Final BB8 competition analysis

spacecadet

I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, and if so, I apologize, but I ran across this little tidbit on Dick cheating during the final HOH comp against Zach, and found the analysis quite intriguing. It's very thorough, you have to give them that, even if you don't believe in Dick cheating "conspiracy theories."

Enjoy...

http://www.oddandstupid.com/BB8/Dick/Dick_...heat_to_win.htm

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given my trade, I'm actually in awe of the writers insight. I also applaud his/her screen capture skills and/ or patience.

Thanks for the link Spacey!!

I had questioned the final comp on the previous page of this thread, but it was only based on watching the video. Thanks so much for the link, Space -- the detail and breakdown is amazing, and just validates my thoughts on the issue even more.

That shot where we can see Zach's arm in the mirror is quite telling (as is all of it) -- and it's interesting how the comp was set up on an angle. Dick's got the clear 'mirror' advantage.

Spacecadet, that is very interesting. It's so amazing the amount of detail and attention put into that by that person.

It makes me wonder if having Dick cheat was a preconceived notion on the producers part or something Dick caught on to himself while competing? Either way, a win with a cheat involved, is really no win at all!

He had so much help along the way.....................................

Sorry, but I call BS on that explanation about Dick cheating using the mirror.

1. The mirror that we see Dick's eyes in is to his right, not directly in front of him. It can only reflect something that Dick can already see because of the angle it's at. You can see the wall between them, which shows that he couldn't see Zach. There would have to be a series of mirrors positioned just right for Dick to see what Zach was doing.

2. The mirror directly in front of both of them is pointing down so it won't reflect them to each other. You can see it was angled downwards on purpose.

3. There are people so upset that Dick won that they will come up with ridiculous things to try and take it away from him.

Thanks Spacey

I find it all very interesting, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least, between the producers, AP and the words out of Dick's own mouth admitting to cheating with his son. I noticed with each question, Dick waited until Zach already had his answer in position, then Dick would be told by Julie to answer.

I can definitely smell a fix, either it was with the help of the producers themselves or Dick found a way.

I can't believe the producers would help cheat because this was the final show anyway. I do believe they tied dork EriK's hands so he can help the IA win, but not this time. Dick head already admitted he cheated when his son sent him the coded letter, why should anyone be surprised that he would use the mirrors.

Looking at that evidence, it's hard not to think that he didn't cheat. 6 same answers in a row? And he always answered second, 6 times in a row...makes all those other accusations about Dick and Danielle very, very plausible.

1. The mirror that we see Dick's eyes in is to his right, not directly in front of him. It can only reflect something that Dick can already see because of the angle it's at. You can see the wall between them, which shows that he couldn't see Zach. There would have to be a series of mirrors positioned just right for Dick to see what Zach was doing.

The argument is that he could see as a result of it being reflected in the two way mirror behind the two (where the camera is located). If you read the analysis carefully, that is how the author explains it. If Zach's answer is reflected in the mirror behind the two and it's within Dick's line of sight in the mirror to the right, I think it's entirely possible that Dick could see Zach's answers. It's all about what is being reflected in the series of mirrors, not necessarily what is in front of the two contestants.

It just seems interesting to me, with all of this analyis, coupled with the fact that Dick's eyes were clearly darting over to the right on every answer, he waited until after Zach answered to place his answer card, and he had all the same answers as Zach save the one that won him the HOH comp.

Anyway... nothing is going to be done about this, BUT it's just interesting to look at it from so many angles. Happy, y'all, to provide the link... I read it and I geeked out immediately and had to share. ;)

First off, what he saw, and what we see are from two different angles. Just because something looks one way from the camera's perspective doesn't mean that's what Dick saw. The camera is at least 5 feet behind Dick at an angle to the mirror he is supposedly looking at. That changes what he sees. Just because we saw him in that mirror doesn't mean he saw himself or anything behind him. He would have to have been able to see almost the whole room in that little mirror in order to see that other mirror behind Zach. Remember, it was facing to his left, not back towards him and Zach.

The one that the guy points out seeing Zach's arm in the front mirror proves this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. We were looking at a downward angle to the mirror which is pointed down with Zach close to it, so of course we could see it.

Also, the crew tested it out before the show. They would notice if he could see what was going on. If you believe they helped him then I'm sorry, there is no help for you. There are laws against rigging the show. Allison said that herself. Do you think they would risk the entire show, plus any future show they might want to put on, plus all the money they would lose just to help Dick win when by the time he won, there would be no reason to do it since they wouldn't have to worry about ratings anymore anyways? That just doesn't make any sense.

Don't believe every conspiracy theory you read.

That conspiracy theory and those that believe it have been the joke of the internet for weeks. Those mirror pics have been all over the net.

Maybe all part of a plan to get Dick elected for president of the US. Ya never know.

Just sayin......

well crap... i guess the whole mirror story is better than a earbud telling him what to do. yea... the mirror thing does make for a better story and it has all those pics and all.

but wait... wouldnt he have to turn his head to see in that mirror to the right of him? either that or his eyes would be making the bigggggggggggest eye strain evvverrrrrrrr to see into that mirror.

:animated_scratchchin:

Don't believe every conspiracy theory you read.

Please don't assume that because I posted a link to something I found interesting that I believe it to be true. I thought the analysis was thorough and thought provoking, and just because you don't happen to believe it doesn't mean that you need to mock anyone who read it and though, huh, wow, now isn't that something.

