Adam

Angelo Joe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not into misogomy either, but as a woman i still contend autistic children are more vulnerable and unable to fight back. if he deals with autistic kids' families i'd expect him to have basic knowledge. does he have any idea how many families feel helpless and overwhelmed enough...to then hear a supposed member of the autistic therapeutic community lump their children in a bunch, to the lowest possible denominatoe...which isn't even accurate? i don't want to crucify adam. i want him to come out of the house and be educated...and use his ridiculous, callous remark for good change.

Adam is my favorite this season. I think the guy is hilarious.

He speaks bluntly, and this may be what rubs some people the wrong way.

Its a shame his partner is such an evil bitch.

Hopefully, all this partner trash will be done away with later in the game.

Adam may be able to lay low without his partner.

"bluntly...rubs people the wrong way"? sorry...i know i'm relentless on his one comment...but i don't care. cbs has now condemned his comment...and the autism community is also involved...and i think they should be. this is not nothing. the comment is indefensible. period. i'm not saying it's in any way the essence of what adam is, but it was a ridiculous, disgusting, ignorant comment...and he needs to address it. sheila gave him a chance to say "i didn't really mean it. i was trying to be funny and was stupid" instead he defended the undefendable comment, saying "i work with THEM every day, i can say whatever i want". no, adam, you can't. this disorder is very widespread, and it's growing everyday. if you don't know a family afflicted with autism, you're a rarity. i take these kids into the community. and i'm going to keep taking them into the community and giving them as much as i can and as many opportunities as i can. you would not BELIEVE the stares and giggles of ADULTS. so i have to nicely say..."you know, he's autistic, it's a neurological disorder. he's very smart, but is brain does not process signals like yours does" and on and on. usually people respond very well. it's not their fault, actually. i think in our society sometimes we hide what is not pretty or not easy. adam. said. he.worked. with. autistic.kids. everyone said "awwww"! so adam should know better.

Look. Adam's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Trying to be cool he lets stupid stuff fly out of his mouth. And being a dolt doesn't excuse anyone for the dumb things they do or say. BUT........ on the flipside I'm rather sick of PC overkill and people who stand around waiting for someone to screw up so they can run with it.

adam still my guy

I think the word 'retard' is one of the words that is still in PC limbo, like 'handicapped'. For example, where I live no one really uses the word 'retard', and I remember being absolutely shocked by Black Eyed Peas' song, Let's Get Retarded.

One the other hand, we still call it 'handicapped parking'.

If you have no idea why something would be offensive, why would you apologize for it? I think Adam was being sincere, and was not intentionally being offensive. And I think calling for the show to be cancelled reeks of attention-seeking, and is unfairly humiliating to Adam, when they could have done something much more pro-active, like stating they hoped to work with him when he gets out and educate him about why it's offensive.

Did Adam and Sheila say to each other tonight that they had to do the right thing and keep J&P? They were alone in the BR talking. Adam was worried about what the rest of the house would say. I know I saw that, but I don't see it on the feed reports to confirm.

What is Operation Condor?

LOL CeCi! The guy definitely likes to keep his hands busy... if he isn't trying to dig for booger nuggets he has his hands in his pants playing pocket pull... did y'all see last night when Nat, Chel and James were in Nat and Matts bed and Matt went over and got in Sheilas spot??? I couldn't even believe how much tugging and pulling and yanking was going under the sheets and with Matt right there... that fool was carrying on a convo and still playin with the anteater... Hopefully he carries around hand sanitizer....

Archived