Morty's Tv Big Brother Podcast - Season 9

Fuskie

Season 9 of Big Brother is right around the corner so now is the time to answer the most important Big Brother question of all.

What do you want to see in the next season of the Morty's TV Big Brother Video Podcast?

Get your ideas in now. What did you like? What would you do different? Hurry, pre-production begins January 2nd!

Fuskie

Who notes the Season 8 podcast averaged over 2050 views per week...

Okay - I need to ask questions that may approach political blunders.

Is the podcast meant to be the new thing at Morty's?

Is that where we're supposed to concentrate our re-cap efforts?

For example, is that where we should be sending video clips rather than the dedicated thread?

Should we all be learning how to access and use the podcast system prior to the new season?

I just don't know how to approach this one, Fuskie. Help ....

There was a couple of times when I got shut out of Mortys when BB was on and I went to the BB Podcast and I couldn't figure it out. Of course I was new and I didn't even know what it was. Maybe I can find out more of what it is this next season. Help!!!! :pixiedust:

Katy, the podcast is not meant to replace anything else at Morty's. If you want to provide video clips to the podcast, that's great. I prefer AVI files, although most video screen captures are in FLV or WMV formats. If you are interested in helping out, please PM me and we can talk.

TCS, I am sorry you had difficulties with the podcast. The simplest way to watch the current and all past episodes is to subscribe via iTunes (simply search for Morty's TV). The http://mortystv.com/podcast page always has the most recent episode, or you can follow the link to the VEOH host page and subscribe to the podcast there. We have tried to make it as simple as possible, so if there is anything in particular you found confusing, please let me know so we can address it for the next season.

Fuskie

Who expects that with BB taking place in the winter months, Morty's will need as many volunteers as are willing...

The podcast is supposed to be something fun for everyone when the site went down because of overload it was something to watch and pass the time until it came back up again.

TCS if you're still having problems please feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to help you the best I can.

Yes, thanks.

I will crawl into it again and try to get familiar with it all. And Fuskie, I will be in touch next month.

But, in the meantime, one comment from last season.

I was willing to send you clips, and don't mind sending the huge AVI files but I didn't want to duplicate and wasn't sure how timely the donations needed to be. Many times in the thread we would have various clips, some with a better two minutes at the end, or catching the better one minute in the beginning. Would there be any way to provide some defining list of what is needed, a great moment still missing from the files, or what duration is already on hand?

Or am I making it more complicated than it needs to be??

I have, or will by Feb, all the episodes from all 8 seasons. I will also be grabbing the current episodes the day after air. Anything else, anything off the live feeds, would be welcome. It doesn't matter how long. I have a FTP site you can send them to. How we use them is still up in the air. I would like to make the podcast less dependent on the off-air broadcast and more of content that those who don't get the live feeds might find interesting. Kind of the story behind the story. That just wasn't doable the last time around with the production infrastructure we had in place. We have six weeks to get a more structured production in place if we want to have a second crack at it.

Fuskie

Who has found that converted Flash Video files do not edit well into the podcast...

• 4 weeks later...

This is great. I just got a video ipod so I am looking forward to downloading Big Brother clips onto it soon. Do you post clips from the live feed? Do you also post the interviews that Gretchen does or the CBS Early Show interviews? I think these kinds of clips would be great to have available.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really, no. We summarize the week's competitions and ceremonies but don't have much time left for live feed clips, House Calls or the Early Show. The podcast usually runs 30-45 minutes. Any longer is just too big a file.

Fuskie

Who notes the podcast is downloaded rather than streamed...

Archived