As for Dick not being able to keep his bragging mouth shut about his cheating, I believe we already went through that with the coded letter... but no one did anything about that either. It's just laughable because I doubt (and this is MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE) the producers were inclined to do a darned thing to derail their fairytale storyline. It's true these folks are wannabe actors, right down to the acting about a sad little girl and her deadbeat dad being estranged for 2 -- wait 5, no was it 7-- years.

This whole season was a joke. I can sit back happily and LMAO at the whole debacle. Hooray for Dick!!!! WOOOOOOO-LY-HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

i found it funny that the guy that went through all the trouble to post his findings and post all those pics.... didnt realize that he proved himself wrong. he posted picture after picture of dick looking down (most likely at the tv screen that was on the floor in front of dick and zach) and NOT looking to the mirror off to dicks right (he would need to turn his head at least a little or strain his eyes big time) and the times that he did look elsewhere... it was straight ahead more than off to any sides. zach also seem to have the same look and the same stares when in thought.(although his are more goofy)

but for anyone to go through all that hoopla to prove someone cheated... with pics and arrows and graphs... i give it an A-

had there been a pic with a wink in it, an A+ would be certain!

Actually, it would be quite logical for Dick to see the reflection in one of the mirrors. The answer cards were different colors. he didn't have to see the letter, just white or black.

I can't think of another reason why he waited so long to answer.

He's a shifty guy, anyway, so I can't tell for sure if his eyes were shifting to get a better view or if that was just his tick.

If it isn't a conspiracy, it was definately another lapse in production.

Well I just don't happen to believe that contrived bullshi+. What if Danile coughed during the questions? Would that mean something and would they be cheating? He did get quite a few questions wrong. Just one less then Zach.

He did get quite a few questions wrong. Just one less then Zach.

He also had every single answer the same as Zach aside from that one question that garnered him the win... it's just a little weird, is all.

i watched the screencaps captures...and it is impressive work...but to me it just shows nothing. i tried to look at it completely objectively, and i guess it could be something...but not only is nothing proven, to me...it's just...nothing there.

I've had to clean this topic extensively, TWICE, in the past 2 days.

(And I still haven't finished going through the 5 pages of posts I moved.)

I am re-opening this thread now so that anyone who would like to discuss THIS SUBJECT SPECIFICALLY can do so.

If you have nothing to add to THIS SUBJECT, there is no need to post in this thread.

Please consider that a serious warning, and do not test me on this.

Any thread hijacking, baiting, flaming, personal insults, or other ill-mannered behaviour will bring consequences.

Now play nice, and with respect, not just here, but everywhere on the board. Please.

He also had every single answer the same as Zach aside from that one question that garnered him the win... it's just a little weird, is all.

As the sequencing shows, he does not make a move for the card until after Zach places his card. Eyes look to the right, then Dick places the card that is the same answer as Zachs sans the winning answer.

If he did cheat, I would rather think he caught on to something rather than think that the producers actually set it up this way for him to take advantage of it. Though, I have never said that I thought BB was rigged, I've always said that there is definitely manipulation on the part of the producers each and every season.

Yeah If he did cheat I wouldnt be mad at him for doing it all on his own. But IF the producers set it up that is a different story. I dont dislike Dick because the producers helped him a long previously, there are other reasons for disliking Dick :animated_rotfl:

My problem with the whole Dick victory was that so much of what he did along the way was wrong, and yet condoned by the producers. His on-show behavior, his pre-show contact with Daniele, his on-feeds admission of a history of violence, his on-feeds admission of a plan to cheat (which was verified by his son!).

Then, you look at what happened during this final competition, and it just seems a little too convenient that he placed his answers after Zach with all that eye twitching and got all the same answers. It just seems... I don't know... like I said, all too convenient.

I certainly think it is possible that he cheated... not sure if it was set up that way or what... but his behavior is just a little too odd and consistent. But who knows.

That's my feeling on it as well, Space -- when one thing after another is permitted to slide (including admitted cheating), it begins to really add up and you can't help but question it. Based on everything that happened (and didn't happen) throughout the season, it's quite suspicious. I certainly questioned Dick's glances to the right and only answering after Zach had answered. I remember thinking while watching the final comp, why didn't they do something about all those mirrors?

Love him, hate him but at the end of the day, he won the game and $500K!! Sure, I kind of was suspicious the night of the final HOH competition wondering if he and Daniele had a secret code with noise or signal. After reading the post, it does seem suspicious that after the first question he answered the same as Zach. Coincidence? We'll NEVER know because he would never admit it--I know if I cheated that I would NEVER admit it and I would deny it if asked! Some say that he would admit it because of the son cheating letter but come on now, there is $500K at risk. If he admitted to cheating, oh boy, it would set the BB world on fire!! Besides, cheating can be justified as part of the "game." One does what they have to do to win. The ends justify the means, etc.

Dick was allowed to talk to people and say mean and degrading things to them because it was a "game." Lying was ok in the game so why not cheating? Are we saying that there is an "honor among thieves" kind of atmosphere--it's OK to lie but heaven forbid that you cheat?

So, in closing...Who cares if he did cheat? So, what? If he did cheat, then I say he was even better at playing the game than I gave him credit for...my opinion, please don't hate.

Archived