Who have you met?

Cman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son works part time as security at the Bell Center (Sports/Concert arena) so we can sometimes manage backstage passes.

Madonna: Surprised me but she's actually very sweet. Actually managed a 2 min convo with her before she was whisked away. She's also very petite in person!

Celine Dion: If you can manage to get past her husband, she's quite nice. Very chatty with everyone.

Rod Stewart: Totally cool dude! Very funny guy. Got to watch him and his bandmates play soccer at McGill stadium years ago.

I'm one of those star struck idiotic dudes lol

I met Billy Ray Cyrus when I was really little. My mom was a huge fan so we stood outside after one of his shows to wait for him. Haha :) Who would have thought he'd make sucha comeback eh? I know I'm excited about Nashville Star starting back up on Monday night, which he's hosting. :animated_bouncy:

By celebrity, if football players count ...when I lived in D.C, I dated a Redskin and a NY Giant (ny giant only played one year and sat on the bench) back when I was young and not so saggy from kids. Names are secret though. :lipsrsealed2:

In my teen years I lived in Bakersfield CA and I saw Buck Owens all the time and the hubby pumped gas for Buck a couple of times a week. Buck was pretty down to earth and friendly. Hubby also went to school with Buck's sons.

Jack Palance lived in the mountains east of Bakersfield and I saw him around town. I went to a book signing at the local mall and got to hear some of Jack Palance's poetry. Last time I saw Jack before he died was at Costco.

Merle Haggard also lived near Bakersfield and saw him a lot too when I was a kid. My Mom was a big Country fan and she took me to a lot of concerts when I was a kid. So I've seen and heard a lot of the old country singers. We always stayed after the concerts to talk to the performers. Loretta Lynn was the nicest person, she sat on the end of the stage and did autographs and talked to everyone.

I've seen Roy Rogers (super nice). Micky Mantle (handsome). Glenn Campbell (not so nice). Max Baer (Jethro on Beverly Hillbillies....total jerk). David Cassidy back in the day (I was taller than him @ 14). Joey Bishop (one of the nicest celebs I've ever met). George Lynnsey, the guy who played Goober on Andy Griffin Show (he was so stuck on himself....no wonder him or Jethro never got picked for another show). lol

I got to go to a party in 1978 with a lot of the cast of Days of Our Lives! Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth-Hayes (Doug and Julie). They sat at our table.....the food was so good but I couldn't eat a thing with them sitting there! They were super nice people and talked to us like we had been their friends for years.

I had autographs for all of these people but as a young kid and moving all over the place....they're gone. :( I sure wish I still had them.

Oh yeah....I was in the front roll on the Merv Griffin Show. Got to meet him after the show, he was very nice.

With living 100 miles from LA we got to see a lot of stars....I know I'm leaving several of them out.

:pixiedust:

• 9 months later...

Yes I adore her, she is so brave and couragous

She battled the fight against Overian Cancer!

And she WON! She is a great insperation and

a wonderful woman in real life. The Nanny is

a pretty funny show once you get the whole

plot and all you can have fun with it. ;)

Wow, this is an old thread...

Jamie Farr

Wayne and Janet Gretzky, This was a funny one... It was when they first got together... I was at a footbal game and saw her, had no idea who she was at the time so of course I was hitting on her and then Wayne walks over and puts his arm around her... We had a good laugh and I got their autographs

lots of NHL players

Emerson fittipaldi

Helio Castroneves and most of the Indy drivers

Romber

Sammy Hagar, Buju Banton, and many other bands...

• 4 weeks later...

The movie "Copland" was almost entirely filmed in my town. The big name actors, DiNiro, Stallone, Keitel, & Liotta were pretty much shuttled from trailer to set and only Stallone used to come over to the crowds between scenes to sign autographs. But one night no body knew they were filming in this one part of town, but I got a call from someone who saw them so I rushed up there and was hanging out with Michael Rappaport and Jeanne Garafalo who were just standing around waiting to go to set.

All of a sudden I saw Ray Liotta running across the street towards where the trailers were parked. We were always told not to bother the big names, and that Ray Liotta, especially, liked to be left alone. Well, I saw an opportunity & I took it. I yelled "hey, Ray". He stopped and looked over. I asked for a picture and I guess since there were only a few people around, he came over. My sister snapped a picture of him & I. That was a great summer. Some of us locals even became extras in the carnival scene. All day shooting cut down to about 30 seconds. It was fun though.

• 1 month later...

Al Sharpton - a few months ago at the airport. Was on the phone most of the time but I went up and said hello and got a photo. He was very friendly.

Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked) - waited in line twice because I wanted a drawing and autograph from him. He was very nice too, I asked him his favorite book he's ever written and he said Lost, which wasn't my favorite to read lol. Neither was the third Wicked book.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name