Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Cloverfield

Definitely a must see, I can't get over how much it lived to the hype surronding it..

I really am surprised how well J.J. did..

See it, it's got everything you'd want from a movie..

OK, I have been debating seeing it. Your post made me decide. Now if I can get my wife to go is another question.

It strikes me as a Blare witch in the city type flick. But you're saying it's really good?? I just don't want to go see a movie, onlt have it end with a bunch of questions only to be somewhat answered in a few years...

God I miss LOST!!! :(

yes it really is that good

it was SO F'king AWESOME!

and its one of those movies that really is best seen in the theater

i think im going to go see it again...really

Okay, I went to go see it with my friends tonight and we all thought it sucked. The camera angle for the ENTIRE movie is shot from the view of the actors holding the camera. One can get sick if they aren't used to that or if they go see it drunk. I wasn't drunk but I was dizzy after the movie was over.

If you want a good scare, go see it. But it is one of those movies that leaves questions unanswered and I personally thought the ending sucked. However, this movie can only be best enjoyed in theaters.

Everyone freaking dies in the end. "Hi my name is Rob and blah blah blah" BOOM!!!

We never know if the monster is killed or not. What happened to Lilly? All of the other friends died too along the way except we don't know about Lily. And what the hell was that thing? There was more than one spider-godzilla like creature, but only one huge one. Where the hell did they all come from? I personally wanted my money back. Some parts were funny like when Hud (sp?) was talking about a flaming homeless guy jumping out at them, but other than that, the movie just didn't make me say "Awesome."

I haven't seen it yet but my sons went to a midnight showing at a theatre with an IMAX sized screen and thought they were going to lose their lunch! They had to sit in the front row on the right side and both said that they couldn't even look at the screen for awhile because they felt so sick to their stomachs. And this from two guys who love just about every roller coaster ride there is! They advised me to wait until it comes out on dvd or, at the very least, don't eat anything before seeing it (including popcorn at the movie) and take some dramamine.

As much I really want to see it, I absolutely HATE feeling sick to my stomach so I might opt for waiting until it comes out on dvd.

:) the people that left the movie just before we entered the theater were complaining about feeling nauseous

but not us

and leaving questions unanswered? c'mon, that's what Cloverfield The Beginning will be for

First half hour ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The rest :maleficent:

I don't get motion sickness. Riding on a broom will cure you of that.

You have to approach it knowing you're not going to find anything out.

The entire point of the movie and it's format is not knowing.

You're apart of the group of people who don't know, it's a great change of pace from the normal crap in todays movies.

The cameras never made my head hurt really, you can't zone in on the screen..

And why is it named cloverfield anyways?

The military codenamed it Cloverfield because the monster stomped around Manhattan and has three toes on his feet. Hence, he made it a cloverfield.

Still haven't seen it. After reading more of the reviews maybe I don't want to see it?

Are you telling me they never find out what it is? I am not a "Lost" fan because I don't like being left hanging. I like Heroes. Same format, but by season's end, most questions are answered.

The camera may or may not bug me. Like Justin said, don't zone in, but sometimes you can't help it.

You SEE the thing Baron. They just don't tell you it came from Pluto. The movies focus is on its destruction & the main characters survival.

I'm so excited to see I love JJ Abrams!!!!! Let's see what has he doen Mission Impossible 3 amazing movie best of the missions, JoyRide, he does Lost, he is doing the new Star Trek!!!! The man is amazing and I need to see this. Would of saw it last week but our stupid local theathers in town are not showing it because they couldn't reach an agreement with paramount or something me and my friend where so pissed!!!!! So now we will probably travel down south a little from our town to see it at another theather sometime later this week.

You're not really left hanging..

You don't get anything to hang off of..

You see the monster plenty, you just don't find out what he really is, which is probably my favorite part.

As (I think it was Reeves) said, "We don't have the scientist in a white lab coat explaining everything scene."

I heard this morning so many people were getting motion sickness that now they are giving out a warning to people before seeing it.

i anticipated this movie from the teaser trailer and could not wait to see it.

I was very disappointed with this movie.

A lot of people left in the middle of it . I am not sure if it was because of the whole motion sickness thing or just the movie itself.

I kept trying to give it a chance and thought ...its gonna get better... i was wrong.

i see how some are saying ... well it was as if we were part of the group watching what was going on.

Sorry but i wanted some more answeres about this beastie.

Sorry i love a good monster movie and am a huge Godzilla fan..even the Sony version that was panned so bad. I expected more i guess.

Too each his own..

Abrams and company knew it would be critically reviewed because answers are never given..

I love it, I'm sick of being walked through the history of a plot with my hand being held.

Well I am going to see it and expect the worse and hope for the best. That way I wont be dissapointed. Also, I wont focus on the screen and get sick.

i was surprised at this movie, i thought it would be horrible, but it wasn't. if you go and see it, watch the very end closely, before the credits, and after the credits something is said about the monster, or whatever it is.

before the credits, when the tape plays them at the carnival or wherever they were, you see something drop from the sky, and im pretty sure it was the monster or whatever. and at the VERY end after the credits, they say something like he is still alive, so there might be another one.

As far as we know, he should still be alive since he killed all but one of the

main characters.

In regards to the last two posts...

At the end when you see the whatever went into the water it isn't the monster.

In the viral marketing they go into three different company's based in Japan (one of which Rob is going to work for), and one has a satalite which is broken and is said to have flown through our atmosphere into the atlantic ocean, hence the splash.

That's what most think woke the monster.

J.J. has said that the monster is from Earth, and is a deep sea creature, and the one we saw was just a confused "baby" who has been underwater for thousands of years.

Sign in to follow this