Is Big Brother Rigged?

yadayadayada

Yes, that's my point, too. There are far too many ways to cheat on BB that the producers of BB don't seem to want to make an effort to change. I remember during one of the past seasons (I think it was season 6, but I'm not sure) contestants were talking about how it was easy to look in the windows and see the reflection of the other houseguests and cheat that way. I have always said that it is a bad idea to allow letters into the house from the outside, unless they are submitted in advance of the game starting (general letters giving encouragement). Dick and his son cheating by sending in a coded message (regardless of whether or not Dick needed the info at that time, or whether he interpreted the message correctly) is the result of those letters being allowed in the first place. It was also a horrible idea to allow Nick to send in a letter. I know a few here ridiculed me for days (if not weeks) for my theory that he could have sent a coded message in that letter, but now we see that it was completely possible to send in a simple message, if only to tell her which person to trust or not trust.

OK that is all your I think........ I think I think

What proof has ever ever come out that the producers rigged the game? Has one person come forward to say they messed with the voting? Has one HG said they were strong armed to do this or that? (you know the would if it were true) Just suggestions in the DR are not cause to say rigging.

I'm not sure if Marty's comment is directed to me or not, but I choose to say, "I think" or "I believe" rather than acting as though I have inside knowledge (other than watching the feeds and interviews). All I can say is that I think something happened -- I was not in the production room or the DR, so I don't know for sure. I do tend to take the houseguests at their word when they tell us something about themselves, or their experience in the house, so I take that into account, as well. I don't know why my opinion should mean less because I say "I think" or "I believe," rather than stating my opinion in a way that makes it seem like fact. Stating an opinion as fact, such as "It absolutely happened" or "It didn't happen, no way" doesn't make that opinion any more relevant or correct.

Fizzle - I agree - that is taking a difference of opinion to a personal level. It was hard for me in the beginning of BB to seperate that also. Fortunately I was able to put it in the catagory of a TV show - unfortunately a few here are determined to force their opinions on those of you that did enjoy the entertainment value of Dick.

Wow, Snancy, you have really evolved in your opinion of Dick. I missed this post the first time I read the thread. Maybe opinions of houseguests can be changed, then. :)

I don't think any of us who don't like Dick are "determined to force our opinions on those who did enjoy the entertainment value of Dick." I think we are just trying to give our opinions here, which is what the discussion forum is for, after all. :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was also a horrible idea to allow Nick to send in a letter.

I think his letter was inviting Daniele to his glittering scrap book party after the show. No harm done. Winter is coming, he must be quilting.

But, yes I do see your point. Especially after Dick admitted that he was getting a coded message the producers should have stopped all letters going into the house.

Cat - I have not evolved at all on the subject of Dick I absolutely find him vile and disgusting. I simply am choosing not to give him any more of my time. No one is going to change my mind of what I think about him and I am not going to change any one elses mind. Do I want to see him on other shows - absolutely not. Will I watch him on those shows - No way. My choice.

Everyone who watched BB had to make their own decision. I made mine. What does make me sad is that people are still hurting each other at Morty's over him. I refuse to give Dick Donato that kind of power. I am not going to say if people love him they are as bad as he is and I hope people don't judge me because I don't like him. I feel that some people are taking it to a personal level with some of the comments and that makes me sad.

I was horrified during the show at his attitude toward people and that he felt he had the right to behave that way. Producers chose to ignore it and in many ways encourage him in my opinion. I thought then and still do that his attacks on both Jen and Kail were disgusting and if he was behaving that way in the outside world I believe he would either have been arrested or beaten to a pulp. Unfortunately my feeling that way changed nothing. He still won and got the money.

That is the way I feel - my opinion.

snancy good post.

What I love here are opinions that are well written and not filled with untruths. They don't have to be the same as mine as long as they are true.

yes Dick was a vile mouthed person many times and made me cringe. I hated that part of the show. He was putting on a show for us in his mind.

I enjoyed a lot of the rest of the show and no I don't think that CBS rigged the season or cheated to make certain people win. Some persuasion tatics in the DR was done as in all seasons but Rigged no.

I don't hate CBS or any of the HG. I will be watching BB9 next year.

He was putting on a show for us in his mind.

And this is known because.....

Yeah, everybody knows the Dick personally, so it can be said he was putting on "shows"-what is he a clown?

How people behave and what is observed is usually how they are defined.

I observed a bullyish, immature, disgusting, cheating man. JMHO!!!!

he talked about putting on a show many times.

thats why he would talk out loud when he was alone, because he said he always wondered what people on the show were thinking, so he said he would say what he was thinking.. so the feed viewers would know.

he talked to others about "the show" and if something happened that was funny or it looked cool he would mention something to the effect of "that will make a great episode" or whatnot. he was always after making BB a good show. (regardless of what kind of person he is/was)

Everyone please behave.

I've just noticed that the latest upgrade includes a new Moderator feature for issuing mass warnings, and I've been itching to use it.

:ribbonp:

P.s. Contrary to popular belief, including a pleasant "smilie" does not change the meaning of, nor negate, the harshness of words you post.

My feelings about BB being rigged this year are that in a way, the AP twist automatically rigged the game for the person that got the most attention from viewers. It didn't matter if it was negative attention or positive -- we all watched Dick, and CBS loved that. Therefore, I think they put some rules into effect that they made up as they went along, to ensure that their ratings booster stayed in the game.

There are three instances that stick out for me that cause me to believe this is true:

1. Dick and Daniele admitted several times that they had contact and discussed the fact that they would be on the show together, before the show started. In other years, houseguests were thrown out for this, but the twist of the father/daughter reunion was obviously too valuable to BB to keep up that rule.

2. Dick and his son attempted to cheat through a coded letter, and both Dick and his son have admitted that it happened. However, Dick received no penalty for this.

3. Eric was not allowed to use the veto when he won it. BB claimed there was not time to vote, but that is a lie. Therefore, BB didn't want Daniele to go on the block. It's true that America probably would have voted to keep Daniele, and it would have caused a world of trouble for Eric, anyway, if he had used it. But, it was wrong of BB to not let him use it. I believe they would have let him use it if any other set of people were involved (But we'll never know, since that didn't happen). I'd also love to know if Eric's ball was in that bag to be chosen for POV at all, since he only got to play when Zach picked him as player's choice.

Well, it's time for this thread to be closed. I think everyone that had an opinion... rigged or not rigged... has had plenty of opportunity to discuss the why's and how's of said opinion. If something new should reveal itself to this topic we can re-open but, for now... 'nuf said.

Archived