Who have you met?

Cman

A revelation of an old thread!

Just an add on I forgot, I met Justin Guarini's cousin at a karaoke contest in which i got last place, and he got like 2nd. I guess im just meant to write witty banter on morty's :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RogueyStars2004

I have met the lead singer of the band The Grassroots! They are a band that started in like the 70's I think. His name is Rob Glass and his wife was my french teacher back when I was in the 11th grade. He stopped by to see her at school one day and it just happened to be during my class! :D That is the only famous person I have ever met! I hope to bump into a few more during the rest of my life! :D

~RogueyStars2004

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

I was on the Joan Rivers Show (her short-lived talk show), so I met her and Katey Segal (Married With Children) who was a guest on the same show.

Guest ranster627

I met Richard Simmons, actually I was forced to meet him.

During one of his book and video signing tours, my sister needed a ride to stand in line for hours to get his autograph. So there we are in line, and I am cracking jokes left and right. Before the line even moved, a security person grabbed me, and too me into the tent, ahead of everyone, leaving my poor sister behind! Luckily I took her book with me and got her the autograph.

He was so upset I had no camera, and went on and on about helping the disabled with some exercise tape. I was kinda insulted when a video arrived in my mailbox one day.

Long story short, the video was dull, and my sister never made it in to meet her hero!

I really felt kinda used by virtue of Richard wanting to pose with a wheelchair, regardless of who was in it!

Guest XandraSkye

I've met the Barenaked Ladies (have a picture with them) and all the members of Life House. Hmm, I think that's about it. I saw Kenny Rogers in a hotel lobby once and said "Hi."

Guest Anonymous

Met Tony Curtis twice, first time at a taping of a tv talk show in Toronto - he was promoting his art work; totally was enraptured by my friend, a tall blonde who was so disgusted with his leering we ended up having to leave the studio quickly so that he would let go of her hand. Second time about 4 years ago at a seafood restaurant in San Diego. He looked so small and wrinkly, had on a pair of really short shorts.

Also met Johnny Depp years ago while waiting to board a flight from Boston to Toronto. This was when he was on '21 Jump St'. He was very shy, polite, quiet and incredibly gorgeous.

My husband, a chef, has actually met quite a few 'stars', Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts (he didn't know who she was, just a tall skinny broad with a lot of hair, he said), Mick Jagger, Queen Mother, David Beckham, George Best (a football legend in England), and quite a few more that I can't think of at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Richard Simmons - don't be to offended by him Ran, he is a total spaz and I doubt he had any self serving intentions. Simply because I was the only person who was standing in the office when he arrived, I had to give him a tour of the pediatric hospital I where I worked. It was like babysitting a hyperactive three year old that was bipolar. One minute he was laughing and giddy, the next the tears were rolling. I couldn't take my eyes off him for 2 seconds. Once he disappeared into the kitchen where I found him rummaging for food for a kid who told him he was hungry, the child was on a very restricted diet due to a genetic problem and Richard was about to throw him into a major crisis. Was never so glad to put someone in a limo in my life.

Billy Joel - nice guy, very friendly; I think I was probably a wanna be groupie. So much so that I think he must have gotten used to seeing my face at his shows. One night after a show I called and left a "great show" message at the front desk of his hotel, he called to thank me and after that would call when he was in the area doing a show.

Roger Staubach - one of my heme/onc kids was a big fan of his, as his dying wish he got to go to Dallas to meet Roger, the family asked me to go along as their nurse, we spent three days there. Roger was incredible, he took us to dinner, shopping at Neiman Marcus, he was our personal tour guide of the city. But the best part of all was going to the stadium to meet the rest of the team, including the cheerleaders (Jay loved that a lot more than his mom and I did) and spending part of the afternoon out on the field throwing the football with Roger. Tom Landry was also there. He and Roger are probably the most kind, caring, genuine

celebs I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

John Glenn - an amazing down to earth guy. He will talk to you forever. My daughter has had the opportunity to meet several celebs in her time at OSU, she also met Mr. Glenn and he is far and away the one she has been most impressed with.

Jack Nicklaus - a hometown hero, again a nice guy, very friendly and very generous.

The Hudson Brothers - (bet very few people remember them) they were in town for a show, had nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon and made a spur of the moment trip to the hospital, very funny guys. Its Mark, I think, that is Kate Hudson's dad, maybe that will jog some memories.

Howie Mandel - worked with him on a telethon, another guy who is so full of energy its not even funny, his mind goes a million miles a minute.

Jack Hanna - another kind, wonderful, generous man, if you live in Columbus he is like the good neighbor down the street, it seems everyone knows Jack. We ran into him in the airport in North Carolina a few months ago, my daughter about wet herself when she saw him, I've known him for years so I didn't get the excitement at all. She hadn't been around him since she was a baby, I told her to go talk to him while I went for coffee. He was wonderful to her, even though he had just flown in on the red eye from San Diego. She's a vet student studying exotics, Jack is a good person to know!

