Could Writers Strike Mean Bb9 Starts In January???

JeepGirl

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so i guess hes the force in the house that makes it happen

Zach is not IN the house anymore and he isnt part of production for future BB shows.. so how would he know anything about the next BB?

i think i will wait till CBS itself announces any news regarding the next BB.

:::::crossing fingers for Jem:::::::and anyone else who doesnt want an early BB show::::::::

i can wait till the summer! strikers get back to work!

they have already said (and there are articles stating it) that BB is ready to roll the camera's in the house.

i believe Alison did a interview herself also. thats probably where zach is getting all his info.. from reading the same thing everyone else does.. and then he puts his own spin on things. we should call it the "zach special spin" :pixiedust:

'Big Brother' announces casting tour, director confirms early return

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 11/14/2007

CBS is still keeping mum on recent reports that the network is preparing to bring Big Brother back as early as February due to the recent Writers Guild of America strike, however someone apparently forgot to tell the show's casting director to stay quiet.

"Yep, the rumors are TRUE! We're coming back a little earlier this year... apply now!" Big Brother casting director Robyn Kass posted on her MySpace blog late last week.

While CBS has not responded to multiple messages seeking confirmation of Kass' statement, the network has begun accepting applications and announced dates and locations for a 15-city Big Brother 9 casting tour that will take place between November 17 and December 8.

The announcement of a casting tour presumably means that despite recent reports that the network was considering the option, Big Brother's strike-programming installment won't be a celebrity edition -- a long-rumored concept that CBS president and CEO Les Moonves first suggested in 2002, a year after the U.K. begun airing its annual Celebrity Big Brother installments in 2001.

Although the Big Brother 9 application available on CBS.com includes eligibility requirements, the document does not specify any of the tentative interview process and production schedule date ranges that the network's reality show applications typically include, presumably due to the uncertainty surrounding the strike.

The WGA's last strike occurred in 1988 and lasted 22 weeks.

YAY!!! Thanks for posting this, JEDI!

:animated_bouncy:

I just love Big Brother! February doesn't have a lot going on, anyway, so I'm thrilled!

Edited to add: How cool does it get in that area of CA in February? I wonder if that will make the bikinis scarce? I'm sure CBS wouldn't want that to happen!

I dont care if they do celebrity in march. as long as its on in the summer. smile.gif

The worst case scenario is that they do celebrities in the summer.

The Mole was one of the best reality shows ever until Amazing Race came along, look what they did to that with celebrity editions :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...
How cool does it get in that area of CA in February? I wonder if that will make the bikinis scarce? I'm sure CBS wouldn't want that to happen!

Winters are pretty mild in S. Cal. Its cool at night. A hot tub or a heated pool will keep the bikinis going. We have a hot tub on our patio, and we use it more in the winter than any other season. Any smokers might feel the need to put on a light jacket when they go out @ night to smoke.

Edited: I just checked the LA weather and @ 11:45 pm its 57. Feb will be about the same....maybe alittle cooler....but sometimes it could be warmer....it depends on El Nino.

This morning on my way to work I caught the tail end of an interview on the radio with someone from Big Brother (could have been Alison's voice) talking about the casting calls. The DJs were talking about trying out, but unfortunately I didn't hear enough of it to get any real information. I didn't hear the beginning of the interview and am so upset that I didn't hear if they were talking about a Winter/Spring or the Summer BB. Anyone else hear anything?

Pam

• 1 month later...

Archived