget to whom) that she and Ryan were very much alike and had common interests (I inferred that to mean she could go for him if given the chance) but I found that a really wild thing to say to someone about the woman he loves.

I hope they get rid of Alli soon... I have to keep changing the feeds because they keep showing her eating... it is not the fact that she is eating, it is HOW she is eating. 1st she takes like dump truck bites of food and then chews with her mouth wide open! I've seen cows chew far more dainty than she.

I thought that was pretty nervy to say. I know she admitted a few days before (I forget to whom) that she and Ryan were very much alike and had common interests (I inferred that to mean she could go for him if given the chance) but I found that a really wild thing to say to someone about the woman he loves.

She's a little too over confident for my liking. The only common interest she should be thinking about is winning the money.

What the hell is wrong with these people, I just can't believe they are taking this "soulmate" thing so seriously.

What the hell is wrong with these people, I just can't believe they are taking this "soulmate" thing so seriously.

I had this conversation with my husband the other night. You CANNOT throw single women into a situation and say "this is your soulmate" without them taking it LITERALLY. As we are seeing, it just doesn't work.

GingerSnaps, I keep thinking the same thing. They ARE taking this soulmate thing seriously as if BB has looked into the future saw that these kooks are in fact each others soulmates. This has baffled me from the beginning.

As for the remark made by Kitty about this happens by putting single women in this situation, I totally disagree that most single women would react like that. I would however, say that most desparate, low self esteem women would react like this.

Sorry Kiddy that I spelled your name incorrectly in my above post.

Alas they're in their 20's (except Sheila..but for as cranky as she is, she's not acting desperate). Take a girl in her 20's and put her beside a woman in her 30's or 40's and you'll see a huge difference in the way in which they conduct themselves.

When you're in your 20's you're all about winning over a guy and doing whatever you need to do to get his attention. You buy in and play the stupid games ultimately selling yourself out. You feel like you NEED someone to live this pretty little dream and your mind/heart won't be settled until you have it.

When you're older you get comfortable that the dream never played out. You know who you are, what's more, you like who you are and everything else is just a bonus so you don't fight for things to happen. If they do, they do. If they don't, they don't. Either way, you know you'll be fine. You realize what was important then really wasn't and you're thankful that you never got with those guys you "faught for" in your 20's. Your standards increase 10 fold and you wait for the man to win YOU over.

Ditto Myss911. If things did continue with the guys from my past, there's no doubt I would have been divorced or manic depressive... though probably both. Forget about the fact that those guys don't have their head on straight, you yourself don't have yours on straight. Two halves in this case don't make a whole. You need to be 2 wholes coming together in order for it to be successful where you compliment not "complete" eachother. Your own life needs to sustain you, you can't seek for others to breathe such life into you. But when you're young, you buy into that whole Jerry McGuire bs.

Alas they're in their 20's (except Sheila..but for as cranky as she is, she's not acting desperate). Take a girl in her 20's and put her beside a woman in her 30's or 40's and you'll see a huge difference in the way in which they conduct themselves.

When you're in your 20's you're all about winning over a guy and doing whatever you need to do to get his attention. You buy in and play the stupid games ultimately selling yourself out. You feel like you NEED someone to live this pretty little dream and your mind/heart won't be settled until you have it.

When you're older you get comfortable that the dream never played out. You know who you are, what's more, you like who you are and everything else is just a bonus so you don't fight for things to happen. If they do, they do. If they don't, they don't. Either way, you know you'll be fine. You realize what was important then really wasn't and you're thankful that you never got with those guys you "faught for" in your 20's. Your standards increase 10 fold and you wait for the man to win YOU over.

So very true! That's why majority of people who marry before age 25 wind up divorced.

(The statistic is extremely high, Like 90%, so to anyone who's now chomping at the bit, please refrain from flaming me with posts about how you know so and so who stayed married...blah blah blah)

JenFan

Feb 21 2008, 06:32 PM

I think Ryan is a racist...atleast a bit. I mean he is against interracial dating, so that definetly syas something.

i hear this alot. and i gotta say nothing is farther from the truth then this. being against interracial dating does not make one racist any more then standing in a garage makes one a Car.

As for the remark made by Kiddy about this happens by putting single women in this situation, I totally disagree that most single women would react like that.

I still stand by what I said. Maybe not as extreme as these females, but SINGLE women who are LOOKING for love, will take this kind of situation to heart and take it literally.

Notice Sheila who was LOOKING for love/sex and was furious that she was paired up with the ugly guy. Take Allison, she got all catty when she found out Jen was Ryan's girlfriend. Don't forget the reaction Sharon had when her EX was paired with her....sick to her stomach when she found out they were paired up....but what about her change of heart regardinig Jacob when she returned? Mere coincidnece? Maybe not.

i don't know. i wish it wasn't true but i kind of think it is. maybe i've just been married so fricken' long that i don't remember the truth about dating...but it makes me nuts to see beautiful young women ( not only on big brother) acting like they have to just hook up, they have no choice, or else they can't get a guy. it didn't used to seem this hard. my oldest son is 18 and a freshman in college, so maybe that adds to my perspective...and i hope it's wrong. i just see all of these young, brilliant, beautiful girls acting desperate. even like with the "sex show" the other night. they all called it "just fun" friends with benefits...i never considered myself a prude, but i can't imagine i would've ever joined in...especially on tv! natalie...for example...is a really pretty girl. but she's behaved so that i feel like boiling myself in soap and water everytime i look at her. i don't mean to be harsh, i do feel for her...i guess i just want her to wake up.

I agree ranjake, I feel for Natalkie as well. I think she has a lot to offer the world (I know I could get all kinds of snide comments here, but please don't, we've heard it all and it's getting tired) she genuinely has a good heart, she is a talented artist (just the characture that she did of Josh was brilliant), she seems to be the typed to give a needy person her last morsel of food... I think she makes poor decisions and lacks in the self-esteem department. Her actions are showing some major flaws and are seemingly socially unacceptable but, to her, it seems that she is in such dire need for attention and acceptance that she will do just about anything... Different people go about their seeking of attention in different ways... James with his bold hair and interesting tattoos, Alli with her seemingly knowing everything there is to know and being the helper with everything (laundry, cleaning, hair dying), Matt with his blatant bragging of his sexual conquers, Amanda with her showing off her body and her assets, Chels and her 'bad girl' party animal personna, Sharon with her 'good girl' image, her dedication to her bible, Sheila with her stories or accomplishemts (what she perceives the HG's want to hear) blah blah blah I could go on and on... Each person hasa different personality and different traits that others will find unacceptable and annoying. I can relate to Nat in the sense that I am very giving and catering, but I, however, wouldn't have the balls to exploit my body as such... probablly mostly in fear that they would call Green Peace on my butt and claim there was a beached whale in the desert! (LOL!) No all kidding aside, I don't have the confidence that she has... plus that is not my personality... These HG's were chosen each for specific reasons, and whether you love 'em or hate 'em they were put here to entertain us. And in the goal of entertaining us they have definitely succeeded.

myss 911...i'm sure you're being mean about your appearance...and i don't think what nat's done takes "balls"...i think it's sad. she's going to be "famous" (her words) for squirting milk and giving **** to a cucumber...which was the point i was trying to make...i wish she knew she doesn't need to do that. but listen, i might just be a ridiculous old *****.

Archived