Dick - Winner!

Jem

Remember "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me"

We all know that is not true - words do hurt and words also influence others to act. Words are very powerful. You think it's funny what he did/said to Jen, but I really doubt you would be laughing if someone did the same to you. I am also pretty sure you would not have dealt with it as well as Jen did.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess that Dick didn't account for anyone being dumb/naive enough to let their 8 year old child watch the show !!

I get that "oooooo Mommy's TV" part but at the VERY LEAST, filter out what the kid views.

I wonder how it felt at school when "Mommy" was on TV jumping around NAKED ?

I get that "oooooo Mommy's TV" part but at the VERY LEAST, filter out what the kid views.

Unless CBS told the families before hand, Dick's televised abuse could not have been expected. i can see your point about the livefeeds, though. How many times did they show Dick swearing on Amber's daughter's life? Three, four??

And when was amber naked?

F3,

Ya gotta admit, Dick was off and running right outta the gate. But either way, and 8 year old still should have seen a filtered version at best. ( Whichever adult had her during Ambers stay )

When was she naked ? !

During the shopping competition......yee gads boy; how's ya forget that ? :animated_bouncy:

Edit to add: I spend more time editing & re-editing........my typing skills are TRAGIC !!

How many times did they show Dick swearing on Amber's daughter's life? Three, four??

I love this board. So much history is rewritten, time after time. :rolleyes: I saw him do it once. He only had the one altercation with Amber, other than the pots/pans thing. There was no comment like that at that time.

No, Amber was naked twice by her own choice getting out of the HOH bathtub, and once when she changed her bra right in front of a camera in the bedroom. She wasn't attempting to hide herself at all.

Whoever had Amber's daughter in their care knew full well what was going on on the feeds, and that it could be shown on the show. It was up to them to screen it.

In my house, all of my kids TV viewing is run by me first, especially a TV show that would air in primetime. That's just common sense.

to my fellow posters, why are you trying to argue with the Dick and Danielle fans. They say he never did anything physical, and then you point out the iced tea attack on Jen, and then they back-peddle and say, "okay that one time". And then they say he never got out of line or threatening, and you say "what about threatening to choke Jen or rape her until she bleeds to death" and they say, "sticks and stone".

I don't understand the reasoning of these people other than maybe there is someone like Dick in their life and if they make Dick account for his actions, then they might have to face up to some evil (not evel you illiterate Dick) person in their own lives.

Please.

I'm pretty selective about what my kids watch, too -- but hey, there are parents who are not -- and I'm sure there's a few (or more) of those kids who go to the same school as Amber's daughter, wouldn't ya think? She'll hear about it if she hasn't already, and it won't be pleasant for her. She'll also have access to a computer soon (or already does) -- not hard to find Dick spewing off on the net -- especially if she hears about it and goes searching to find out what they're talking about. And even if she doesn't see it until a few years from now, it doesn't make it any better -- it still doesn't make it right.

Dick's vile, out-of-control rants were and are abusive no matter how you look at it -- game or no game. Period.

Sheesh. I can't believe how people continue to defend such an ass. What happened to the 'it's all just strategy' tune everyone was singing for so long? Now that we all know that was just Dick being Dick, no one's shouting that excuse any longer. We've all learned that the brutal, abusive, jerk on bb (who can't even win with grace) is who he actually is (even his son admitted it). Yet the flags are still waving. My, my.

She'll also have access to a computer soon (or already does) -- not hard to find Dick spewing off on the net -- especially if she hears about it and goes searching to find out what they're talking about. And even if she doesn't see it until a few years from now, it doesn't make it any better -- it still doesn't make it right.

And will she also find out about Amber being the one who broadcast that she was a meth head, or that she use to lie and manipulate her boyfriend for 2 1/2 years, or that she's faked pregnancies/abortions, or that Amber swore on her daugther's life over and over?

Come on, Amber is the one that put the info out there that Dick used against her. Amber was shown on the shows and the feeds saying all those things herself. Dick didn't say anything to Amber that Amber hadn't already said herself.

Dick has no obligation to Amber's daughter. Amber does. While I feel bad about what Amber must be going through right now. I think Dick's rant on her is probably the least of it.

She didn't broadcast anything -- she told Eric. If she's guilty of anything it's that she's too trusting of people.

Please, PM me and tell me your deepest, darkest secrets -- I promise, I won't tell a soul...

But, hey, if it somehow ends up on the internet, it's your own fault for 'broadcasting it'.