Having worked at a Peds hospital in a big city, meeting celebs was fairly common, but those were some of my favorites and for one reason or another left an impression. The following isnt mine, but my daughters, definitely my favorite.

She called me one day last fall absolutely out of control, Mommy!!! guess who just gave me a ride home? I figured it was some boy she was after, but no. She had been to a political rally and just as it was ending a horrendous rain came. She said just as she was stepping off the curb to cross the street, a limo pulled up to the stop sign. The window came down and the man introduced himself and offered her a ride........John Kerry! Only a couple blocks, but wow, what a rush for a 19 y/o to be offered a ride home by the man she thought would be President.

I have met Bebe Newurth (sp?) More like I ran after her and stalked her down after a performance of Chicago on Broadway lol. I have met many other famous Broadway stars.

John Secada, Nelle Carter, Mark from Blink 182, Toni Braxton, Bernadette Peters (have a picture with her).

She really is. I have an obsession with seeing Chicago on b-way and me and my friends would wait on lines in the middle of the night to get front row seats to see the show. It was my 6th time seeing the show that night. We had been on line since 4am new years eve of 2000. We just had to be at the first show of 2000. We have made some friends along the way including friends with this guy Jim who played the judge (if you've seen the movie Center Stage he was in that as well). We were waiting by the stage door and he came out and said that Bebe was there (she had not performed that night) and if we stuck around a little longer she would be out. About 10 minutes later she came out no makeup on hair in braids she was trying not to be noticed but she didn't get anything past me. Me and my friends chased her down the street told her what huge fans we were and talked for a few minutes. She was very gracious and sweet it was one of the greatest moments of my life (besides meeting Bernadette Peters thats a whole other long story :lol: )

My daughter went to a cheerleading competition in Myrtle Beach SC and apparently the Backstreet Boys are back and they happened to be staying at the same hotel as we were cause they had a concert and the next day one of the cheerleaders moms asked if they would take a picture with the girls and they did. She loved it Of course she would shes 8 :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest wiseguy

some of my favourites that i've been lucky enough to meet are

robert englund (freddy - elm street)

doug bradley (pinhead - hellraiser)

john saxon (nightmare on elm street)

carrie fisher (princess leia)

dave prowse (darth vadar)

the cast from the original dawn of the dead movie.

loads of others from star wars / star trek / buffy and many many others.

Guest ranster627

I was on the Joan Rivers Show, her talk show just after her husband died ... let me tell you she is one decent and kind lady!

I also met Katey Segal and was not impressed!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have met Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton at Disney World. I was walking with my mom and kids when I look next to me and there they were! I couldn't believe it.

I also met Oscar de la Hoya at Animal Kingdom. He was with his wife and kid. They were in the same line to meet Minnie Mouse.

Neil McCoy- I was in line outside the Wild Horse Saloon to watch a tv show they were recording in there. All of a sudden a lady walks up and asks me if I would like to be on the show in a "dating game". Oh course I said yes. They brought me back for hair and makeup and Neil McCoy was in there and we started talking. He was a very nice man and he told me that if he were 20 years younger he would have "approached me". I was flattered but he's married so he was probably just trying to be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xoxobabegurlxoxo
I'm friends with Nick and Drew Lachey's Mom Cate.  I met both of the boys right before they were signed with Motown when Cate managed them.  They are all super nice.

Omg...that is totally amazing. I am so in love with both of those boys... On August the 12th I met Chris Tomlin and his band..They are Christian.

Guest fro99ie123

I've met Hanson (last year). Taylor is the only nice one :cry: lol . I have also met 2 of their sisters (because they sell the merchindise), their brother, and Zac's fiance(sp). Natalie's grandmother (Taylor's wife), was across the street as a stood in line and she was just staring at everyone in line (we thought she was some crazy lady, until she was hugging Natalie).

I've also seen the blond haired guy from Hootie and The Blow Fish. My mom talked to him once when he was buying baby stuff (for a friend).

:)

• 1 year later...

The Beaver

Spent a day with him at an amusement park.

Frankie Avalon

Kissed me on my 16th birthday.

Lots of others that would only further date my very old life.

I met Kenny Rogers, and got a picture with him..

I met Finger 11 in a local bar, just before they got really famous...

I met Alice Cooper just 1 and a half weeks ago, he is the nicest guy ever, I got my picture with him and an autograph...

• 4 months later...

I used to work for Sonny Bono when he was mayor of Palm Springs.

Living in Palm Springs I have seen a lot of celebrities and gotten some autographs in my younger years. I have been friends with some people that are related to celebrities.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name