And ya know what? Even if she shared her past with someone she thought she could trust, it doesn't excuse Dick's behaviour once he got hold of the information. It's wrong. It's sick and hurtful, no matter who was on the receiving end.

Man, if it had been YOU on the receiving end of Dick's verbal rampage, I imagine those flags would have lost their wind long ago.

Ok I really think I am done with this subject but here goes....

Dick with his (evel) ways is not going to have an impact on the course of the evil permeating the world. Children in schoolyards are not going to be corrupted because of Dick being on Big Brother.

The things that many children are exposed to on a daily basis far surmounts whatever they may have gleamed from their parents watching Big Brother. There are rap songs with just as much vile crap being played in the schoolyard. There are blood and violent movies on TV and many parents take their children to theaters with horrible scary stuff. Many kids play violent video games. Some kids live in homes and neighborhoods with real violence. Some kids have parents that are meth addicts and prone to violet screaming episodes. (Amber) I would worry about that......

So people think they have to post over and over and over that Dick is the devil and he has corrupted the world and people that don't hate him have succumbed to some mind control idiocy.

Game over..... Dick won.

edit: and yes Amber told the internet over and over of her meth addiction.

She didn't broadcast anything -- she told Eric. If she's guilty of anything it's that she's too trusting of people.

Please, PM me and tell me your deepest, darkest secrets -- I promise, I won't tell a soul...

But, hey, if it somehow ends up on the internet, it's your own fault for 'broadcasting it'.

And ya know what? Even if she shared her past with someone she thought she could trust, it doesn't excuse Dick's behaviour once he got hold of the information. It's wrong. It's sick and hurtful, no matter who was the victim.

Man, if it had been YOU on the receiving end of Dick's verbal rampage, I imagine those flags would have lost their wind long ago.

I do not agree with Eric repeating her stories. Not. One. Bit. Just for the record though, we know from Amber's own words, that she told Eric, Dustin AND Jameka the story of her pregnancies. I was more referencing all the other stories Amber has told over and over about all the things she has done. The drugs, the manipulating, the lying, and yes the pregnancies.

If it was ME on the receiving end of Dick's verbal rampage, it would have never played out that way. Not only would I have never allowed him to speak to me that way, I wouldn't have stood back and allowed him to do it to others without saying anything.

My opinion is, HONESTLY, that Dick was just running off at the mouth. I don't see it as abuse. Those other HG could have engaged in an argument with him just as easily as he was with him. Dustin and Eric both said just as vile and repulsive things as Dick Dick said, but they didn't have the balls to do it outright. They waited for him to walk out of earshot. They went on and on and on AND ON, but just never in Dick's presence. The only difference I see, is they were cowards!

Dick with his (evel) ways is not going to have an impact on the course of the evil permeating the world. Children in schoolyards are not going to be corrupted because of Dick being on Big Brother. The things that many children are exposed to on a daily basis far surmounts whatever they may have gleamed from their parents watching Big Brother. There are rap songs with just as much vile crap being played in the schoolyard. There are blood and violent movies on TV and many parents take their children to theaters with horrible scary stuff. Many kids play violent video games. Some kids live in homes and neighborhoods with real violence. Some kids have parents that are meth addicts and prone to violet screaming episodes. (Amber) I would worry about that......

Oh, okay -- well, that makes what Dick did all right then. :rolleyes:

edit: and yes Amber told the internet over and over of her meth addiction.

Her way of telling the story was not quite the same as Dick's, though, was it?

And please stop telling me that Dick won and to get over it. I have just as much right to state an opinion as you do. Go wave your flag.

I seriously don't understand the argument that Dick's behavior is acceptable behavior, unless it was directed at a Dick-lover. For example, it has been posted many times that if Dick spoke to the poster the way he spoke to Jen, he would be on the floor in a second; but soon after, the same poster says, "But he didn't mean it, it was all strategy and he was just popping off at the mouth." Either he's popping off at the mouth towards you and you accept it, or he's being abusive and you stop him.

Dick is out of the game and he's still spewing vile, disgusting, degrading things about houseguests and "fans", so can you still say that his behavior was gameplay?

Dick is out of the game and he's still spewing vile, disgusting, degrading things about houseguests and "fans", so can you still say that his behavior was gameplay?

Actually Francis, I give it almost no thought whatsoever.

When a game is over, I can't possibly imagine continuing to think about whether a person's gameplay really was that, or is the person an evil monster.

As far as I'm concerned, I've been down that road many times...enough times for me!!

Archived